No Quarter

No Quarter

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Robert Asprin, with Eric Del Carlo and Teresa Patterson, delves into the dark secrets of the New Orleans French Quarter in this suspenseful tale of murder and revenge, justice and unexpected courage.
Paperback, 1st edition, 288 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Darkstar Books (first published 2009)

Stu
This is one of the rare books that wouldn't let me sleep at night. The best New Orleans book I have ever read.
Deanna
Melanti
I won this through the Goodreads First Reads program.

I really like the setting of the book - a behind the scenes view of pre-Katrina French Quarter, New Orleans. It seems very much like a place that I would love to visit. And though I've never made it to New Orleans, everything matches what friends who lived in the city prior to Katrina have described to me.

I found the characters to be engaging and interesting. The chapters alternated between the two main character's view points. While occasiona...more
Georgiann Hennelly
The authors delve into New Orleans French Quarter in a suspenseful tale of haunted dreams, voodoo, ghosts, murder mysticism, revenge and unexpected courage. I found the characters to be interesting. In some ways the bar hopping reminded me of how friends have described Mardi Gras to me. I,ve never been to New Orleans . This book was a really fascinating read and very well written.
John Onoda
This crime novel’s strength is its setting: The French Quarter in New Orleans. Most of the action takes place in the cheap bars, restaurants and stores frequented by the waiters, waitresses, bartenders, dish washers, dancers, fortune tellers, musicians and hustlers who work through the night and sleep during the day. They live paycheck to paycheck, drink to excess, smoke heavily, indulge in drugs and don’t judge one another. They are not unfamiliar crime and violence.

Aspirin fills the novel with...more
Kate
*won from the publisher through goodreads first reads contest.
This is a murder mystery full of bar-hopping, drug sub-culture, the french quarter and voudon. Sounds like it would be gripping, gritty and realistic right? Sadly, it's not. I found this book to be boring. While I wanted to know what happened to Sunshine, I finished the book going..."oh, OK"-shrug-. Just not that well written. This book felt VERY disjointed, the characters just weren't that interesting, and I felt the true flavor of N...more
Sandy
I won a copy of this book from Goodreads first reads. NO Quarter is a murder mystery set in the Quarter of pre Katrina New Orleans . This book is written as chapters which alternate between the point of view of the two main characters Bones and Maestro. I found that reading the same bit of action from two points of views bogged down the story. However seeing the Quarter bar scene from the point of view of the residents rather than tourists was interesting.
Bryan
Jun 20, 2010 Bryan marked it as to-read
Shelves: firstreads, mystery
Won this in a First-Reads giveaway. Can't wait for it to arrive.
Robbie
Robbie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Kauphee
Kauphee marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Jeremy Murphree
Jeremy Murphree marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Gary Rudz
Gary Rudz marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Pete Miller
Pete Miller marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Nela
Nela marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Ric Croxton
Ric Croxton marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
May Engelhardt
May Engelhardt marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2013
Kay Rowland
Kay Rowland marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Buster
Buster marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
Alicia Van De kop
Alicia Van De kop marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Coen Dijkgraaf
Coen Dijkgraaf marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Robert Asprin's NO Quarter 2 10 Jun 18, 2010 04:30PM
Robert (Lynn) Asprin was born in 1946. While he wrote some stand alone novels such as Cold Cash War, Tambu and The Bug Wars and also the Duncan and Mallory Illustrated stories, Bob is best known for his series fantasy, such as the Myth Adventures of Aahz and Skeeve, the Phule’s Company novels and the Time Scout novels written with Linda Evans. He also edited the groundbreaking Thieves’ World antho...more
More about Robert Lynn Asprin...
Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1) Myth Conceptions (Myth Adventures, #2) Myth Directions (Myth Adventures, #3) Hit or Myth (Myth Adventures, #4) Phule's Company (Phule's Company, #1)