Start by marking “Making Vision Stick” as Want to Read:
Making Vision Stick

Making Vision Stick

With Making Vision Stick, you'll learn how to propel you and your organization forward on the vision God has granted you.
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Making Vision Stick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Vision Stick

Brett
Jan 28, 2010 Brett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
Vision leaks: “vision doesn't stick without constant care and attention” (12). Insightful and concise, Stanley offers five practices that give life and staying power to an organization's vision: state vision simply, cast vision convincingly, repeat vision regularly, celebrate vision systematically, and embrace vision personally. In closing, Stanley outlines a few immensely helpful indicators that vision is leaking. A must read for all leaders - A
Valerie Wiggins
Feb 02, 2016 Valerie Wiggins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good concise book. If you need to understand how and why to make vision stick, this is your go to!
Chris French
Jul 31, 2014 Chris French rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
Whether you’re a minister or CEO of a large company you have a vision for where you want your congregation/business to be. We’ve all thought about how to make our places more successful and drafted the proposals full of awesome ideas to make it happen…then we watched it go down in flames on occasion. Andy Stanley gives us some principles that will help our vision stick.

First of all we need to understand that our vision won’t stick without our constant care and attention. We do that by making ou
Tommy Kiedis
Feb 09, 2017 Tommy Kiedis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
Andy Stanley's Making Vision Stick is a clear, concise guide to effectively communicating one's vision. If you've heard the talk, it helps to have the written format. Excellent.
Tyler
Jul 23, 2012 Tyler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is short and sweet. Unlike many, many, many, many, many books, this one doesn't belabor the point in an effort to turn a simple idea into a 250-page endeavor. Stanley makes his points, and then the book ends (without wasting too much paper or too much of the readers' time)—which is refreshing.

It also challenged me to do a better job of casting vision (a concise, relevant, and effective vision) for those I'm called to lead. Everyone in leadership should at least consider reading this b
Kevin Eikenberry
Andy Stanley is an author and the founding senior pastor of a large church in Atlanta. He speaks about leadership from personal experience which is perhaps the most striking part of this book.

Making Vision Stick by Andy StanleyIn this great book, Andy talks about the ultra important topic of vision. As a leader you must be able to see a vision and define it. But, more than that, this small and short book talks about how to get that vision held, remembered and used in any organization.

Tony Jr.
Nov 22, 2013 Tony Jr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
First off, I'll say that if you've read Andy's classic book Visioneering, then technically you have all the information presented here in chapters 7 & 8 of that book.
What makes this book good is that:
1. You can read it in 30mins
2. It's a great summary of all the key components for communicating vision covered in Andy's Visioneering book.
3. It's really small and therefore portable and easy to pass out to your staff or leadership team.

Great little book. Highly recommend it. (but NOT in place
Donna Kling
I saw Andy Stanely speak and he is an excellent leadership speaker. I was hoping to feel that same energy from this book written by him, but I was disappointed. I listened to the audio version so perhaps the less than energetic reader had something to do with it, but it just wasn't the same.

That being said the information the book contains offers practical steps and insight on what it takes to motivate people to follow your vision.
Andy Littleton
Jan 06, 2016 Andy Littleton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I'm not a big organization kind of guy, and therefore the people in my circles aren't typically reading Andy Stanley, I find a lot of wisdom in his leadership principles. This book encapsulates a number of his principles in a quick and easy read that I've now read twice, and plan to revisit. If you lead in any capacity, I recommend the book as well as his podcasts. You can easily adapt his principles to any context.
Jeanette Glazewski
This is a very fast read. In fact I actually just listened to it while doing my walk. The message is clear and powerful. As with anything done by Andy Stanley you can feel his passion within the book. Do I agree with all the content? No, but it is a great start for anyone struggling with trying to get their vision out into the world. Whether you are a church person or a nonchurch person. If you want help with your vision, this would be the read for you.
Mark
Jan 21, 2012 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, Andy Stanley does a great job of making real wisdom and experience seem simple and accessible. A great read full of practical and ready-to-use advice.

