Start by marking “Highland Champion (Murray Family, #11)” as Want to Read:
Highland Champion (Murray Family, #11)

Highland Champion (Murray Family #11)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,281 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Bestselling Author Hannah Howell spins a masterful tale of glory, honor and passion in this sweeping adventure of a proud woman who refuses to believe in love--and the fiery Scotsman determined to change her mind... Liam Cameron is certain he's died and gone to heaven when he opens his eyes to the angel before him. But the pain that wracks his body proves he is still earth ...more
Published December 1st 2005 by ereads.com (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Champion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Champion

Cruth
"She was beautiful in a way that grew more evident the longer one looked at her." p.126, loc.1675

Author: Hannah Howell
First published: 2005
Length: 380 pages, 3458 locations
Setting: Scotland, 1475.
Paranormal: Light paranormal - Kiera has a healing touch. She can remove pain and "see" what's wrong.
Sex: explicit and more descriptive than previous books. First time post marriage.
Heroine: a (view spoiler) widow who's late husband was distant. After the BadGuy takes her keep and
Lelyana Taufik
Well, I'm in the mood of Highlanders...especially Liam Cameron...

Liam pikir dia sudah mati dan berada di surga , saat melihat wajah malaikat Kiera...untung nya dia belum mati karena rasa sakit di seluruh tubuh nya terbukti benar2 luar biasa sakitnya.
Di temukan di selamatkan Lady Kiera, janda Laird Duncan yang menyepi di biara, Liam justru merasa sangat beruntung di selamatkan Kiera yg healer dan agak2 paranormal, yang punya vision ,kalo dia akan menyelamatkan Liam.
Merawat Liam dengan sabar, ehm
Zel Polev
Gina
Book #2 of the series, and I'm hooked!

I adore the series. The characters seem completely real. You can't help but feel for Keira, and can't help by love Liam. Howell describes the surroundings so well that you feel like you're there, back in time, watching all of it unfold before you.

The action was great in all scenes, whether a fight or between Liam and Keira. Excellent novel, can't wait to get #3!
Mariah
I thought this book was verrae good. It held actions and secrets as well as hard-headed characters. Although Kiera is intelligent she happens to overthink things I believe she was a perfect match to our fearless warrior - just when I started thinking I needed to reach into the book and rap upon a couple of heads they have into their feelings with fiery passion. I would also like to make a note about Sigimor, he's terrifying with his strange behaviors and stealthy ways, never would I wish to get ...more
Elle
Liam, the jealousy inspiring lass-magnet from previous books in the series, is our hero here. He finds himself bedridden, having been beaten and left for dead by a gang of thugs who did not apparently have robbery on their minds. He wakes to the face of an angel, and is, of course, instantly fascinated.

Kiera Murray MacKail has problems of her own. Her husband, a sweet, but far too generous man, opened his home to a villain who promptly killed him, tried to rape Kiera, and now bleeds her husband
Kathrynn
Liam is a Cameron--one of Sigimor's ("Highland Conqueror") younger brothers. You can read these in any order. Don't even try to read these by publishing date because the author did not write these in sequential order. Her website doesn't put them in any order either; some are not included on her website at all (go figure?) She states they can all be read as stand alones. FYI

There are several other Cameron siblings/stories:

1. Highland Groom is with Ilsa (the only sister to all those Cameron bro
Melissa
I wasn't going to write a review for this book. I read it as a palate cleanser after reading something deeper and much more thought-provoking. After all, a romance novel doesn't require much thought, and I enjoy historical romances, but this was absolute crap.

I understand an author's desire, when writing anything historical, to want to be as accurate as possible, but to have all the dialogue in Highland Scots was distracting and unnecessary. If these people were as highborn as the author claims
Holly
I really liked this book. Liam is a bit of a player in the other books. He's the prettiest of all the Camerons and pretty free with his favors, something his cousin Sigimor teases him about mercilessly. I love how that came back to bite him as he tries to woo Keira. I love how sharp-tongued Keira is.

