Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair

Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Ella Kazoo would rather do anything than brush her hair, especially when she could be skipping in the rain and dancing in the sunshine instead. As her hair grows from bad to worse, soon it’s out of control! Something must be done to tame her wild locks, and although it’s no easy task, Ella and her mother find a solution that makes them both happy. Riotously demonstrating t...more
Published January 5th 2010 by Walker Childrens (first published January 1st 2006)

Talayeh
this is a very good funny children's book it's funny silly i really like this book
Heidi
You can't imagine how much I like this book unless you had unruly, messy, tangly-strangly hair as a child and you were in extreme PAIN every time it was brushed. If only I could have said "No!" Then again, I like to see the progression of what happens when the hair isn't brushed. And the resolution was rather fun, too. So glad it wasn't mine, though! I love my hair too much for that! I am also happy to say that I have been brush-free for over 5 years now. How? Oh. I've learned the secrets.

6/25/1...more
Miri
I was kind of suspicious about this book as soon as I saw—after reading the title—that the girl on the cover had curly hair. My suspicions were confirmed when I read it. In the first place, little girls with curly hair shouldn't brush it, so that's probably the mom's fault in the first place for trying to force her. And I was not at all amused to see that Ella's friends—who are all neat and tidy, wearing princess dresses and looking at Ella's messy hair with disgust—of course they have straight...more
Julie Grasso
We just love this book. The rhyme is so entertaining and the illustrations are vibrant. A great read aloud, we would recommend for ages 3-6. My almost three year old asks for this over and over and we never deny it as we all enjoy this book.
Emma
Mar 28, 2014 Emma marked it as to-read
Weird - my copy is illustrated by the wonderful Cathy Wilcox.
Ecl  Storytellers
How many words for hair can YOU think of?
Loren
One of my "goodreads friends" reviewed this book which meant I had to read it. I love the topic for Erin hates to brush her hair hence the "posh" bob hair style which works so well for us. I liked the illustrations although I thought they went a bit over the top (which is the point of the book). The ending was a surprise and Erin found it very funny. A cute read for preschoolers could be a bit disturbing for wee ones.
There are a number of books about unruly hair out there, and I have not read them all. I did like this one, because it reminded me of my childhood. My mother said when I was very young I never wanted to sit still to have my hair brushed, so she always kept my hair short. This sort of had a Sarah Sylvia Cynthia Stout will not take the garbage out feel, not as good, but similar.
Maria Burel
We LOVED this lyrical story of a young girl who simply WILL NOT brush her hair. Her mother pleads, threatens,and finally gives up, but Ella Kazoo is one determined little girl. UNTIL the day her hair interferes with her own play.

Ella Kazoo so exemplifies the stubborn nature of young children. Parents will nod in understanding, while children will laugh at Ella's antics.
Marie
Delightfully funny story of a little girl who won't brush her hair. A hilarious cautionary tale! The rhythm and rhyme are seamless. This appears to be a newly illustrated version of the story. Not having seen the other, I can't compare but I think these illustrations do the rhyme justice, especially her expanding and outrageous hair.
Kate McCartney
Ella hates to have her hair tended to, so she avoids to the point of her hair having a life of it's own. There have been several books of late dealing with unruly hair. This is a cute attempt. It has a fun rhyming text that at times has to try to hard to accomplish it's goal. Overall though I liked it, this book makes for a fun read.
Tessa
If you have a little girl who refuses to brush her hair, this would be a good book to read with her - especially if she doesn't want to cut her hair either. We got it because we have a daughter named Ella but she spent the whole books saying, "I would never do that!" and "That little girl should mind her mommy!"
Yolanda
I. Loved. This. Book.

How can I not? It's about a little girl who really doesn't want to get her hair brushed. How many women out there remember their Mother trying to brush your hair and it just hurting and you just want it to stop? Yeah. That's this book right here. Loved it!
Melissa
Brush your Hair
Brush your hair every day, give yourself a treat.
Part it, braid it, brush it back, but always keep it neat. Brush it once, brush it twice, keep it nice and clean. Brush and brush the tangles out, and see the lovely sheen
Kaye
Ella Kazoo hates to have her hair brushed, and she refuses until finally, her hair nearly grows her and her mother out of their house. Eventually, Ella gets a hair cut, and life simplifies considerably.
The Library Lady
That haircut would NOT tame curls like Ella's--being the curly haired mother of 2 curly haired daughters, I can tell you that as a fact. Though if it would, please give me the name of Ella's beautician!
Rachel
(Picture Book)This is a fun book about a girl who will not brush her hair, and the increasing mess it becomes. The illustrations are cute, as each turn of the page shows longer and messier hair.
Heather
28 months - three days after reading this book O has not argued with me at all about brushing her hair and doing her pigtails or ponytail. Cute book and it seems to do the trick! :D
Destinee Sutton
Funny rhyming story of a girl whose hair gets totally out of control. May be a good choice for a kid who's afraid to get a haircut. Or somone looking for lots of synonyms for "hair."
Christine Turner
A little girl refuses to brush her hair until it becomes so unruly that it takes over everything.

Subjects

Hair -- Juvenile fiction

Stories in rhyme
Curly haired girls will love Ella Kazoo! I do wonder, however, how these same girls will feel about Ella's haircut at the end of the story. Recommended for K - 2.
Mahathi
very cute book. I used to be like this with my hair but never had to go through it like this. Ella Kazoo is such a cute book character.
Amber
Rating this a 4 for my daughter who really likes it. A cute fun book. I probably would have rated it a 3 if she didn't enjoy it so much :)
Stacie
cute little book with fun rhyming. Becca really enjoyed it, especially watching the hair grow and gather up all kinds of things.
Hoover Public Library Kids and Teens
For all the little ones who would rather look like wild beasts than have their hair combed.
Kim
Ella Kazoo refuses to brush her hair until slowly it takes over her life.
Jaime
My daughter Ella loves this book & I enjoy reading it to her!
Shantel
This is a fun book, with great rhymes and vocabulary.
Sara
Rhyming, funny, perfect amount of language for preschool.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
10 Little Hermit Crabs Other People's Country Ella Kazoo will not go to sleep Ginger McFlea will not clean her teeth Jasper McFlea will not eat his tea