Start by marking “Too Hot to Hold” as Want to Read:
Too Hot to Hold

Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy #2)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,013 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
HE’S AN ELITE NAVY SEAL LIVING A RISKY DOUBLE LIFE.
SHE’S THE GORGEOUS REPORTER HOT ON HIS TRAIL.

Published January 5th 2010 by Dell (first published November 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Too Hot to Hold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Hot to Hold

Shawna
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

Elite Special Forces soldier Nick Devane is hiding from secrets of a traumatic past that have led him to trust no one except his adopted father and brothers. The pain and isolation of his childhood have resulted in a toughened demeanor and an aversion to touch that contribute fine to his skills as a select military operative, but aren’t so great for long-term relationships.

Kaylee Smith is an undercover reporter who’s trying to use her investigative skills to get answe
Pamela(AllHoney)
Ok, I made it through this one. The second book in the Hold Trilogy by Stephanie Tyler. I liked it slightly more than the first but still wasn't that great for me. I'm not a fan of excessive profanity but Ms. Tyler certainly is. There was no sexual tension as the characters scratched their itches before any tension could build. Something was still missing. I have the 3rd in the series and I'm not sure I want to continue.
Wendy
Fantastic story, that had me glued to my Kindle! Not only did I like the main characters in Nick and Kaylee, but this book also had great background stories about the others. Non-stop action and lots of hot and heavy lovin'! Loved it!

Stephanie Tyler is a great story-teller which has definitely made me a fan of hers and this series!

My Nick.

Photobucket
Larissa Ione
Dec 01, 2009 Larissa Ione rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yeah, okay...disclaimer: Stephanie Tyler is my friend. And she's also my writing partner with the Sydney Croft books.

But she wouldn't be my writing partner if I didn't love her writing. :)

That said, I really, really love her new SEAL series. Stephanie writes amazing heroes who are alpha, but not jerks. Oh, they have their moments, but when it comes down to it, they are protectors and lovers at heart.

Nick, the hero of Too Hot To Hold, is my favorite of the three brothers (though it really is a cl
Mareli
Jan 15, 2016 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much much better than the previous one, this book was packed with action, I got to meet my favourite couple Sarah and Clutch and the main couple from the first book was far from action ;)

The story is very good. Kaylee Smith is a journalist and she keeps getting those call from her husband. But that husband should be dead, he was declared MIA and then declared dead. Instead he's calling her, asking her to go to Africa and give him some of his money.

Kaylee decides to go and Nick Devane goes with h
Darcy
Jul 20, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These 3 brothers and their stories have totally sucked me in. This time around we focused on Nick and I finally got to know the secrets in his background that drove me nuts in the last book. We also learned more about Clutch and the craziness in Africa.

While all of these guys seem to battle demons from their past, Nick's seem especially horrific. When you really learn what those demons are you have to question if people are really that horrible to those that are flesh and blood. It also makes me
fleurette
When I have been reading the first book in the series, I completely fell in love with all the brothers but especially with Nick. I was really waiting for his story, he was such an interesting hero. I have some really high expectations and this is probably a reason I am slightly disappointed.

I somehow thought that Nick and his story would be more fascinating. I am not sure which way... maybe I expected he will be more tortured or just darker. Whatever, I became a bit disenchanted with what I get
Judi
This is the second book in Stephanie Tyler's Navy Seals series about 3 brothers.

Too Hot To Hold is Nick's story......I think?

I was looking forward to this book after reading Hard To Hold. Nick's story seemed liked it was going to be very interesting after he appeared in book 1. In fact one of the things that appealed to me about this series was the relationship and camaraderie between the three brothers. I just wish there had been more of it.

This book was supposed to be Nick’s story as I stated
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Journalist & widow of missing & presumed-dead military man asks Navy-SEAL Hero for help in finding her supposedly deceased husband who just phoned her. They give in to their instant attraction right away but Hero makes clear that he's not into emotional commitment while heroine doesn't divulge her journalist ID.

I'm not sure if this is how Tyler typically writes but it wasn't heavy on emotions. The writing & dialogue was very matter-of-fact & emotionally dry. I didn't connect wit
Michelle
Jun 08, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read.

