Start by marking “Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, #2)

Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  3,602 ratings  ·  122 reviews
The USA Today bestselling author of High Stakes returns to Vegas, where falling for a vampire isn't such a long shot. Politics make strange coffinfellows... Vampire Seamus Fox is supposed to be the campaign manager for a Vampire Nation presidential candidate. Instead, he finds himself running around Vegas keeping tabs on the candidate's wife and female entourage. Seamus ha ...more
ebook
Published February 19th 2007 by Berkley Books (first published December 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bit the Jackpot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bit the Jackpot

Gemma
This was just a nive fluffy read. Nothing to taxing or angsty about it.

I've given it 4 stars for this reason, but the charachters aren't memorable, though I did really like Cara. She was usch walking contradiction but I loved her for it. The fact that she was a stripper who was still a virgin was a contradiction, but I liked the fact that though this charcter was in tune with her sexuality she didn't feel the need to express it by sleeping around.

Seamus learned to not judge a book by its cover,
Amanda
I liked this book more than the first one. Cara was such an interesting charcater and I enjoyed Sameus' battle with himself over her love. A fast-paced story filled with murder attempts and lots of hot sex, I enjoyed it immensely. The only shadow was the character of Kelsey. A mild annoyance in the first book she was a huge annoyance in this one. I did not understand her at all, nor her attraction to a man who is undoubetly a really bad seed. But other than that this book is a delightful read.
Christyn
Bit the Jackpot wasn't quite what I was expecting. For one, Seamus doesn't do much "running around Vegas keeping tabs on the candidate's wife and female entourage" as is described in the summary (it may have been a little more interesting if that had happened). The book wasn't really "stand out" but it was still likable enough, nice, light and mindless reading.

I liked Cara Kim. She is a walking contradiction - she is naturally sensual, but at times painfully shy, she's reasonable and controll
Jessica
well i really dont have much to say about this one thats different from the last one. The plot is exactly the same theres no real drama to make the story very interesting. The characters are different but not necessarily in a good way. The heroine is a virgin stripper (kind of a cute idea i guess) and while shes sweet she does this awkward thing where she goes from seductress to shy in like 2 seconds and it just doesnt work very well. I liked her well enough but we really dont get to see much of ...more
Tasha
This one was a little disappointing after reading 'Heiress for Heir,' which was the first book I've read from this author. Since I really enjoyed that one, I had high hopes for 'Bit the Jackpot,' but it fell short. It was too much going on with side stories and not entirely enough focus on Seamus and Cara. But when they did focus on them, they had some pretty steamy scenes.
Diana
Ethan's re-election campaign manager, Seamus, is repressed and uptight. When he meets stripper Cara Kim, however, all restraint goes out the window, especially when she's placed in danger because of him.

The characters in this book are a lot more relatable than the first one. Cara and Seamus are great and the sparks fly.
The Flooze
Hilarious. I laughed through the whole book. Compared with the first of the series, Bit the Jackpot was a vast improvement. McCarthy has hit her stride with Cara and Seamus, with great comedy and a lot of passion, mixed with more action. Cara is likable and Seamus is one hot Irishman. Bring on the next story!
Raina
Loved this!! I am new to this series. This is the first one I have read so far and I can hardly wait to read the rest. It is a quick easy read - VERY steamy with loads of excitement and on going action! Lots of fun!!
Heather
Another fun and sexy book! It wasn't AS good as the first, but I still REALLY liked it! Not much else to say except I read it in 2 days, it's just fun, exciting and did I mention SEXY!? lol
Summer
Cute story, but nothing gripping or fantastic. Female lead was likable, male lead was pretty hot, but other than that and a half-entertaining cast, the story was nothing to get excited over.
Sabine
Es sind nur wenige Wochen vergangen seit dem Ende von Band 1 um Ethan und Alexis. Diesmal geht es um Seamus, dem Wahlkampfleiter und guten Freund von Ethan.

