Start by marking “The Dangerous Mr. Ryder (Those Scandalous Ravenhursts, #1) (Harlequin Historical, #903)” as Want to Read:

The Dangerous Mr. Ryder (Those Scandalous Ravenhursts, #1) (Those Scandalous Ravenhursts #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Regency. He knows that escorting the haughty Grand Duchess of Maubourg to England will not be an easy task. But Jack Ryder, spy and adventurer, believes he is more than capable of managing Her Serene Highness.

He's not prepared for her beauty, her youth, or the way that her sensual warmth shines through her cold facade.

And what started as just another mission is rapidly bec
Published December 1st 2007 by Harlequin (first published July 1st 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about The Dangerous Mr. Ryder (Those Scandalous Ravenhursts, #1)

Lourdes
I am recently coming back to reading historical fiction romance and did not want to get hooked into reading a series but happen to read the 3rd book, The Shocking Lord Standon, which was enough to pick my curiosity. The story of Jack and Eva really got me going and though it's a bit "too sexy" for my taste, I enjoyed it a lot. Now I'm really looking forward to read about the rest of Those Scandalous Ravenhursts - they are my kind of family!!!

After finishing this one and sleeping on it, I had to
Caro
Pretty good. 3 1/2 stars. I liked the characters and the story line. Another good Ravenhurst story. There was some suspense, a little action, steaminess, some humor, good dialog, frustrations and a good ending. Good enough to read again but not a go-to. Good for the snuggle in, cuddle up relaxing read. Enjoy
Harlequin Historical
Wonderful beginning to a new series!. I think it will be fun getting to know the Ravenhursts.

I enjoyed the journey that Grand Duchess Eva personally travels in The Dangerous Mr.Ryder. She learns what it truly means to be a woman rather than the Grand Duchess who is always watched for any mistake. She does not need to be strong at all times. She can be herself for the first time in years. Delightful to watch the character evolve.

As for Mr. Jack Ryder, he will easily capture your heart right alo
Annii
This book has a great deal in common with Anne Gracie's The Stolen Princess. Both are about a widowed princess/duchess with a son in danger from a plotting Evil Person who wants to steal the crown. I have to say, however, that I liked this one better. While their travelling across the French countryside becomes a little tedious after two hundred pages of it, Eva is an interesting character - she is not all haughtiness. Jack has a secret side as well, although it is not terribly well developed an ...more
Monique Takens
Ik heb dit boek in 1 dag uitgelezen ( tot half 2 in de nacht opgebleven ). Louise Allen weet de romantiek en spanning goed in balans te houden en de held en heldin in dit verhaal zijn moedig en sexy maar tegelijkertijd
"gewone" mensen . Weer een boek van deze schrijfster om te bewaren om later nog een keer te lezen .
Becky Black
Very enjoyable story, the first in a series (which I've totally read out of order, but never mind!) I liked both the hero and heroine and the story of their developing romance as Jack, gentleman spy, escorts Grand Duchess Eva to safety across hostile territory, was gripping and very sexy.
Linda Banche
A rip-roaring action-adventure story with a non-traditional heroine and a strong hero who respects women. And with so much love in the story, the love fairly drips off the pages. Great book: Follow on to "No Place for a Lady" author:Louise Allen Next up: "The Outrageous Lady Felsham"
Dancer
I normally love Louise Allen books, but she tries to pack too much into this one - from the Duchy to Grenoble to Wateloo - to exploding perfume factories to secrets vaults.
Cherish
This was the second book that drew me into reading historical romance genre, it is amazingly funny.
Emelie Johansson
Boken är en lätt smörig kärleksroman, men gillade de starka huvudkaraktärerna :)
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Sam Kyle
Sam Kyle marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
JR
JR marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Akasha Elfwitch
Akasha Elfwitch marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Malinda Thao
Malinda Thao marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Feb 07, 2015
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

This author also writes under the name Francesca Shaw.

I have had my nose buried in a history book - fact or fiction - for as long as I can remember, but even more important to me are the places and the objects that conjure up the past. My first attempt at historical fiction
More about Louise Allen...

Those Scandalous Ravenhursts (7 books)
  • No Place for a Lady (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #0.1)
  • The Outrageous Lady Felsham (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #2)
  • The Shocking Lord Standon (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #3)
  • The Disgraceful Mr. Ravenhurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #4)
  • The Notorious Mr Hurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #5)
  • The Piratical Miss Ravenhurst (Scandalous Ravenhursts, #6)
Virgin Slave, Barbarian King The Lord and the Wayward Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #1) Vicar's Daughter to Viscount's Lady (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #2) Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1) The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)