The Union (Forbidden, #3.5)

The Union (Forbidden #3.5)

2.76 of 5 stars 2.76  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Secret agent, sexy vampire and sorcerer Dell Renfield is asked to go undercover with his partner Alex Sanchez in order to stop an immortal serial killer. In order to catch their man Dell not only has to take Alex to his bed, he needs to mark her as his. But he won’t be able to do it alone. He’ll need the help of co-worker and guardian angel, Darius.
Published 2009 by All Romance eBooks LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Union, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Union

Angela W.
This book was way too short and the story sucked in the books defense I didn't read the first one
Deidre
I gave this 3 stars only after consideration. (I was going to give 2) Honestly...it is not great. It was rushed and poorly hobbled together even for a short story. There was no real sense of a story..not one that I understood anyways. I just felt lost and the writing felt disassociated within the characters..like there were just going through the motions with out any feeling.

On the other side I did not realize this was part of a series when I read it..so I am assuming that is why I was lost and...more
Madison
A unique and intriguing story of a vampire and an angel.
It's a Naughty little quickie and more.
Well written. Loved the characters and I wasn't left with any questions.
I look forward to reading more of Samantha's books.
Eri
I can't really find it in me to review, so instead I will list the problems I had with this story.

1. Too ambitious for 17 pages. The characters didn't have enough space to show personality, and the author didn't have enough space to introduce the reader to the world she wanted to show.

2. What little personality we have shows a possessive, controlling hero and a heroine who has trauma from... being controlled.

3. Half-vampires. Sorry, but really, has anyone EVER explained how this works? Unless yo...more
Miz Love
Forbidden: The Union is one of those delightful little tasters of longer works. I find these short pieces give me just enough to know whether I’d be likely to read the author again. I’m glad to say in this case I would. The snippet leads me to believe the world created by Samantha Sommersby is a damn good one, with mortals and immortals working together to solve crimes. I read enough to know that Dell and Alex are a well-suited pair and that the sex scenes in the book series are bound to be hot....more
Mara Ismine
3.5 stars. This wasn't really strong enough to stand alone - it was very close, but the ending left too much unexplained. Most of the way through there was a lot of background, but as soon as Darius joined Alex and Dell the explanations stopped and most of the action moved off-page. I suspect that this would be more enjoyable if you are already familiar with the Forbidden world.
Michelle (Purr More, Censor Less)
I haven't read any of the other books in this series yet and I was totally lost about what was happening and who was who in this very short story. It makes a lot of assumptions that the reader is familiar with this world and the characters in it. Maybe after I read the first book I'll have a better understanding and will try this one again.
Michelle Tempted By Books
Warning: This is an erotic novel. This is a very short story that apparently belongs in a series. As I have not read the series it was difficult for me to follow. I will give it credit for the sex scenes though, they were pretty good. Would suggest skipping it unless you are familiar with the previous books though.
Shannon
Maybe a 2 1/2 it was enjoyable but I'm not quite understanding this thing about the "bad guy" they are out to get. A big deal is kinda made about it but then it is completely skipped over.
N.L. Riviezzo
A little lacking overall probably because it is such a short story. The story line, the context and the ending were very disjointed. The concepts have potential though.
Adele
Sep 15, 2010 Adele rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Adele by: allromanceebooks.com
mmmm angel half vamp and a vamp. need i say more really. ending was a little bit crap though.
K.R.Caldwell
Awesome plot... perfect for the typical paranormal romance lover...would begreatas a full novel
Barks & Bites
Jun 21, 2010 Barks & Bites marked it as to-read
Shelves: e-book
Free download from AllRomanceEBooks.com .
Danielle MacLennan
I didnt get this story...it got alittle weird and confusing in the middle.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free on ARE
Ebookie
Ebookie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Janell
Janell marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Naughty Edition Reviews
Naughty Edition Reviews marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Nicola Murdochrundell
Nicola Murdochrundell marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Samantha Sommersby has been writing romance since 2001. She was first published in 2005 and has also written under the pen name Lara Williams. Her background in the medical and specifically the psychiatric field is apparent in her work and allows her to bring a unique perspective to characters and stories. Sam loves to spend the day in her office creating—spinning rich tales, and weaving together...more
More about Samantha Sommersby...
The Sacrifice (Forbidden, #1) The Ascension (Forbidden, #2) The Revolution (Forbidden, #3) The Temptation  (Forbidden #4) Forbidden: The Claim (Forbidden #1)