I really enjoyed this part of the trilogy, mainly because it's when we really start to get to know Chris and there is just something I love about that guy!
LaFleurBleue
I found this book even worse than the previous. There was so little depth in the main characters relationship that not only there was a secondary love story that had already started in the previous book but even the third brother had to take a huge part of the screen and start there (almost from the beginning of the book) his own love story. The suspense was ok but the way it was solved left me hanging.
I still have some hopes that the third and last book might have something more.
However I'm hig
Colleen
Definitely better than the first one. Nick & Kaylee's relationship felt more real than Jake and Isabelle's. There were still some parts of the book that you had to suspend reality to get through (yeah, I really want to have hot and sweaty sex in the middle of an African jungle - on the ground nevertheless!) Other than that, I enjoyed it! On to Chris's story - Hold On Tight.
Daphne
Dec 26, 2015 Daphne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second trilogy featuring Nick as the lead for this story. Nick Devane have a complicated childhood in which he has abandoned due to certain reasons and it was predictable on who he was as the story goes. Nick, a child who falls sick so often since his childhood wasn't taken care much which made him has the tendency to avoid caring for others apart for his brothers, Jake and Chris.

Kaylee Smith, a journalist who gotten a call from her ex-husband who went AWOL and had seemingly be dead. This p
Anne OK
Jan 06, 2010 Anne OK rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-reads
Just closed the cover on this book -- WOW!!! Nick is beyond hero material. This book kept me on the edge of my chair and guessing who was going to make it through and who wasn't. Kaylee, the female lead, was a great match for Nick and their relationship bloomed as the story progressed. The fact that all three brothers, along with their dad, are in each book just adds to the rich storyline. Now I'm ready for Book 3 -- "Hold On Tight"!
Pattianne
Jan 20, 2014 Pattianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TO0 HOT TO HOLD - HOLD TRILOGY #2 - (Nick and Kaylee)

HE’S AN ELITE NAVY SEAL LIVING A RISKY DOUBLE LIFE.
SHE’S THE GORGEOUS REPORTER HOT ON HIS TRAIL.

3 3/4 stars

This is the second book in a series about 3 adopted brothers who are Navy SEALs. This book revolves around Nick Devane. He is the second adopted son of Kenny and Maggie Waldron. Like Jake in the first book, he has a secret from his past that he wants to keep in his past. Kaylee Smith enters Nick's life with more of his past and he can't deny her the help she requests. He doesn't know why, but he is drawn to her and wants more from her than any other woman in his past.

While I felt the
May Mostly Romance
Oct 08, 2012 May Mostly Romance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Natasja
Apr 23, 2010 Natasja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick Devane was adopted by the Waldron’s when he was 14 years old. Nick has been neglected by his biological family and started to rebel, so the Waldron’s found a way to get him away and start a new life with them. Just like his adopted siblings Chris and Jake, he’s part of the Navy Seal team, he lives for danger and of course beautiful women.

Kaylee Smith was raised by her grandmother after he mother abandoned her. She works as a reporter under a pseudonym and is known to find the truth no matte
Mary Kennedy
Jul 02, 2010 Mary Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recently I caught up with Stephanie Tyler and asked her about her exciting new romantic suspense trilogy.

I loved HARD TO HOLD and I noticed t was dedicated to your grandfather, who served in the United States Navy. Did you always plan on writing a trilogy featuring Navy Seals? Was this a sort of tribute to him?

