Start by marking “One Part Angel: A Novel” as Want to Read:
One Part Angel: A Novel

One Part Angel: A Novel

The residents of Ebb, Nebraska, could use another miracle. The last time they needed one, their salvation came in the form of a mysterious, well-dressed traveling salesman named Vernon Moore. Though he turned the town around in six days, now Ebb is right back in the soup, and plucky Wilma Porter–owner of the Come Again Bed and Breakfast–is praying for a return visit from t ...more
Published February 27th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about One Part Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Part Angel

Mara
Feb 26, 2008 Mara rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
This book is just as incomprehensible to me as the first one (In the Land of Second Chances) was, possibly more so. In many ways this book is little more than a retread of In the Land... except the "sermonettes" are slightly different. Instead of hope and faith, we have the difference between smart and stupid, and strong and weak. But the reasoning is the same: Let me prove to you why it makes more sense, from a rational perspective, to behave a smart way, as defined by the author, of course.

It'
Julie
Jan 26, 2016 Julie rated it liked it
A man (angel?) tries to help a young boy in jail. His methods are sometimes thought =provoking. But I feel I was missing some things because I did not read the prequel.
Roxanne
Mar 26, 2008 Roxanne rated it liked it
I loved the relationship between the young character in jail and the main character. The questions he asked the young man, beginning with, 'Is it better to be smart or stupid?" and "How would you say you are doing so far?" made the book worth finishing. It may be that the rest of the book didn't really hold my interest since it wasn't the first in the series, but I am glad my friend, Susie, lent it to me.
Kay
Jan 18, 2014 Kay rated it really liked it
This was a delightful book with fun characters and moral lessons.
Sandra
Aug 09, 2012 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming spiritual fable that poses these questions...Is is better to be smart or stupid---strong or weak? Hmmm...You could debate the ansswers aaround the kitchen table and have an interesting discussion.
Lori
Jun 19, 2009 Lori rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
This is a continuation of his first book ... In The Land of Second Chances. Very insightful how Mr. Moore solves the problems of the town. And in less than a week!! Very good read.
Linda
Jan 19, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Good spiritual fiction.Uplifting, cute, philosophical and spiritual read.. it was just what i needed to help me cope with things going on in my life at the time i read it.
Umlaut James
George brings back the characters we loved, and this time price is way too high for the ladies club to lose. Loved how author writes making the story lines funny and easy to read.
Siszurpicki
Aug 16, 2010 Siszurpicki rated it liked it
Sequel to "The Land of Second Chances" is another tale of spiritual mystery and humor in a town run by women, but saved by a man. Go figure.
Carol
Jun 01, 2009 Carol rated it really liked it
Second of the series. If you like a quick read with an uplifting message, read this series.
Kim
Nov 01, 2008 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Excellent read. Still warm, funny,and makes you think. Wonderfull series.
Sharon
Jul 31, 2008 Sharon rated it really liked it
Loved this trilogy. I would suggest reading them in order.
Danielle
Aug 14, 2008 Danielle rated it liked it
Interesting theology.
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Bev
Bev rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
May 07, 2016
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Lizzie
Lizzie added it
Mar 05, 2016
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jan 26, 2016
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Beverly Letsche
Beverly Letsche marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Joann Boomhower
Joann Boomhower marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Joan Hermanowski
Joan Hermanowski rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Sue Johnson
Sue Johnson rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Dorothy Mapes
Dorothy Mapes rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Janey Dean
Janey Dean marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015