Start by marking “The Sword in the Stone” as Want to Read:
The Sword in the Stone

The Sword in the Stone

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  182 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Here's another classic Disney story as Disney retells the magical story of "The Sword in the Stone".
Published by Mouse Works (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Sword in the Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sword in the Stone

Manny
Mar 25, 2013 Manny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I must have seen this movie a dozen times - it was one of my children's favorites - but there's an Easter egg I missed until I was told about it yesterday on the TV Tropes Merlin Sickness page.

As people who have read the original book will know, Merlin lives his life backwards, remembering the future and only having vague ideas about the past. It is thus completely logical that he has tears in his eyes just after he meets Wart. From his point of view, he's never going to see him again.

How could
Rita Bradley
May 11, 2012 Rita Bradley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I loved this book and it brings back memories of the film!

So exciting and adventurous! It's every child's dream to do something an adult can't and we follow the magical experience of Merlin who achieves this by pulling out the sparkling stone. There are lots of pictures and chants which immediately grabs the children's attention and makes them want to be a charismatic leader like the boy they read about. This book is funny, sad and full of life!
Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go ou
Liam Johnstone
All right. It was a Disney bookification from the movie. Kinda missed the (simplistic) points that the movie was trying to make during Arthur's education. But it's hard to put as much detail in a book as in a movie. No, wait... um
Chase Vombaur
Nov 18, 2014 Chase Vombaur rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an absolute blast to read, it brings back memories of the old film I use to watch as a child. This book actually inspired me to re watch the cartoon from my childhood. It was a really fun experience. The book itself is so exciting and adventurous with a new danger at every turn! There are lots of pictures and chants which immediately grabs the child's attention, it makes them want to act like the character in the book . This book is truly full of life!
Mikana
Oct 08, 2015 Mikana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One my favourite stories growing up, which I enjoyed just as much the 2nd time round with my own loved ones.
Julie
Apr 09, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE THIS BOOK! The fun tale of the under dog climbing above and becoming a king is a thrilling adventure. I love the use of magic in the story. The pictures really tell the story from a great view. You see him as a fish and other creatures. Children would love this book because of the sense of adventure, magic, and the happy ending. The pictures were my favorite part of this story!
John
Classic Disney version of the story of Arthur. My youngest loved this book. Personally... it was only ok... bit of an insipid version of the famous tale with too many created characters and situations that just seem out of place.
Maura
Oct 26, 2014 Maura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
I loved these little Walt Disney Company books when I was growing up. A very condensed story version from the movie, but hits all the important points. I love reading these to my niece.
Dan
Aug 03, 2011 Dan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A children's edition of course, but when I was a kid I loved this book and the Disney movie, both great iterations of a classic story.
Amy Smith
Sep 03, 2012 Amy Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My little brother (he's nearly 30) and I still talk about this book & the movie. The life lessons hold true to this day.
Alex
Dec 23, 2012 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heaven ordered this boy was a king Aurthur..Long live the king
Shadow
Kenneth Flores
Jun 21, 2012 Kenneth Flores rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Jennifer Wagnon
Jennifer Wagnon marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Maja
Maja rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Ciara Laube
Ciara Laube marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Classic SF Fan
Classic SF Fan rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Кристина   Р.
Кристина Р. marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Haiat
Haiat marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Saoirse Sterling
Saoirse Sterling marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Hunter Collins
Hunter Collins rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Matija Radovic
Matija Radovic rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Disney's Mulan Classic Storybook (The Mouse Works Classics Collection)
  • Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • Disney's Aladdin (Disney Classic Series)
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: A Classic Disney Treasury
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • The Fir Tree
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • The Art of The Secret World of Arrietty
  • The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...