The military / SEAL thing came from a couple of different places. When my daughter was born, she had a lot of medical problems and ended up in the hospital for a long time. My husband sai
Aug 26, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick Devane ist einer der drei Seal Brüder um den es in diesen Büchern überhaupt geht. Es stammt aus einer reichen und politisch einflussreichen Familie, die ihn nicht haben wollte, und so kam es zusammen mit Jack in die Familie von Chris, Kenny und Maggie. Nick selbst ist kein einfacher Zeitgenosse, denn er tut immer nur das was er will und ist dabei gleichermaßen arrogant und selbstgerecht. Allerdings reicht er nicht an Jacks Sturkopf heran und so wird eine junge Journalistin scheinbar zu sein ...more
Sara
I really like the hero and heroine of this book.... both of them together were an amazing combination. The thing that I didn't like is how they always talked about their relationship in the strangest places. They'd be hiding out and all of a sudden talk about their future. & I mean, really?? is that the right time to talk about all that?
The secondary story about Sarah and Clutch from the previous book gets resolved and we finally get to find out what happens with GOST and it's operatives.
We
Rjsmommy
Oct 16, 2011 Rjsmommy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the second of the Hold Trilogy, Nick finds his match in the guise of a deceased savior's ex-wife who also happens to be a newspaper writer whose pet project is finding out what really happened to Cotter Winfield (aka Nick). Wow, a whole lotta of connections/ coincidences but they didn't bother me at all. As Nick's adoptive father likes to say (paraphrase), everyone you meet plays a part in your life sooner or later you just have to wait to see if its for good or bad. Kaylee has a rough past o ...more
Beth
Aug 24, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stephanie-tyler
Nick Devane’s life is one big classified secret. Until Kaylee Smith busts his covert world wide open, threatening to blow his cover. Digging around where she doesn’t belong could get them both killed…especially when the beautiful journalist uncovers top secret information that could set off a global disaster if it falls into the wrong hands. Nick can’t let that happen, even if he has to battle deadly mercenaries and an irresistible attraction that is all consuming.…

Kaylee didn’t expect her searc
IkeaGoddess
Dec 22, 2014 IkeaGoddess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the series and I would recommend reading the first one before this. The characters are more understandable than in the first book. There is also a lot more suspense. However I only give it 4 stars, because there is just too much happening with the not one, not two, but three couples of this book.
Becky Wyrick
Feb 27, 2016 Becky Wyrick rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This book was much better than the first book. The plot seemed to move at a steady pace and it did not jump all over the place. I loved that the secondary couple seemed to get their happily ever after.
Nick and Kaylee were fantastic. They had great chemistry and was great to see their walls crumble and fall into each other's arms.
Shannon
Jun 06, 2014 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: seal-spec-ops
I liked Nick. He intrigued me. A sickly kid grows up to be a SeAL. I would have liked more details about his early illnesses. Why was he trached? Was there a medical reason he wasn't held? Kaylee was a great match for him.
Aug 02, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I was more prepared for the violence so I enjoyed this book much more than the first. (I forgot to write the review for this immediately after reading so my review is lacking in detail)
Cynthia
Feb 02, 2010 Cynthia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: navy-seals, romance
An enjoyable tale in the second of the trilogy of Stephanie Tyler's Navy Seal Series, but not as good as the first, "Hard to Hold". The story centers around Nick Devane, Navy Seal, and Kaylee Smith (aka K. Darcy), investigative reporter. Kaylee asks Nick to help find her "dead" husband, whom she received a phone call from. Kaylee knows what she wants and how to get it, but I was a bit disappointed with the development of Nick. It was good to see that Ms. Tyler brought back Clutch and Sarah from ...more
Laura DeSimone
Dec 13, 2014 Laura DeSimone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stephanie-tyler
I enjoyed this second book in the series. This story was Nick and Kaylee's story. Nick has been hiding his past and who he really is. Kaylee has asked Nick for help when her supposed dead husband Aaron is calling and asking her to come to Africa. When Nick agrees to help Kaylee he also discovers that Kaylee is a report that goes by the name K Darcy. Together they will try to discover the truth and keep a few secrets hidden.
E.
Feb 07, 2012 E. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
3 1/2 stars. Kaylee Smith is using her skills as an investigative reporter to search for information regarding her ex-husband's death. She forces her way into Nick Devane's life, despite the fact that he is part of a very covert Special Ops group. A mystery surrounding a special group known as GOST leads the two of them on a trip to Africa where human life is sold cheaply and Kaylee's continued search may result in death for her and those that she has involved in her quest. Her ex-husband's form ...more
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops, #5)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Code of Honor (Special Operations, #1)
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
New York Times Bestselling author Stephanie Tyler writes what she loves to read - romantic suspense novels starring military heroes and paranormal romance novels novels starring warrior heroes, all complete with happy endings. She also writes as SE Jakes.

And because she's not busy enough, she also co-writes as Sydney Croft. She lives in New York with her husband, her kids and her crazy Weimaraner,
More about Stephanie Tyler...

Hold Trilogy (4 books)
  • Hard to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #1)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Holding On