Problem at Pollensa Bay (Hercule Poirot #40)

Problem at Pollensa Bay (Hercule Poirot #40)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  1,057 ratings  ·  32 reviews
The Love Detectives - Harley Quin
Next To A Dog - Romance
Magnolia Blossom - Romance
Hardcover
Published August 1st 2011 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1985)

Mārcis
Agatas Kristi detektīvromānos galvenais personāžs ir Herkuls Puaro. Tieši šajā viņas grāmatā ar nosaukumu „Problēma Polensas līcī” ir ne tikai stāstīts par šo problēmu, bet arī par vairākiem citiem notikumiem. Gandrīz visos stāstos Herkulu Puaro atrisināt visas mīklas pamudina viņa ziņkārība. Tā kā viņš dzīvo Francijā, tad arī visi notikumi risinās tur.
Kā jau minēju, šajā stāstu grāmatā ir dažādi stāsti ar dažādiem notikumiem, taču tiem ir kopīgas iezīmes. Piemēram, viena no tām ir tāda, ka H...more
Damaskcat
This is a collection of short stories including some featuring Hercule Poirot, a Parker Pyne story and some Mr Satterthwaite and Harley Quinn stories as well as a couple which don’t feature any of the author’s regular detectives. I particularly enjoyed the Harley Quinn stories as they always have that extra dimension as well as being mysteries.

I particularly enjoyed the last story in the collection ‘Magnolia Blossom’ which caused me to reach for the tissues. It certainly shows human nature in t...more
February Four
Some of these stories are far ramblier than others (the one with Mr Satterwaite comes immediately to mind.) However, I did like Problem at Pollensa Bay and Yellow Iris. Some of the stories aren't actually mysteries, but I suppose coming to the end of the series (with Poirot in only one story, and even then a story I've already read before) I should get used to Mr. Parker Pyne and a whole lot of other people I've never met before. (Why on earth is this book in the Hercule Poirot series? For that...more
Ravie
I have never been a fan of Agatha Christie's short stories. This book is not an exception either. The stories are wide ranging but are kind of weird and pointless ( especially Next To A Dog and Magnolia Blossom). I enjoyed the 2 Poirot short stories (The Second Gong and The Yellow Iris) and The Harlequin Tea Set. Average at best.
Kirsty
Agatha Christie's short fiction is very different to her novels. I'm not sure if she was just experimenting, but some of these stories are very weird. The book is worth a read because, as the stories span decades of her career, they provide an interesting overview of her changing style.
Ahmad
The Love Detectives - Harley Quin
Next To A Dog - Romance
Magnolia Blossom - Romanc
Michelle
My first meeting with Mr Satterwaite and Harley Quin. I must say it was quite a supernatural and weird meeting.
Meredith
This is a collection of short stories as follows:

Problem at Pollensa Bay (Parker Pyne)
The Second Gong (Hercule Poirot)
Yellow Iris (Hercule Poirot)
The Harlequin Tea Set (Mr Satterthwaite and Harley Quin)
The Regatta Mystery (Parker Pyne)
The Love Detectives (Mr Satterthwaite and Harley Quin)
Next to a Dog
Magnolia Blossom

Though I enjoyed it, a few of the stories were mere re-runs or formulas. The two Parker Pynes present nothing new or interesting. Yellow Iris is the same plot as Sparkling Cyanide, a...more
Bookworm007
Amor
Quizás no sea justa con la puntuación que le he dado, pero me sigo confirmando en que las antologías e historias cortas no son lo mío: me siento estafada, me parece que me falta chicha, ya que en su inmensa mayoría se precipita el desenlace.
En este caso nos encontramos con 9 historias protagonizadas por los personajes emblemáticos de la señora Christie, siendo los mejores relatos los protagonizados por Poirot, a la sazón el de los tres el que más me ha gustado siempre y los peores los de Parker...more
Julie
I enjoyed about half of these short stories. The ones with Parker Pyme and Poirot were, as always, entertaining. However, the last two stories in the collection were not mysteries. They were simply short stories, perhaps they could be classified as romances, and one of them was quite depressing. So really, four out of the collection were good.
Estefânia Botelho
Mais um policial excelente da rainha do crime!
É um livro com diferentes contos, cada um com um determinado investigador. Temos assim: Hercule Poirot, Mr. Quin, Parker Pyne, entre outros. Ficou a faltar a inigualável Miss Marple!
É interessante ver como os diferentes detectives actuam para descortinar um determinado crime ou delito, as suas formas de pensar e agir.
Sempre com um toque de humor e também de realismo, Agatha Christie consegue, mais uma vez, despertar o interesse pelo crime como mais n...more
Tali
Another short story collection from Christie, but this one includes a lot of stories that have been included in previous collections I've read. Of the five new stories in this collection I enjoyed the two Satterthwaite and Quin stories the best although I did find it interesting to read Yellow Iris, the short story that Christie later edited and expanded to become Sparkling Cyanide. The latter two stories in the collection were not mysteries so much as human stories and I have to confess that Ne...more
Lbaker
Eight Agatha Christie short stories, some old favourites, some new to me. The only thing missing was that neither Tommy and Tuppence nor Miss Marple were included. However, Mr Satterthwaite and his mysterious friend Mr. Harley Quin make two appearances, and Mr. Parker Pyne is featured in two, as is everyones beloved H. Poirot.

