Start by marking “Making Vision Stick” as Want to Read:
Making Vision Stick

Making Vision Stick

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  339 ratings  ·  36 reviews
With Making Vision Stick, you'll learn how to propel you and your organization forward on the vision God has granted you.
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Making Vision Stick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Vision Stick

Chris French
Whether you’re a minister or CEO of a large company you have a vision for where you want your congregation/business to be. We’ve all thought about how to make our places more successful and drafted the proposals full of awesome ideas to make it happen…then we watched it go down in flames on occasion. Andy Stanley gives us some principles that will help our vision stick.

First of all we need to understand that our vision won’t stick without our constant care and attention. We do that by making ou
Vision leaks: “vision doesn't stick without constant care and attention” (12). Insightful and concise, Stanley offers five practices that give life and staying power to an organization's vision: state vision simply, cast vision convincingly, repeat vision regularly, celebrate vision systematically, and embrace vision personally. In closing, Stanley outlines a few immensely helpful indicators that vision is leaking. A must read for all leaders - A
Kevin Eikenberry
Andy Stanley is an author and the founding senior pastor of a large church in Atlanta. He speaks about leadership from personal experience which is perhaps the most striking part of this book.

Making Vision Stick by Andy StanleyIn this great book, Andy talks about the ultra important topic of vision. As a leader you must be able to see a vision and define it. But, more than that, this small and short book talks about how to get that vision held, remembered and used in any organization.

Tricia Miller
Excellent read! Encapsulates important ideas that can make such a practical difference in the life of the church. Not only does Andy set forth basic principles, but much of his excellent leadership is "caught" between the lines in this little book!
Steven Bullmer
Best little book on where do you go with the vision God has given you. The five "adhesives" of vision: 1) State the vision simply. 2) Cast the vision convincingly. 3) Repeat the vision regularly. 4) Celebrate the vision systematically. 5) Embrace the vision personally. And then, just in case you think this is easy, his last chapter is how vigilant Stanley has to be to stay true to his own vision!
This book is short and sweet. Unlike many, many, many, many, many books, this one doesn't belabor the point in an effort to turn a simple idea into a 250-page endeavor. Stanley makes his points, and then the book ends (without wasting too much paper or too much of the readers' time)—which is refreshing.

It also challenged me to do a better job of casting vision (a concise, relevant, and effective vision) for those I'm called to lead. Everyone in leadership should at least consider reading this b
Tt Rd
Jul 19, 2015 Tt Rd rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tt by: Ci Mer and Ci Nonon
Simple but true. Very practical and make me look again through myself.
Tony Rogers jr
First off, I'll say that if you've read Andy's classic book Visioneering, then technically you have all the information presented here in chapters 7 & 8 of that book.
What makes this book good is that:
1. You can read it in 30mins
2. It's a great summary of all the key components for communicating vision covered in Andy's Visioneering book.
3. It's really small and therefore portable and easy to pass out to your staff or leadership team.

Great little book. Highly recommend it. (but NOT in place
A must read for anyone in ministry. Helped us to focus on what we are actually wanting to accomplish and to set goals based on that premise.
Joe Farage Jr
very good book about passing vision on and keeping your organization on track with the original vision.
Jeanette Glazewski
This is a very fast read. In fact I actually just listened to it while doing my walk. The message is clear and powerful. As with anything done by Andy Stanley you can feel his passion within the book. Do I agree with all the content? No, but it is a great start for anyone struggling with trying to get their vision out into the world. Whether you are a church person or a nonchurch person. If you want help with your vision, this would be the read for you.
Corey Tabor
Making Vision Stick is classic Andy Stanley . . . simple, easy to understand and most possible to implement. I love his style to provide principals that can be applied by people in various stages of ministry. Thankful for his ministry in my life. He is a mentor from a far.
As always, Andy Stanley does a great job of making real wisdom and experience seem simple and accessible. A great read full of practical and ready-to-use advice.

And not to make too much of the book, but the last three pages were literally an answer to some recent prayers. God is really something!
Jerry Fultz
I've been reading this book as part of the executive coaching program I'm involved in. It's very practical and easy to digest. There are several takeaways that are helpful in my visioning process. I'd recommend reading it in tandem with Andy Stanley's "Visioneering."
Though I disagree with the concept of treating the church as a business, I appreciated the fact that the author didn't seek to make his personal practice the principle he taught; his suggestions provided much food for thought and led to interesting insights.
Marcus Lynn
A short, 73 page book worth $10?! Yes, if you're an organizational leader struggling with or in need of evaluating your organization's Vision. Happy I read it...but now I've got a lot more work to do!

Ryan Fisher
Andy Stanley is my hero. But seriously, this guy is one of the most gifted communicators ever. Everything he says is so crisp and precise. It's impressive, in addition to being amazingly insightful and accurate.
Good basic read about vision and vision casting. No fluff, just the principles and a couple of great illustrations. The basic nature of it made it really easy to apply to my own situation.
Michael Newton
I read this book and really enjoyed it! It was probably a two hour read had a lot of good helpful insight in making a vision statement and how to constantly point back to it.
James Bauslaugh
Great and short book that clearly states a practical way to "make vision stick." Great read for any leader responsible for communicating the vision to/for their organization!
This is a book that i will re-read over and over. It can be read in less than an hour (even for slow readers like me) and the information in it is excellent.
Kenny Conley
This book is now going on my "to read every year" shelf. In fact, I might try to read it every month this year. Quick read, but loaded with great insight!
This is a great, and quick, read for any leader. Concisely stated are some very practical thoughts for vision "sticking" read it!
John Kubisky
This was a good reminder of how to enforce the vision or goal of your organization. Very simple but effective practices to adhere to.
Dec 08, 2008 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: church leaders
Shelves: personal-library
Short, pithy book on casting & reinforcing vision for church leaders - it reads like a really great conference talk from Andy Stanley.
Quick, simple read... one that will be revisited at least yearly to renew the vision of our ministry. Highly recommended.
B Dittrich
Simple concepts that can easily be put into action. SO glad I read this before our next annual vision-casting meeting!
Todd Brown
Simple read on making vision sink in with those you lead. Great for ministry or business.
Fantastic, must read for all leaders. Simple and quick, but powerful.
Maura Jones
Short, sweet, to the point, and still great advice!
  • Church Unique: How Missional Leaders Cast Vision, Capture Culture, and Create Movement
  • The Lost Art of Disciple Making
  • Sticky Teams: Keeping Your Leadership Team and Staff on the Same Page
  • Creative Bible Teaching
  • Axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs
  • Lost and Found: The Younger Unchurched and the Churches that Reach Them
  • It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It
  • Fusion: Turning First-Time Guests into Fully-Engaged Members of Your Church
  • For the Love of God: Volume Two: A Daily Companion for Discovering the Riches of God's Word: 2
  • On Church Leadership
  • The Monkey and the Fish: Liquid Leadership for a Third-Culture Church
  • A Failure of Nerve: Leadership in the Age of the Quick Fix
  • Move: What 1,000 Churches Reveal about Spiritual Growth
  • Finding Faithful Elders and Deacons
Andy Stanley is the senior pastor of North Point Community Church, Buckhead Church, and Browns Bridge Community Church. He also founded North Point Ministries, which is a worldwide Christian organization.
More about Andy Stanley...
Communicating for a Change: Seven Keys to Irresistible Communication Deep & Wide: Creating Churches Unchurched People Love to Attend Visioneering: God's Blueprint for Developing and Maintaining Personal Vision Next Generation Leader: 5 Essentials for Those Who Will Shape the Future The Principle of the Path: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be