Start by marking “How Babies Are Made” as Want to Read:
How Babies Are Made

How Babies Are Made

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Some children start asking questions about sex by the time they are three, and this book is designed to aid parents in their answers, without going into technical detail or being too graphic. The illustrations are accurate without being overly explicit.
Published September 30th 1984 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1968)

To ask other readers questions about How Babies Are Made, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Babies Are Made

The Baby Book by William SearsHow to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele FaberWhat to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi MurkoffThe Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey KarpThe No-Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley
Most Influential Parenting Books
123rd out of 252 books — 436 voters
Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. MilneThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Golden Compass by Philip PullmanThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Children's books I wish I read as a kid
146th out of 276 books — 164 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie
This is the book my mom handed us as kids to dispel any beliefs we may have had in the stork. I used to flip through the pages over and over again for years. The best part is that instead of drawings or photographs they use cut out pieces of paper formed to look like animals and people, then photographed.

It's actually very cool to look at and highly educational. :)
Kat
I'm rather surprised at how good this book is.

It only got 3 stars because it is pretty exclusively heterosexual and there's an undercurrent of single race couples. Yes, I know cocker spaniels don't have a race, but they come in lots of colors - just not in this book. Also, it has the "mom and dad must love each other" undercurrent as well. While I think all children should be born of love, I don't necessarily think that love has to be between the egg owner and the sperm owner.

The book starts o
SilverdeThug
I hated this book my mom made me read it. Just because it will help me in my future doesnt mean i would like it
Andrew
Successful at teaching about sex - in a Mister Rogers kind of way.
HeavyReader
The illustrations in this book are so rad! They are made from cut out paper which was then photographed. So cool! My favorite, if I remember correctly is the rooster and the hen. The human illustration was not nearly as cool as it could have been.

I actually never saw this book as a child, only stumbled upon it as an adult. I don't know where my copy went. Maybe I sold it. I hope I got a lot of money for it.
Steven
It's simply the best of any and every book that's ever been written to teach 4-10 year olds the "basic facts of life. Magnificent. Brief, to the point, easy to understand text accompanies beautiful paper sculptue pix. Get it!
Jen Barker
I've used this book as the starting point to teach my young children about human intimacy. It really helps if they have been exposed to or watched videos of animals mating. Succinct and tasteful.
Amy
My ultimate favorite from when I was little.
Kendra
Kendra added it
Mar 24, 2015
Andy
Andy added it
Jan 06, 2015
Robert Mejia jr
Robert Mejia jr marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Marvin Fuentes
Marvin Fuentes marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Cynthia Dennice
Cynthia Dennice marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Pat
Pat added it
Sep 17, 2014
Ace
Ace marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Significant Best Seller 1 3 Jun 09, 2010 04:23PM
Hi, New Baby; A Book to Help Your Child Learn About the New Baby, Hi, New Baby: A Book to Help Your Child Learn about the New Baby,