Start by marking “A Crack in the Track (Bright & Early Board Books)” as Want to Read:
A Crack in the Track (Bright & Early Board Books)

A Crack in the Track (Bright and Early Board Books)

What does it take to bring the entire Island of Sodor Railway System to a halt? Just a crack in the track. Well, a crack in the track and some hail on the rail . . . and a toad in the road, and a fuss on the bus. In fact, one thing leads to another until just about everything that can go wrong does go wrong. Luckily, there’s a breakdown train with a couple of cranes that c ...more
Board Book, 24 pages
Published February 24th 2004 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published February 24th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Crack in the Track, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Crack in the Track

Owen
Jun 28, 2014 Owen rated it it was ok
I use to like these a lot but not so much anymore
Ashley Trueblood
Nov 11, 2016 Ashley Trueblood rated it really liked it
Shelves: hayden-to-read
My son is a Thomas enthusiast and loves this
Jeffrey Hite
Jan 22, 2013 Jeffrey Hite rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
The best thing I can say about this book is that it is rather short. Thomas the Tank Engine has never been high reading, but it seems to me that since the Thomas Movie the books have gone down hill. This is a good example of that.

My younger kids like the book because it is Thomas, but the older kids groan at even having to hear it while I read it to the younger ones, and shout suggestions at the book from across the room, like how did hail break a huge metal track? Or Why not drive around the to
Jack
Jan 24, 2016 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: k-g-4
My book is from the Cat in the Hat Beginner Books division of Random House. Fans of Thomas & Friends will enjoy A Crack in the Track as another chapter in the long running series. It is a good early reader and the many children that love this series will be motivated to master the story themselves.
Age Range: 3 and up
Felicity The Magnificent
In this book Henry the engine had a boiler ache. The hail fell down. Sometimes it's strong and it breaks the track. The driver was sitting inside. Thomas stopped. The other trains had to push Thomas on his back. Gordon was standing behind Henry, and James was standing behind Gordon. I liked this book. This is a long book.
Taylor Troncin
This book was read for Wesley’s summer reading club. Wesley is my (soon to be five year old) son. This review is what we used for his reading club.
***

Wesley loves Thomas!! Wesley ended up having almost everyone read this story to him multiple times!
Jeff
May 08, 2015 Jeff rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids
Not a big fan of Thomas books to begin with. This one has problems because it doesn't know if it wants to be a rhyming book. It's starts as a story and then midway through it starts to rhyme for a few pages and then goes back to the story.
Andrea
Jun 17, 2011 Andrea rated it really liked it
One of the better Thomas the Train books. My boys love to look at all the train pictures but I don't love to read a lot of them aloud. This has good rhyming in it.
Gennie Hendrick
This book will peek the children's interest because of the characters in the story. This book has rhyming words that would be good for children to be able to identify.
Cindy Winder delong
Nov 01, 2012 Cindy Winder delong rated it it was amazing
My family loves this book. We read it often in their early elementary school years and I still have parts of it memorized all these years later.
Flora
Aug 23, 2007 Flora rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kids who like Thomas.
Peppo bought this for me. It not only has all the train guys, but it also has Harold the helicopter and Bertie the bus, too. I've heard it five times today and it's just after noon.
Elaine Shircliff
This is a great read for children to teach them that you can do anything but sometimes you need a little help.
Desi
Feb 11, 2015 Desi rated it it was ok
Shelves: jp-reads
For awhile I regretted picking this up used. The story is fine, but it can't make up its mind whether its rhyming or not.
Dave
Dave rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2015
Maia
Maia rated it really liked it
May 10, 2011
Nicki Bonney
Nicki Bonney rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Heather Curlee
Heather Curlee rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Doli Cheney
Doli Cheney rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2015
Mia
Mia rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Jacob Bird
Jacob Bird rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Terri
Terri rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2009
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2011
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Johanna
Johanna rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2008
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2012
Andrea Theroux-caponi
Andrea Theroux-caponi rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Jane Yuh
Jane Yuh rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2013
  • Amelia Bedelia Under Construction
  • If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests
  • The Lion Storyteller Bedtime Book: World Folk Tales Especially for Reading Aloud
  • The Cheerios Play Book
  • Berenstains' A Book (Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners)
  • Tut's Mummy: Lost...and Found
  • North American Indians
  • Curious George's Dinosaur Discovery
  • A Big Ball of String
  • The Greek News
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat (I Can Read Level 1)
  • Big Max
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Henry and Mudge and the Big Sleepover (Henry and Mudge, #28)
  • Prairie School
  • The Great Wall Of China
  • The Long Way to a New Land
  • Cookie's Week
Wilbert Vere Awdry, OBE, better known as the Rev. W. Awdry, was an English clergyman, railway enthusiast and children's author, and creator of Thomas the Tank Engine, who starred in Awdry's acclaimed Railway Series.

The characters that would make Awdry famous, and the first stories featuring them, were invented in 1943 to amuse his son Christopher during a bout of measles. The first book (The Three
More about Wilbert Awdry...

Bright and Early Board Books (8 books)
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! (Bright and Early Board Books)
  • The Alphabet Book (Bright & Early Board Books)
  • The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Whacky Book of Opposites (Bright and Early Board Books)
  • The Tooth Book
  • Summer (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))
  • Inside, Outside, Upside Down (Berenstain Bears Bright and Early Board Book)
  • Here Comes Peter Cottontail Board Book (Peter Cottontail) (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))