Start by marking “One Minute Manners One Minute Manners” as Want to Read:
One Minute Manners One Minute Manners

One Minute Manners One Minute Manners

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  6 reviews
What makes the difference between an ordinary professional and an extraordinary one? A mastery of business manners. That's why Ann Marie Sabath's pocket-sized guide to business etiquetteemergencies is indispensable for new hires and college graduates just starting out, as well as a valuable tool for career veterans looking to add finesse to their workplace repertoire.
Published February 13th 2007 by Broadway Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about One Minute Manners One Minute Manners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Minute Manners One Minute Manners

While a lot of the situations in this book will never apply to me since I won't be entertaining Japanese clients or eating my fromage in the socially acceptable order, the parts about following up with employers, introduce people without knowing their names and disengaging oneself from a bore are sure to come in handy.

This gets four stars just because each little lesson takes about twenty seconds to read. yay!
This is truly a no-frills business etiquette book, written by one of the pioneers of corporate etiquette training. Some of the situations covered are truly gasp-worthy, making me glad that, as much of a social oaf as I am, at least I never did *that*!
This book pretty much delivered exactly what I expected. There were some useful tidbits I took away from it (mostly items pertaining to office related etiquette and attending seminars, etc.), but since I do not do a lot of traveling for business or a lot of meeting with clients, those parts, while interesting, were not relevant to my needs. The book also contains a lot of common sense reminders regarding etiquette, which would certainly come in handy for people who need a refresher!

I will add t
I think this is great for a short read and quick tips. I believe some information is outdated and certainly a lot of it will not apply to my situations. However it was a decent book.
Quite a useful book for the workplace -- and for any large organization that includes people of different experiences and cultures (whether ethnic, religious or dress code). Worth reading and rereading. It would also be a great gift for anyone starting his or her work life.
Jason Hamilton
Be straight-forward, professional, and polite. That pretty much summarizes the book. Now putting it into practice is a different story..
Andrew Kowalczyk
Andrew Kowalczyk marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Nachimban marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Alicia White
Alicia White marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Shannyk marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Shan White
Shan White marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Sushil Kumar
Sushil Kumar marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Yue marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Amrit Kainth
Amrit Kainth marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Cristy Dunlap
Cristy Dunlap marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Hend Mohamed
Hend Mohamed marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
K'Lyn marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Tracey Hatlee
Tracey Hatlee marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013