The intrigue is actually pretty interesting, though the villain seemed kind of two-dimensional.
Tami
My favorite of the whole series.!! I've loved Liam's character in the previous books as well. Kiera's character and Liam's were a perfect match in this story. I like that it takes Kiera so long to accept him. It's more realistic. I'd be a little hesitant too. The only thing that didn't make sense to me that This book and the next book, Highland Lover, took place at the same time and the girls are twins, but Kiera is 21 and Alana is 22..?? I don't get that. Oh, and... Kiera referred Elspeth as he ...more
K
Aug 02, 2012 K rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of scottish historical romance
Recommended to K by: fan of series
After taking a break from historical romance, I decided to return w/ the Murray family saga and start where I left off. Unfortunately, after such a long break between this book and the last, I forgot many of the characters and their connection to each other. Although the story can be read as a stand alone, it took me awhile to remember the characters and fully appreciate the references. Although I thought the story started slow, I ended up enjoying it and found it an easy, fun read overall. I re ...more
Christine Brand
Predictable but Good

For some this maybe predictable but I just really enjoy reading this series just for the simple reason of a fun and relaxing getaway period.
sheila hamblin
Another good book

I am in the process of collecting Hannah HOWELL books. Still can not wait for If He's Noble. And more of the Murray's.
Cherry-Ann
This book was a good read but not the "grabber" as other Howell's I've read. Loved Liam and Keira's story although the abrupt ending was a startler.
Sally Witt
Enjoyable story. I love historical Scottish tales.
Staci
A decent historical romance set in medieval Scotland. Both the hero and the heroine are a bit weaker than their counterparts in the following book, Highland Lover, but they're not annoyingly weak; the hero has been seriously injured when the novel starts and remains injured for a good portion of the novel while the heroine's weakness is explained by the fact that she can play the elegant lady a bit more than the heroine in Highland Lover. Both books are quite good.
Michelle
This has to be one of Howell's most wordy books out there. Not a whole lot of action goes on but there sure is a lot of tongue wagging. Not to mention Keira's most interesting healing ability that leaves her ravenous after using it. The only thing that really irritated me (besides the wordiness) was Keira's utter lack of trust in Liam. It really was wearing me thin. Not one of Howell's best, but not a bad read.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Liam is a gorgeous man who is well versed in the ways of a lover, and also problems that come of it. Keira is a widow who is hiding and healing from an evil man who has taken over her new home and is abusing her people. She helps Liam heal when he is beaten almost to death and both of them are strongly drawn to the other. Plans are made, a wedding takes place, and innocents are saved. Good read!!
Kat
I have a ton of Hannah Howell books, but I've only read a couple of them. Luckily, I have immensely enjoyed the ones I have read, so I know the others will be a treat. I thought Liam was a fantastic hero - just something about him I really liked. And it was a great romance between Keira and Liam. Nothing groundbreaking here. Just a good, entertaining historical romance.

Lindy
Pretty good. Maybe more like 3 1/2 stars. It kept my interest (which is good, because not all books do lately), but I got tired of Keira doubting Liam time & again, and after the battle to regain Ardgleann I was surprised there was so much of the book left. It did tie up loose ends and it made sense to continue, but it kind of threw the timing off for me.
Petula
More sexy highlanders from Hannah Howell. This time our hero has been beaten almost to death as punishment for something he hasn't done. Our heroine a young widow who is hiding from the man who killed her husband. She healed him so now he will help her get her home back.
Ambre
Why bother to write historical anything if you are not going to make the slightest effort at accuracy? Also, this book steals so much from Diana Gabaldon it isn't even funny. Unfortunately that book was placed 300 years later.
April Smithson
This was the first Howell book I read. Outstanding leading lady in Keira with a beautiful discription of the scottish highlands. It has all the Howell adventure glory honor and passion all wrapped up in one!!
Sherry
This was a good romance if you can believe the paranormal of "healing". It just gets so tiring for me when the heroine never trusts the hero who has never given her reason not to trust him.
Jill
Keira Murray, granddaughter of Balfour and Maldie, saves Liam Cameron's life. In return he vows to become her protector and rid her lands of the evil that settled there.
Diana
Keira finds and saves a grievously injured Liam, who then decides to help her oust the cruel warrior who has usurped her keep.

Cool ideas, a little bit supernatural.
TJ
Ahhh, FINALLY a book in the Murray Family series where the man actually declares his love before the woman, that alone is worth the four stars!
Mum
This story is one of my favorites of hers. I like the characters, and although the plot is standard, it's nice to know that it still works.
Bridget
The least well written in the series so far. Hope nothing is worse. Just trite formula writing. LIttle imagination.
  • A Taste Of Fire
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • Taming the Highland Bride (Devil of the Highlands, #2)
  • Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #3)
  • Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #4)
  • To Wed A Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #2)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Highland Hero (Scottish Knights Trilogy, #2)
  • Highlander in Disguise (Lockhart Family #2)
  • One Snowy Knight (The Dragons of Challon #3)
  • To Catch a Highlander (MacLean Curse, #3)
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...
Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1) The Eternal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires #1) My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3) Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) (MacEnroys, #1) Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)