Start by marking “Celebrating Jesus in the Biblical Feasts: Discovering Their Significance to You as a Christian” as Want to Read:

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Weaving the Scarlet Thread From the Feasts of Israel to Jesus! This intriguing and biblically sound book clearly shows the significance of each Feast of the Lordâ”and how they all point to Jesus. Dr. Richard Booker depicts the unity found in Godâs unfolding purposes for His people, be they Jew or Gentile, from the new birth found in Passover and the Crucifixion, all the wa ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Destiny Image Incorporated (first published February 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Celebrating Jesus in the Biblical Feasts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celebrating Jesus in the Biblical Feasts

Lee Harmon
Jan 26, 2011 Lee Harmon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s impossible to recognize all the nuances of the New Testament writings without understanding the Jewish feasts. Consider especially the Gospel of John: It goes from one Biblical feast to the next with barely a let-up. This is one of John’s primary literary devices, where the festival celebrations provide a meaningful backdrop for Jesus’ lessons. Let me give you an example from Booker’s book, in his coverage of the Feast of Tabernacles:

As part of the ritual proceeding, a certain priest would
Angela Platt
Jun 10, 2015 Angela Platt rated it it was amazing
An excellent, intuitive book which discusses the major Old Testament feasts acccording to their historical backgrounds, and draws out the principles within them that point to and are fulfilled by Christ in the New Covenant. This book is truly one-of-its kind; when searching for resources on the connection between Old Covenant feasts and Jesus, this was the only quality published resource I could find (at the time) which did just that. I highly recommend this book which will illuminate understand ...more
Brian Williams
Mar 08, 2013 Brian Williams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The seven feasts of the Lord are so gloriously-prophetic as expounded in this book (see Leviticus 23 of the Bible for all seven feasts). When Jesus came the first time to pay the price for our sins, He prophetically fulfilled all of the four spring feasts on the actual day that Jews historically celebrate the spring feasts. It's pretty safe to assume that he'll fulfill the remaining three fall feasts at His second coming on the actual day that Jews have historically celebrated the fall feasts. I ...more
Chris Duryee
Dec 15, 2014 Chris Duryee rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific book. I've been studying some Jewish culture and wanted to know more about the Biblical feasts because Christianity is so anchored in Jewish heritage. This book really helped me understand the background and application for today. We as Christians need to remember that an understanding of ancient Jewish history can really help us understand the God we love better and our Messiah. Yeshua was Jewish after all and spoke to Jews in terms they would understand.

We have started celeb
Lorna
Apr 03, 2014 Lorna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Interesting book. I've read about the Feasts in the Old Testament and knew somewhat how they connected to the New Testament - but this book further explains how Jesus fulfilled the feasts.
Lila
Dec 15, 2014 Lila rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
We studied this is a small group from church. It was very enlightening and well received.
Joe Harlan
Unfortunatley it took me 7 months to finish this book. The reasoning is because it was started as a Sunday school lesson but was abandoned when the teacher moved on to something else. It was all quite interesting but as I came into the class after this was started I missed some things. Still, I did go back and read what I missed. This was all completely new to me. The thing I got out of it most was how closely we should embrace our Jewish friends and their traditions. These feasts are the roots ...more
Kirk Metzger,
Jul 21, 2014 Kirk Metzger, rated it really liked it
I liked learning about the history of the feasts and the rabbinical traditions that go into them; however, only a few of the things he tried to tie together with Jesus seemed far-fetched.
Linda
Jul 19, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye opener

Eye opener

This book filled in a lot of gaps,and explained things in a way that I can't begin to express. I recommend this book as required reading for anyone who's seeking knowledge on the Jewish roots of Christianity.
Mugsymkelly
Apr 05, 2010 Mugsymkelly is currently reading it
I am really enjoying this book I picked up a long time ago but just decided to start reading this Passover season. It talks about the biblical feasts still celebrated by Jews from a Christian perspective. The author seems to have done his homework in historical terms.
Lara
May 06, 2014 Lara rated it it was amazing
So much information that shows just how perfect God's timing. It shows how the whole old testament points to The coming of the Messiah, Jesus Christ.
Staci
Feb 06, 2011 Staci rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Christians
Why Christians are supposed to celebrate the Biblical Feasts & how they all point to Yeshua, the Messiah!
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
R.
R. marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Christopher Goins
Christopher Goins marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
John Peterson
John Peterson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
skw
skw marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Laura Scoggins
Laura Scoggins marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Jessica Johnnson
Jessica Johnnson marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Emilu
Emilu marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Jeremy Repp
Jeremy Repp rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Carol A. Hall
Carol A. Hall marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Connie Backus-yoder
Connie Backus-yoder marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Melissa Kendall
Melissa Kendall marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Sergio
Sergio rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Brenda Anderson
Brenda Anderson marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Sue Chapman
Sue Chapman rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015