Piense conforme a la Biblia

Piense conforme a la Biblia

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  8 reviews
El autor considera temas como: El posmodernismo, genero, adoracion, psicologia, ciencia, educacion, historia, gobierno, economia, arte y literatura. El libro sera de mucha ayuda para los que cada dia se comprometen a pensar biblicamente en estos tiempos modernos. [This book will encourage Christians to embrace a mind-set based on biblical truth. The authors discuss issues...more
Published March 4th 2005 by Portavoz (first published January 23rd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Piense conforme a la Biblia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piense conforme a la Biblia

Todd Wilhelm
This book was a compilation of chapters on different subjects written by different authors. I really liked MacArthur's chapters on "Comprehending Creation" and "Having an Eternally Right Relationship With God," in which the Gospel was laid out very clearly.

I also liked R.W. Mackey, II's chapter on "Proposing A Biblical Approach To Economics." Most of the other material was just average, but I am sure the reader will find something beneficial to him in this book.
Debi
This is a topic close to my heart - developing a Christian worldview and living according to what the Bible teaches and not the culture around us. The book is a collection of articles by different authors, each chapter dealing with a different topic. The first chapters deal with the foundation behind having a Christian worldview - having a biblical foundation. This starts with whether we believe the Bible to be authoritative and sufficient. Another chapter dealt with the importance of what we be...more
Thomas Freeman
This book is not the best book if you are looking for a good critique an apologetic for presenting a biblical worldview to the postmodern worldview. Instead it is a compilation of articles from different college professors who share about fundamentalist issues that are attacked by the postmoodern view.

However - The chapter dealing with the history of postmodernism is actually very good and provides an excellent summary.

Recommendation - borrow it from a library and get what you want from it.
Simon
I want to give this 3 & 1/2 stars, because it was better than good, but it wasn't great. I would certainly recommend the text for a young person who is about to dive into university or upper high school. It will also be helpful for adults. Some chapters were stronger than others. Weaker ones were on politics, and creation (I think MacArthur is a bit strict on that). Strong chapters were on biblical masculinity, biblical femininity, and postmodernism.
Andrew
A tough read at times, but a great example of a college education in a book. A wide swatch of topics are covered, though I wish some of my alama matter's other professors had been selected for a few chapters, as MacArthur seems to have the lion's share of topics. Highly recommend the last chapter by Prof Horner.
librarian4Him02
John MacArthur and other Masters College faculty examine various topics from okay's culture and society. They apply a biblical world view to these topics. I finished this book feeling more prepared and also eager to apply biblical thinking to events and situations around me. Definitely recommend this read.
Todd Brown
If you desire a book that provides sound doctrinal teaching on scripture this is a must read.
Becky
I read the first couple chapters and lost interest.
Carlos E. Montijo
Carlos E. Montijo marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Kent Hayes
Kent Hayes marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Miranda Koehn
Miranda Koehn marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2014
Thomas Murosky
Thomas Murosky marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Kristen Johnson
Kristen Johnson is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Hannah  Walsh
Hannah Walsh is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2014
Bridget
Bridget is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2014
Kerowyn Brewer
Kerowyn Brewer marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Ralphz
Ralphz marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Michael Lawrence
Michael Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
John F. MacArthur, Jr. is a United States Reformed evangelical writer and minister, noted for his radio program entitled Grace to You and as the editor of the Gold Medallion Book Award winning MacArthur Study Bible. MacArthur is a fifth-generation pastor, a popular author and conference speaker and has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California since 1969, and as...more
More about John MacArthur...
Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You Twelve Ordinary Men Slave: The Hidden Truth about Your Identity in Christ The Truth War: Fighting for Certainty in an Age of Deception Ashamed Of The Gospel: When The Church Becomes Like The World