Start by marking “One Part Angel: A Novel” as Want to Read:
One Part Angel: A Novel

One Part Angel: A Novel

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The residents of Ebb, Nebraska, could use another miracle. The last time they needed one, their salvation came in the form of a mysterious, well-dressed traveling salesman named Vernon Moore. Though he turned the town around in six days, now Ebb is right back in the soup, and plucky Wilma Porter–owner of the Come Again Bed and Breakfast–is praying for a return visit from t ...more
Published February 27th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Part Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Part Angel

Mara
This book is just as incomprehensible to me as the first one (In the Land of Second Chances) was, possibly more so. In many ways this book is little more than a retread of In the Land... except the "sermonettes" are slightly different. Instead of hope and faith, we have the difference between smart and stupid, and strong and weak. But the reasoning is the same: Let me prove to you why it makes more sense, from a rational perspective, to behave a smart way, as defined by the author, of course.

It'
Roxanne
I loved the relationship between the young character in jail and the main character. The questions he asked the young man, beginning with, 'Is it better to be smart or stupid?" and "How would you say you are doing so far?" made the book worth finishing. It may be that the rest of the book didn't really hold my interest since it wasn't the first in the series, but I am glad my friend, Susie, lent it to me.
Kay
This was a delightful book with fun characters and moral lessons.
Sandra
Charming spiritual fable that poses these questions...Is is better to be smart or stupid---strong or weak? Hmmm...You could debate the ansswers aaround the kitchen table and have an interesting discussion.
Lori
Jun 19, 2009 Lori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult
This is a continuation of his first book ... In The Land of Second Chances. Very insightful how Mr. Moore solves the problems of the town. And in less than a week!! Very good read.
Linda
Good spiritual fiction.Uplifting, cute, philosophical and spiritual read.. it was just what i needed to help me cope with things going on in my life at the time i read it.
Umlaut James
George brings back the characters we loved, and this time price is way too high for the ladies club to lose. Loved how author writes making the story lines funny and easy to read.
Siszurpicki
Sequel to "The Land of Second Chances" is another tale of spiritual mystery and humor in a town run by women, but saved by a man. Go figure.
Carol
Second of the series. If you like a quick read with an uplifting message, read this series.
Kim
Nov 01, 2008 Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fiction
Excellent read. Still warm, funny,and makes you think. Wonderfull series.
Sharon
Loved this trilogy. I would suggest reading them in order.
Danielle
Interesting theology.
Janey Dean
Janey Dean marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
May 14, 2015
Mary Ann Donaghy
Mary Ann Donaghy marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Dottie
Dottie added it
Aug 11, 2014
Carol
Carol added it
Jan 29, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
In the Land of Second Chances: A Novel The Widows of Eden: A Novel The Arithmetic of Life and Death In the Land of Second Chances