And not to make too much of the book, but the last three pages were literally an answer to some recent prayers. God is really something!
Steven Bullmer
Mar 19, 2015 Steven Bullmer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best little book on where do you go with the vision God has given you. The five "adhesives" of vision: 1) State the vision simply. 2) Cast the vision convincingly. 3) Repeat the vision regularly. 4) Celebrate the vision systematically. 5) Embrace the vision personally. And then, just in case you think this is easy, his last chapter is how vigilant Stanley has to be to stay true to his own vision!
Apr 21, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Though I disagree with the concept of treating the church as a business, I appreciated the fact that the author didn't seek to make his personal practice the principle he taught; his suggestions provided much food for thought and led to interesting insights.
Jerry Fultz
Dec 26, 2011 Jerry Fultz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading this book as part of the executive coaching program I'm involved in. It's very practical and easy to digest. There are several takeaways that are helpful in my visioning process. I'd recommend reading it in tandem with Andy Stanley's "Visioneering."
Ryan Fisher
Aug 09, 2011 Ryan Fisher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andy Stanley is my hero. But seriously, this guy is one of the most gifted communicators ever. Everything he says is so crisp and precise. It's impressive, in addition to being amazingly insightful and accurate.
Tricia Miller
Jul 18, 2015 Tricia Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read! Encapsulates important ideas that can make such a practical difference in the life of the church. Not only does Andy set forth basic principles, but much of his excellent leadership is "caught" between the lines in this little book!
Marcus Lynn
A short, 73 page book worth $10?! Yes, if you're an organizational leader struggling with or in need of evaluating your organization's Vision. Happy I read it...but now I've got a lot more work to do!

Corey Tabor
Jan 02, 2014 Corey Tabor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Making Vision Stick is classic Andy Stanley . . . simple, easy to understand and most possible to implement. I love his style to provide principals that can be applied by people in various stages of ministry. Thankful for his ministry in my life. He is a mentor from a far.
Dewayne Hawkins
Quick vision boost!

Very solid read. This is something to implement swiftly. It's about immediate movement and impact. I'd put this in the hands of my leadership...for all spheres of life.
James Coker
Mar 13, 2016 James Coker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good quick read on vision. Andy Stanley does a great job laying out the basic objectives of creating and implementing a vision. He also shares a few stories to reiterate his points that will challenge you to tell your own stories.
Mike Sr.
May 07, 2016 Mike Sr. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Challenging and Clear

Well written and clear challenge to develop a vision that will stick and then to make it happen. The author follows his own advice by having easy to remember points and putting it in an hour-long format. Read it more than once. You won't regret it.
Jeremy
Jul 01, 2008 Jeremy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that i will re-read over and over. It can be read in less than an hour (even for slow readers like me) and the information in it is excellent.
James Bauslaugh
Mar 15, 2013 James Bauslaugh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great and short book that clearly states a practical way to "make vision stick." Great read for any leader responsible for communicating the vision to/for their organization!
Theresia Ratnadevi
Jul 19, 2015 Theresia Ratnadevi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Theresia by: Ci Mer and Ci Nonon
Simple but true. Very practical and make me look again through myself.
Aaron Root
Apr 14, 2016 Aaron Root rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Concise and helpful, for this non-fan of books about leadership and vision!
John Kubisky
Apr 12, 2013 John Kubisky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good reminder of how to enforce the vision or goal of your organization. Very simple but effective practices to adhere to.
Chris Goins
Feb 02, 2016 Chris Goins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very practical, yet inspiring!

A great read for anyone who needs to create and share a memorable vision!
Jeremy
Apr 18, 2012 Jeremy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great, and quick, read for any leader. Concisely stated are some very practical thoughts for vision "sticking"...so read it!
Joe Farage
Jul 01, 2014 Joe Farage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good book about passing vision on and keeping your organization on track with the original vision.
Jacob Wiebe
Jan 24, 2013 Jacob Wiebe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book ever about VISION!
  • It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It
  • Church Unique: How Missional Leaders Cast Vision, Capture Culture, and Create Movement
  • The Lost Art of Disciple Making
  • A Failure of Nerve: Leadership in the Age of the Quick Fix
  • On Church Leadership
  • Move: What 1,000 Churches Reveal about Spiritual Growth
  • Leaders Who Last
  • For the Love of God: Volume One: A Daily Companion for Discovering the Riches of God's Word
  • The 4:8 Principle: The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life
  • Business Secrets from the Bible: Spiritual Success Strategies for Financial Abundance
  • The Catalyst Leader: 8 Essentials for Becoming a Change Maker
  • Breakout Churches: Discover How to Make the Leap
  • Christ-Centered Preaching: Redeeming the Expository Sermon
Andy Stanley is the senior pastor of North Point Community Church, Buckhead Church, and Browns Bridge Community Church. He also founded North Point Ministries, which is a worldwide Christian organization.
More about Andy Stanley...