Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)” as Want to Read:
Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)

Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9 (20th Century Boys #9)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  802 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This is the story of a gang of boys who try to save the world! As boys, Kenji and his friends came up with a bunch of stories about an evil organization bent on world destruction. As adults, someone is now turning their fantasies into reality!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style). This is the story of a gang of boys who try to save the world! As boys, Kenji and his friends came up
Published June 15th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published June 29th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9

Anthony Chavez
Things really begin to pickup with the reveal of "The New Book of Prophesy," we aren't sure who wrote it or where it came from but Mon-Chan stumbled upon a few pages of it and we find out some startling things that are prophesied to unfold. I can see many readers becoming frustrated by this point with this "New Book," meaning the story will probably get dragged out even longer and we still don't know who "Friend" is, but I see it as an opportunity to get to know the characters more and more dram ...more
Oliver
Das Attentat-Finale. Atemberaubend erzählt, meisterhafter Umgang mit Erzälzeit und Rhythmus zur Spannungssteigerung.
Jamil
The previous volume was a momentum killer for me, focusing too much on a side character that I cared nothing about. I'm sick of the persistence of the "Who is the Friend?" revelation tease. So much so that I've had these next four volumes sitting on my shelf for months, unread. This volume at least seems to get back on a forward moving path. No more Nikki & Paolo moves, Urasawa. Wrap this sh-t up!
Joy
Mikael Kuoppala
"Rabbit Nobokov" starts off by continuing the story of Kyoko, whose brainwashing we got to witness in "Kenji's Song". Now free, Kyoko doesn't remember the process fully, but the revelation of who the mystical "Friend" who secretly controls the totalitarian future Japan she lives in is just about to surface. The Friend cult is after her, intent upon completing her programming, so she turns to our current lead protagonist Kanna for help.

The main bulk of this volume centers around Kanna and her pla
Norman Cook
Kanna comes up with a crazy method for recruiting an army to help her bring down the Friend. Will she succeed or will the prophesy be fulfilled? And will Kyoko be able to withstand the rigors of the virtual bonus round? The mysteries just pile one on top of another.
Danielle
ARGH CLIFFHANGER! This is the first time since starting this series that I've run up against the 'no available next volume' anguish. Next vol's on order at the library, hasn't arrived yet. Woe! I love Otcho, gotta say. The Kienji-flashbacks just make me really anxious to find out what happened to him all those years ago. And Kanna manages to pull off some more crazy stunts, (think Pippi Longstocking meets Firestarter?). The culmination of the 'Bonus Level' storyline in Friend Land is appropriate ...more
Alexander Case
Man, Naoki Urasawa keeps finding new shoes to drop on the reader. I feel safe saying that he writes suspense fiction on par with any big-name writer of suspense fiction on the New York Times Best-Seller List.
Dave
A big showdown, a bizarre card game called Rabbit Nabokov (rules here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/37127...) and a new book of prophecy, which sounds like a way for Urasaw to drag the story out even longer.

The last few chapters develop a little slowly, but the story is still intriguing, as characters from the pre-Friends past return. Urasawa is a bit too fond of keeping certain things that the characters see from the reader, but the art and the sheer fun of the proceedings definitely make t
Dony Grayman
Noveno tomo, edición española. Biblioteca Pachinco.
Nia
Kata-kata bijak from Kenji :
"Kalau kita berjuang dengan sungguh-sungguh, pasti bisa meruntuhkan sesuatu."

Hal ini dilakukan oleh Kanna yang mewarisi bakat ayah kandungnya, yaitu dapat mempengaruhi orang banyak untuk mendukung gerakannya....
Bermula dari casino tempat Kanna main rabbit nabokov dna Kanna mendapatkan kemenangan yang sangat besar. Hasil kemenangannya ia bagikan ke semua orang diantaranya mafia dan kaum gelandangan. Dengan maksud untuk mendapatkan dukungan melawan 'Sahabat'...
Fredrik Strömberg
Urusawa keeps delivering and upping the ante in this long-running suspense laden story. At volume three I wondered how he would manage to keep going and keep the suspense up, but he very obviously has a plan, and I'm happy to be part of this trip.

The new focus on Kana is a welcome change, as a female main character feels more interesting in this otherwise male centered story and genre for that matter.
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Matt Griffiths
Matt Griffiths marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Sam Saidely
Sam Saidely is currently reading it
Mar 11, 2015
Jill Delong
Jill Delong marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
  • Mushishi, Volume 3
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Tropic of The Sea
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture 9 (Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, #9)
  • Akira, Vol. 4 (Akira, #4)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)
Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1) PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1) 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2) PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003 (Pluto, #3)