Start by marking “Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9: Rabbit Nabokov (20th Century Boys, #9)” as Want to Read:

Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9: Rabbit Nabokov (20th Century Boys #9)

4.44  ·  Rating Details ·  1,113 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
This is the story of a gang of boys who try to save the world! As boys, Kenji and his friends came up with a bunch of stories about an evil organization bent on world destruction. As adults, someone is now turning their fantasies into reality!

Published June 15th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published June 29th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naoki Urasawa's 20th Century Boys, Volume 9

Anthony Chavez
Aug 05, 2012 Anthony Chavez rated it it was amazing
Things really begin to pickup with the reveal of "The New Book of Prophesy," we aren't sure who wrote it or where it came from but Mon-Chan stumbled upon a few pages of it and we find out some startling things that are prophesied to unfold. I can see many readers becoming frustrated by this point with this "New Book," meaning the story will probably get dragged out even longer and we still don't know who "Friend" is, but I see it as an opportunity to get to know the characters more and more dram ...more
Oliver
Aug 19, 2014 Oliver rated it it was amazing
Das Attentat-Finale. Atemberaubend erzählt, meisterhafter Umgang mit Erzälzeit und Rhythmus zur Spannungssteigerung.
Jelly
Oct 18, 2016 Jelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fiction
Wow, haven't read something this good for a while *_*
Jamil
Feb 13, 2011 Jamil rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, manga, urasawa
The previous volume was a momentum killer for me, focusing too much on a side character that I cared nothing about. I'm sick of the persistence of the "Who is the Friend?" revelation tease. So much so that I've had these next four volumes sitting on my shelf for months, unread. This volume at least seems to get back on a forward moving path. No more Nikki & Paolo moves, Urasawa. Wrap this sh-t up!
Joy
Jan 01, 2011 Joy rated it it was amazing
Francisco Silva
Jan 09, 2017 Francisco Silva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
El alzamiento de un nuevo salvador y un nuevo 'Libro de las profecías' parecen marcar y ampliar el eje temático de la obra; pasando desde un crisol mucho más político-que es la extensión en la que se maneja el poder de Tomodachi- hacia una tendencia más religiosa, que si bien ya era tratada en los volúmenes que comprendían el año 1997 (con jóvenes que seguían al antagonista(mesías) de la serie como un escuadrón suicida ) en estos capítulos se busca por medio de una figura religiosa de poder, com ...more
Mikael Kuoppala
Jun 08, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it
"Rabbit Nobokov" starts off by continuing the story of Kyoko, whose brainwashing we got to witness in "Kenji's Song". Now free, Kyoko doesn't remember the process fully, but the revelation of who the mystical "Friend" who secretly controls the totalitarian future Japan she lives in is just about to surface. The Friend cult is after her, intent upon completing her programming, so she turns to our current lead protagonist Kanna for help.

The main bulk of this volume centers around Kanna and her pla
Danielle
Jan 20, 2015 Danielle rated it it was amazing
ARGH CLIFFHANGER! This is the first time since starting this series that I've run up against the 'no available next volume' anguish. Next vol's on order at the library, hasn't arrived yet. Woe! I love Otcho, gotta say. The Kienji-flashbacks just make me really anxious to find out what happened to him all those years ago. And Kanna manages to pull off some more crazy stunts, (think Pippi Longstocking meets Firestarter?). The culmination of the 'Bonus Level' storyline in Friend Land is appropriate ...more
Jesus Flores
Nov 06, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
20 century 9

So first part is the girl on the virtual reality to see Amigo, in the end she sees him and does not die, yet what she sees she can’t tell us. Mmm, guess they had to keep the mystery.
Second part Kana decides that since there is this cop trying to kill her and friend, she needs to step up the game, she goes to bet on a casino, and manages to make the china and thai mafia meet her at a church where she tells them that Amigo plans to kill the pope and use it as excuse to kill them all. O
Brad
Apr 13, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, sci-fi, mystery
Okay. Kanna is freakin' awesome. She's a deux ex machina running around as a main character, and what's more, she's got style.

I know the book of the new prophesy is kinda necessary here, and it is being used well, but really... I gotta say, "Eh? Please." Good for plot, good for complications, but it is kinda stretching my credulity. Not like the 50 meter tall robot did that, of course. What does it say about me that I can accept the more outrageous story ideas over the slightly plausible ones?

P
Dave
Jul 31, 2012 Dave rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
A big showdown, a bizarre card game called Rabbit Nabokov (rules here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/37127...) and a new book of prophecy, which sounds like a way for Urasaw to drag the story out even longer.

The last few chapters develop a little slowly, but the story is still intriguing, as characters from the pre-Friends past return. Urasawa is a bit too fond of keeping certain things that the characters see from the reader, but the art and the sheer fun of the proceedings definitely make t
Fredrik Strömberg
Feb 09, 2014 Fredrik Strömberg rated it really liked it
Urusawa keeps delivering and upping the ante in this long-running suspense laden story. At volume three I wondered how he would manage to keep going and keep the suspense up, but he very obviously has a plan, and I'm happy to be part of this trip.

The new focus on Kana is a welcome change, as a female main character feels more interesting in this otherwise male centered story and genre for that matter.
Nia
Jan 28, 2009 Nia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sold, komik, urasawa-naoki
Kata-kata bijak from Kenji :
"Kalau kita berjuang dengan sungguh-sungguh, pasti bisa meruntuhkan sesuatu."

Hal ini dilakukan oleh Kanna yang mewarisi bakat ayah kandungnya, yaitu dapat mempengaruhi orang banyak untuk mendukung gerakannya....
Bermula dari casino tempat Kanna main rabbit nabokov dna Kanna mendapatkan kemenangan yang sangat besar. Hasil kemenangannya ia bagikan ke semua orang diantaranya mafia dan kaum gelandangan. Dengan maksud untuk mendapatkan dukungan melawan 'Sahabat'...
নাজমুল হাসান
Now the mystery keeps piling up one after another. The new book of prophecy and who wrote that? There's a hint of the return of Kanna's mother. She might bring with her either heaven or hell. What does that mean? Is she really related to "Friend"? Will they be ever able to outwit the mastermind schemer "Friend"?
Norman Cook
Jan 28, 2015 Norman Cook rated it it was amazing
Kanna comes up with a crazy method for recruiting an army to help her bring down the Friend. Will she succeed or will the prophesy be fulfilled? And will Kyoko be able to withstand the rigors of the virtual bonus round? The mysteries just pile one on top of another.
Alexander Case
Dec 10, 2014 Alexander Case rated it it was amazing
Man, Naoki Urasawa keeps finding new shoes to drop on the reader. I feel safe saying that he writes suspense fiction on par with any big-name writer of suspense fiction on the New York Times Best-Seller List.
Laurelyn Anne
Apr 14, 2016 Laurelyn Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
The plot gets increasingly intricate. I'm enjoying Kyoko's story, some might argue the pointlessness of her inclusion but I enjoyed more insight into this dystopia.
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Jade Lejeck
Jade Lejeck rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2016
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Jason Quigley
Jason Quigley rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2013
Narendra Jussien
Narendra Jussien rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Grignr
Grignr rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Bryan Williams
Bryan Williams rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Esope
Esope rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2013
Borja
Borja rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Mademoiselle
Mademoiselle rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
Ceduart
Ceduart rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Alberto Martín de Hijas
Alberto Martín de Hijas rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Planetes, Volume 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Liar Game, Volume 2 (Liar Game, #2)
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 5 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #5)
  • Blame!, Vol. 9
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)