Seamus ist auf der Suche nach Informationen über Brittanys Vater und ist dabei zusammen mit Kelsey in einem Stripclub gelandet, in dem die Tante von Alexis und Brittany arbeitet. Doch statt Jodi Madsen, entdeckt Seamus eine Tänzerin, die ihn derart fesselt, dass er zum ersten Mal seit 200 Jahren wieder Interesse an einer Frau findet. Doch Car
Jody
Another great addition to the Vegas Vampires series! I picked up the first book in the series pretty much because the bright cover drew me in, and because I’m always on the lookout for a good vampire series. I wasn’t sure what to expect since ‘pretty cover’ is really no guarantee of a good book! But, after finishing and enjoying High Stakes, I was eager to read Bit the Jackpot, the second installment in the series.

We get a slightly different focus this time as the story centers around Seamus (wh
Amy
Angie
Back in Sin City, Bit the Jackpot now focuses on Seamus Fox, Ethan's campaign manager. He's still working on his assigned task of finding out who the president's sister-in-law's vampire father is. Along the way he also tries to end his 200 year celibacy streak. Unfortunately, the woman who gets his blood pumping happens to be a virgin (and a stripper!) with no immediately plans on losing her virtue. And on top of that, he gets her killed and has to change her into a bloodsucking creature of the ...more
Anita
This is the second book in a light, silly, funny vampire romance series. I never thought I would read it, because I didn't love the first one, but it was practically free at a Borders closing, so I got it. This one was funnier than the first one. I actually laughed out loud a few times. I liked it quite a bit. Not quite 4-star worthy, but close. 3.5, to be fair.

In this one, Seamus Fox, the political campaign manager vampire, falls hard for a virgin stripper studying to be a vet, but almost immed
Sarah's Book Blog
This is a must read! After reading and really liking High Stakes byErin McCarthy I went right on to the second installment.
Bit the Jackpotis about Seamus Fox a campaign manager for the Vampire Nation President and Cara Kim, a Vegas stripper who also happens to be a virgin. They meet after Seamus goes into a strip club looking for someone else and doesn't expect to see a beautiful dancer behind a screen. She was the best dancer he has ever seen and it was the first woman to catch his eye is almo
Kathy Davie
Second in the Vegas Vampires paranormal romance series.

The Story
While trying to discover Brittany's dad's name, Seamus falls in lust with a luscious stripper, Cara Kim, except that it's so definitely the wrong time and the wrong place. Wannabe assassins are waiting on Seamus and Kelsey in the alley. The same alley that Cara steps out into. That she attempts to flee from only to be killed by an SUV pulling into the alley.

Seamus is too soft-hearted to simply leave Cara to her death; instead, he br
Steph
Bit the Jackpot was a laugh a minute! The 2nd book in the Vegas Vampires series focuses on Seamus' story. He's Ethan's campaign manager and long-time friend. He's avoided sex & relationships for hundreds of years b/c how the last one ended, but while in a strip club he's drawn to Cara and the way she dances on stage. He's all excited about a rare and much needed romp with her, but after she's seen a bit too much he realizes he cannot get into her mind. He takes her to the hotel in hopes that ...more
Aurian Booklover
This book continues right where the previous one ended, so I do recommend you read this series in order.
Seamus is trying to find out who Brittany’s vampire father is. As Alexis and Brittany’s mother died a few years ago, he can’t ask her, but they do have an aunt who used to be a stripper as well, and who know works choreography in a strip club. And so, accompanied by Kelsey, who doesn’t want to leave him for 5 minutes ever since he brought her back to undead life, he sets out to enjoy the show
Stephanie
Being the second book in a series of three, I expected it to continue with the same story line as the first, with Brittany's story this time. Instead it was a refreshing break with a complete veer on a side road, but it lead to a great story. Seamus hasn't had sex in over 200 years but for some reason a woman dancing nude erotica behind a screen in shadow has peaked his interest like no other in that whole time. He had to see her. But when he did things didn't go as planned and he eventually wou ...more
Melliane
Cette fois ci on ne parle plus de l'histoire du point de vue d'Ethan et d'Alexia, mais de Seamus et d'une jeune femme stripteaseuse qu'il rencontre lors de ses recherches sur le père de Britany : Cara. Malgré cela, on retrouve tout de même tout au long de l'histoire les personnages du premier tome et on voit ainsi ce qu'ils deviennent.

