Start by marking “Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 6: Blackest Night” as Want to Read:
Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 6: Blackest Night

Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 6: Blackest Night (Blackest Night #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  3,616 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Writer Peter J. Tomasi and hot artist Patrick Gleason expand on the War of the Light as the evil Black Lanterns descend on all of the Corps throughout the universe in this must-read BLACKEST NIGHT tie-in that features key plot points that are essential to enjoying the storyline to its fullest. Just when things couldn't look any darker, Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardn ...more
Published July 13th 2010 by DC Comics (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 6

Sesana
While the Black Lantern Corps was sacking Earth, what was going on back on Oa, and how were the Green Lantern Corps at large dealing with it? As it turns out, I didn't much care. No, it wasn't bad, just... lackluster. Especially compared with some of the strong writing this event brought out. The best issue in the lot was probably the post-disaster issue, showing the devastated planet and dealing with some Lantern politics that would probably mean a lot more to somebody who'd been keeping up wit ...more
Nick
Read collected, Blackest Night Green Lantern Corps may be the strongest tie-in volume to the DCU's undead event. It tells a linear story that is easy to follow, no matter what your previous knowledge is. Patrick Gleason, who is often overshadowed by his more prominent fellow artists on the GL titles turns in some of his strongest work here. His detailed splash pages are a joy to comb through, and nearly all his sketches feature creepy background images that suit this story well. Pete Tomasi cont ...more
Alan
What doesn't work here are the members of the Indigo Tribe, Mogo (once a fun supporting character now seemingly a deus ex machina piece), Miri, and the screwing with Guy Gardenr's character (why make him a ticking time bomb?). What does work are the efforts to add some character depth (note I say some) to Corps members Salaak, and the feuding (they are such a slash couple) partners Isamot and Vath. Also points for trying to poke good natured fun at women in refrigerators.
Austin
this was a great book I have read a few of the green lantern book and that were really good this one was graphic but not as much. I liked it because it was a great read and kept my attention throughout the whole book

I gave this book a 3 star rating because it was good but I am not really interested in these book but I enjoyed it a lot it is like the other books there is 3 story's in it and the stories are all very colorful and I liked it a lot.
Anne
3.5 stars. Not the best in the Blackest Night arc (my opinion, of course). Could be that I'm just burned out on Blackest Night, but this one seemed a little on the cheesy side.
Kevin
This book follows Kyle Rayner, Soranik Natu, Guy Gardner, Kilowog and the other minor Lanterns as they defend Oa from the invading Black Lantern Zombies. There are epic fight all around and it only collides with the main title toward the end, but I really think this needs to be read with both the others.

I really enjoyed Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps., silliness and all. I highly recommend that this be read with the main Blackest Night: Green Lantern Series and Blackest Night using an order
Gavin
Another tie-in with Blackest Night, this one might be the most relevant after Green Lantern. This deals more with the Green Lantern Corps as a whole, and tells stories about everyone from John Stewart to Kyle Rayner to Kilowog, to Guy Gardiner, to Mogo the planet and Salaak.
One of the greatest parts of this collection I found, was when one of the main Green Lanterns (human) was taken over by the Black, and it drove one of the other Human Lanterns into a Rage where he was consumed by the Red Lan
Jake
I absolutely love the team of Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason. They work so well together. Not only on Green Lantern Corps, but they're also killing it on Batman and Robin right now.

What I love about the Green Lantern Corps comic, even outside the Blackest Night event, is that it doesn't always focus on Guy, John, or Kyle; it'll have side-stories about Isamot Kol and Vath Sarn, or Iolande and Soranik Natu, or whoever. I really loved the ending part with Isamot and Vath.

As with the other BN t
Brad McKenna
This is the collection of The Blackest Night story that features "The Other" Green Lanterns. Since Kyle is my favorite, that's just as well. It also delved deeper into the other corps as well.

