Start by marking “The Sword in the Stone” as Want to Read:
The Sword in the Stone

The Sword in the Stone

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Here's another classic Disney story as Disney retells the magical story of "The Sword in the Stone".
Published by Mouse Works (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Sword in the Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sword in the Stone

I must have seen this movie a dozen times - it was one of my children's favorites - but there's an Easter egg I missed until I was told about it yesterday on the TV Tropes Merlin Sickness page.

As people who have read the original book will know, Merlin lives his life backwards, remembering the future and only having vague ideas about the past. It is thus completely logical that he has tears in his eyes just after he meets Wart. From his point of view, he's never going to see him again.

How could
Rita Bradley

I loved this book and it brings back memories of the film!

So exciting and adventurous! It's every child's dream to do something an adult can't and we follow the magical experience of Merlin who achieves this by pulling out the sparkling stone. There are lots of pictures and chants which immediately grabs the children's attention and makes them want to be a charismatic leader like the boy they read about. This book is funny, sad and full of life!
Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go ou
Liam Johnstone
All right. It was a Disney bookification from the movie. Kinda missed the (simplistic) points that the movie was trying to make during Arthur's education. But it's hard to put as much detail in a book as in a movie. No, wait... um
Chase Vombaur
This book is an absolute blast to read, it brings back memories of the old film I use to watch as a child. This book actually inspired me to re watch the cartoon from my childhood. It was a really fun experience. The book itself is so exciting and adventurous with a new danger at every turn! There are lots of pictures and chants which immediately grabs the child's attention, it makes them want to act like the character in the book . This book is truly full of life!
One my favourite stories growing up, which I enjoyed just as much the 2nd time round with my own loved ones.
LOVE THIS BOOK! The fun tale of the under dog climbing above and becoming a king is a thrilling adventure. I love the use of magic in the story. The pictures really tell the story from a great view. You see him as a fish and other creatures. Children would love this book because of the sense of adventure, magic, and the happy ending. The pictures were my favorite part of this story!
Classic Disney version of the story of Arthur. My youngest loved this book. Personally... it was only ok... bit of an insipid version of the famous tale with too many created characters and situations that just seem out of place.
I loved these little Walt Disney Company books when I was growing up. A very condensed story version from the movie, but hits all the important points. I love reading these to my niece.
A children's edition of course, but when I was a kid I loved this book and the Disney movie, both great iterations of a classic story.
Amy Smith
My little brother (he's nearly 30) and I still talk about this book & the movie. The life lessons hold true to this day.
The heaven ordered this boy was a king Aurthur..Long live the king
A great children's book
Oh the metaphors!!
Staci McKnight
Staci McKnight marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Margaret Chadwick
Margaret Chadwick marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Aniyah Hughes
Aniyah Hughes marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Corey marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Disney's Tarzan (A Read-Aloud Storybook)
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Disney's Mulan Classic Storybook (The Mouse Works Classics Collection)
  • Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • Disney's Storybook Collection
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: A Classic Disney Treasury
  • Disney's Lady and the Tramp: Classic Storybook
  • The Lion King
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • The Fir Tree
  • The Art of The Secret World of Arrietty
  • The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...