Il était assez drôle de voir Seamus si confiant, renfermé et autoritaire se changer du tout au tout au contact de Cara. Cette dernière ne veut en aucune manière pr
Dragana
*** 2½ stars ***

After reading High Stakes, I had high hopes for this series - that with a little bit better character development, next parts could even sneak into my favorites list. Unfortunately it all went downward in second book.

You all probably remember Seamus Fox from first part. That grumpy guy who is so concerned with propriety? I was looking forward to read more about Seamus. I like it when up uptight characters get loose. Well his personality suddenly had a 180-turn in this book. In fa
Kathy
Stephanie Bolen
I still hate the vampires have no reflection, just silly. Drug blood was interesting. Better than the first one, but still not great. The resolution of the climax was a yawn. Oh big bad villain, oh everyone is in danger, bam hit the bad guy in the face and that's it it's over.
I wanted a light read and this definitely fit the bill. As I read the story, I realized I may have never read the book before. So how did it end up in the "already read" box? A mystery to be solved on another day.

After reading Dark Secret, this book was a welcome relief. Still about vampires but it's in a lighthearted way. Oddly enough, it tied in with today's inauguration of Obama in that Ethan is running to be the president of the vampire nation and his campaign manager is falling in love.

All
Rebecca (Bec)
I have had this book on my shelf since Christmas and I read it ona whim as an "in between series" read. It was FANTASTIC coz it made me LAUGH!!

word of advice when reading this though, so you get the most out of it. It is not a full on serious type book like the BDB or Anita Blake, so do not compare it to them! It is a very light, funny vampire romance without all the hoo har.

I think one it was about half way through when i was laughing my heart out picturing a 400 year old vampire picking up dog
Elizabeth
I read it mainly because I'm curious about the popularity of vampire books. This book did nothing to make me want to read many more - mainly because blood does not turn me on. Not sure I understand the appeal. Other than that - fun romance - spunky heroine who doesn't let the leading man coddle her. My disappointment is that it had been framed in terms of a political campaign - so naturally I thought that vampire politics would play an even more dominant role in the story.

And if you are not fam
Cindy
This part of the series I hadn’t read before. This book actually takes a bit of a distance from the other books in this series. It happens in the same place, Las Vegas. The persons from the other books, do come back in this book, but this book is more about Seamus and Cara. The book is easy to read and it is modern written.

Seamus meets Cara en he discovers he can’t manipulate her thoughts. Unfortunately she dies that evening because of him and he decides to turn her into a vampire. She has to ge
Lesli
Erin McCarthy always impresses me with her funny, quirky stories. This is book two. Still funny enough to make me laugh out loud.
K.R.Caldwell
For some reason I didn't like this one as much as the first one. The heroine could have used a little more heroics. Cara was very predictable, but still a good story overall. I wish she was introduced in the first book, because it felt like she just infultrated the circle of already established characters in the first chapter. It was like "Here I am, take me or leave me". We didn't get a chance to really meet Cara until halfway through the book. I just wish there was a little slower of an introd ...more
  • Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2)
  • Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2)
  • Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart, #2)
  • Out of the Light, Into the Shadows (Includes: Vegas Vampires, #6 & #7)
  • Real Vampires Get Lucky (Glory St. Clair, #3)
  • Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2)
  • Romancing the Dead (Garnet Lacey, #3)
  • Dead and Loving It (Wyndham Werewolf, #5; Undead, #4.5)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #2.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Even Vampires Get the Blues (Dark Ones, #4)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...
Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) High Stakes (Vegas Vampires, #1) True (True Believers, #1) Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3)

“Seamus: "I was wondering if you would like to go get some coffee"
Cara: "Well that depends ... do you like to take long walks?"
Seamus: "Yes"
Cara: "Do you like sex?"
Seamus: "Yeees"
Cara: "Then take a f***ing hike and leave me the hell alone.”
31 likes
“Can I get you anything? A drink? A fresh change of clothes? A membership card to Hypocrites International?” 4 likes