Unlike the Green Lantern collection, this one does end. Sorta. The last chapter deals with a part of the aftermath. One thing that came out of this one, was my liking Guy Gardner's character more.
Richard Rosenthal
It almost seems to be an exercise in telling the Blackest Night story without having any of the main characters show up. This is what the Corp does while Hal Jordan saves the universe. I enjoyed it but I think it would have been better to reed side by side with the other volumes that make up Blackest Night. An Omnibus might be the way to go but that would probably be very expensive.
MadMaxx
I was stoked they were setting this story up and all the different corps were coming together. Then the dead start coming back to life with old dead heroes attacking the still living ones as zombies, how more awesome could the DC universe get. Cant wait for another huge crossover like this when the different colors of the emotion corps have to fight each other again. Keep up the good work DC.
Jaq
Background to the great first volume in this series, it takes you through some of the additional storylines that surround the rise of the Black Lanterns. Not as bloody as the first volume but still not suitable for younger readers.
Teri
This Blackest Night book details the Green Lantern corps for everyone EXCEPT Hal Jordan. (I think he's in there in some places). I read this one first and that was kind of a mistake since I didn't know what was going on for some time, and it seems like the middle of the book is just one long fight scene after another that I didn't understand. After reading the other two Blackest Night books, I went back and looked at this one and it make a little more sense. Still, Wikipedia is going to be your ...more
Jacob
Public Library Copy. As far as I know this was the first time I'd read anything by Tomasi. I recall Greg Rucka speaking highly of him so I knew that was enough of an endorsement for me. I quite enjoyed this GL Corps title and if I could afford it I'd love to pick them all up and get caught up. Unfortunately I have to settle for picking up the books that the public library carries and I'm reading the GL comics out of order. It kind of reminds me of my jr high and high school days when I was readi ...more
Ithlilian
The different lantern corps come together to defend Oa and the green lantern from the black lanterns. That's it really. A couple of minor plot lines are tied up each individual lantern member's story is advanced but since I don't really care about Kyle Rayner's love life or pointy eared chick's dead parents I wasn't too thrilled. When the black lanterns get you they talk trash and try to make you emotional, so the history of every character is brought up again and I don't care about it at all. R ...more
Gabriel Wallis
This was one of the best Blackest Night graphic novels I've read. It was really intense! Great scenes in the graphic novel: the "hungry" Black Lantern kids, Kilowog's battle with his former trainer Lantern Ermey (now a Black Lantern), the Black Lanterns attacking Oa and creating a large construct to topple the Central Power Battery there, Guy Gardner's induction into the Red Lantern Corps, Mogo's "cleansing" of the Black Lantern Corps off of Oa, Mogo's battle against Guy Gardner, and the Anti-Mo ...more
Patty
The Corps. are the group I really love in the GL part of the DC Universe...so many different aliens and so many different personalities. And Kyle's (my fave GL) here, too...it will be interesting to see how his romance with Soranik will turn out, but since Kyle's had really bad luck with girlfriends (most of them die), I'm also afraid to see what will happen.
Dean
Found this ok, but not the strongest of the Blackest Night tie-in books. Lots of fighting and explanation of plot, but the story drags slowly along, we drown in a sea of characters that is just too large, and not much plot advancement. Treading water, as it were.
Writing is decent enough, as is the art. A book to borrow or rent, not buy.
TJ Shelby
The entire book was a battle scene with sketchy transitions and lackluster writing. When Guy Gardner is the best part of any Lantern story...there's problems.

A positive note: Patrick Gleason's issue #41 cover was hauntingly eerie and Greg Horn's variant #42 (of Guy Gardner) was AMAZING!
Jorge
This is only a taste of DC's Blackest Night story line. Tomasi is am amazing writer and is doing a great job with some of the DC new 52 books. The artwork and the extra variant art covers at the end of the book was icing to this cake of colors and creative writing.
Adam
Good story, average artwork a definite must for GL fans or even fans of the Blackest Night story line. By far and away the best part was Guy Gardner becoming a Red lantern after the death of Kyle Rayner. However, it was not a must read for the Blackest Night story.
Keith Rommel
Aug 07, 2011 Keith Rommel rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: horror fans
Shelves: graphic-novel
I didn't know much about the Green Lantern Corps. This was a nice tie-in to the Blackest Night storyline, but not necessary. I will be reading all the trades in this series and will probably continue through the Brightest Day story arc.
M
During this part of the Blackest Night event, we see Kyle supposedly killed, the battery fall, and Guy become a Red Lantern. A nifty look at the space war of the event, but overall not as effective as the other portions.
Mf
The one detraction here for me was that the visuals were a bit too crowded. I understand that it was meant to show the extent of the battles, but for me at least, it turned into a smear of colors, losing the details.
Matt
Probably the best of the core Blackest Night books. The action's really breathless, the character beats are great, and the art really sings with all the spectacle that Gleason's asked to put in. Top-notch stuff.
Eric Mikols
My favorite of the group, just because I like the Guy/Kyle friendship. The moment where I thought Kyle was out and Guy was a Red Lantern was great. I could read about the corps forever.
Angela
This involved lots of characters that I was not really familiar with. Some decent explanations about the individual corps that a newcomer does need to understand this event.
Shannon Appelcline
Though it does have the widescreen appeal of the main Green Lantern comic, this one really goes to the heart of the characters, helping it rise up to the next level.
John Yelverton
A great book of the many disasters and adventures facing the Green Lantern Corps during the Blackest Night.
Dan
excellent story & action up until the climactic battle, which was skipped over for some reason.
  • Green Lantern, Vol. 9: Blackest Night
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 2: The Dark Side of Green
  • Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 7: Revolt of the Alpha-Lanterns
Peter J. Tomasi is an American comic book writer, best known for his work for DC Comics.
More about Peter J. Tomasi...

Blackest Night (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Green Lantern, Vol. 7: Rage of the Red Lanterns
  • Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps
  • Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps, Vol. 1
  • Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps, Vol. 2
  • Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns
Batman and Robin, Vol. 1: Born to Kill Batman and Robin, Vol. 2: Pearl Batman and Robin, Vol. 3: Death of the Family Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps, Vol. 1 Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 1: Fearsome