Stories that I had never seen before are Next to a Dog and Magnolia Blossom. These two stories are more about human nature and do not have a need for a person to come in an...more
owl
Uhhh...
sejak buku-buku Miss Marple mendarat ditangankuh (dapet minjem dan lupa sejak kapan), buku ini yang pertama kali dibaca.

kesannya sih satu kata: menyebalkan!. sebagian kecil tebakanku salah (=D =D). "Kok bisa gitu sih?", Alurnya agak mudah ditebak tapi akhirnya-mun kata orang sunda mah- meuleug!.

Bukunya gak akan Kureview sih, ini baru awalan dari buku-buku Miss Marple yang sudah kubaca. Berikutnya, akan aku beberkan hasil analisis dari pembacaan buku-buku mbak Agatha Christie ini.
Anna Serra i Vidal
I read one short story a day, and then for no reason I stopped and forgot about it. And all of a sudden I remembered about it and read the rest of it in one day.
Agatha Christie is no big surprise for me. I read it and reread it while I was a child because it was the only section of the "adult" library I was aloud to go unsupervised. And I took every chance to check them out and read and reread.
It's a pleasure sometimes, to revisit ones childhood.
Mervi
The stories explore the sombre side of life and are perhaps showing what the author thought about relationships she had experienced.. I enjoyed this selection of short stories because it is such an eclectic mixture of tales, illustrating the versatile talent of Christie's writing. I would recommend this book both to newcomers to her writing and an unexpected welcome to those familiar with her work.
Isnaini Nuri
Sebagian besar, ehmm bukan,,,keseluruhan cerita dalam buku ini berhubungan dengan masalah percintaan meskipun unsur misteri dan psikologi tetap masih ada...but it's rather out of my expectation,,
Stephen Coleman
An enjoyable read. Having read some novels with these characters it was good to be re-connected.

Ancie
Excellent read. The characters r well-thought out n memorable for the right reasons.
Had a nice time reading it.
Julie_ian_curtis
includes The Harlequin Tea Set which is also included in 'While the Light Lasts'
Jannah Meredith
A great collection of short stories by Miss Christie. Really enjoying them, again.
Shivam
not as good as christie's other works, still it has strokes of a genius.
Ainu Athifah
I love all the stories in this book. it's really interesting I think
Dignan107
An average collection of one of my favourite authors.
Janet
Collection of short stories, rather than a novel
Siddhartha
Very boring. Only two stories are appreciable.
Nuning Indani
  • Agatha Christie: A Biography
  • Who Killed Roger Ackroyd?: The Mystery Behind the Agatha Christie Mystery
  • Agatha Christie
  • The Floating Admiral
  • The Listening Eye (Miss Silver, #28)
  • Arsène Lupin in 813 (Arsène Lupin, #4)
  • Agatha Christie
  • Death of a Fool (Roderick Alleyn, #19)
  • More Work for the Undertaker (Albert Campion Mystery #13)
  • Duchess of Death: The Unauthorized Biography of Agatha Christie
  • Death Of A Hollow Man (Chief Inspector Barnaby, #2)
  • Sherlock Holmes and the King's Evil: And Other New Tales Featuring the World's Greatest Detective (Sherlock Holmes, #5)

Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller was born in Torquay, Devon, England, U.K., as the youngest of three. The Millers had two other children: Margaret Frary Miller (1879–1950), called Madge, who was eleven years Agatha's senior, and Louis Montant Miller (1880...more
More about Agatha Christie...
And Then There Were None Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #17)