Start by marking “Kisses from Hell” as Want to Read:
Kisses from Hell

Kisses from Hell (Short Stories from Hell)

3.63  ·  Rating Details ·  6,455 Ratings  ·  528 Reviews
Truly, Madly, Undeadly

This irresistible collection features stories of love amid vampires by five of today's hottest authors—Kristin Cast (Tempted), Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy), Alyson Noël (Evermore), Kelley Armstrong (The Summoning), and Francesca Lia Block (Pretty Dead).

From a fugitive vampire forced to trust a boy who might work for the group bent on destroying her
Published August 24th 2010 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kisses from Hell, please sign up.

Bambi Quim Kisses from Hell is an anthology; one of the stories is written by Richelle Mead, and references the Vampire Academy world (to be honest, it is not a…moreKisses from Hell is an anthology; one of the stories is written by Richelle Mead, and references the Vampire Academy world (to be honest, it is not a very good story). At least one of the other stories also references a series, but a few of the stories are interesting and/or well done.

Hope that helps!(less)
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Gotta Have 'Em
124th out of 995 books — 1,912 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickFallen by Lauren KateCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareShiver by Maggie StiefvaterCity of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Judge A Book By Its Cover!
416th out of 4,558 books — 9,061 voters

More lists with this book...

Tatiana
Sep 05, 2010 Tatiana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: maybe hardcore fans of Vampire Academy and Darkest Powers series
This collection consists of 5 stories by the YA authors out of which I am familiar with 3 - I admire Kelley Armstrong, I am fairly disappointed in Richelle Mead, vowed not to read Alyson Noel again - never read anything by Kristin Cast and Francesca Lia Block. First I thought to only read Mead's and Armstrong's stories, but then decided to give 3 other writers a chance, out of the goodness of my heart and because the book is fairly short. Well, I shouldn't have bothered.

"Sunshine" by Richelle Me
Mizuki
Jan 26, 2016 Mizuki rated it it was ok
DNF@35%.

Sunshine by Richelle Mead:

It isn't bad but the plot is weak and not very 'together', the characters are all very 'Meh', so 2 stars.

Bright Me to Life by Alyson Noel:

Skipped after reading the first 3 pages because the writing and the plot don't look interesting to me, I will try again later... No star.

Above by Kristin Cast:

Skipped after reading the first 2 pages, I couldn't handle Cast's writing when my head was aching. No star.

Hunting Kat by Kelley Armstrong

The author brought up interesti
Amanda
Sep 06, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it
Ok, I only read two stories in this book. The Richelle Mead story - which is a Vampire Academy story about how Lissa's parents met - was good and interesting and now makes me want to read the books again! I'm pretty sure that the other characters in this story are also the parents of VA characters, and I need to figure out who is who! The story seems to shed some light on part of Lissa's story that is revealed at the end of Spirit Bound.

The book also contained something by Kristin Cast (of House
Sandy
Jan 20, 2011 Sandy rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own-it, 2011
This book is five stories by five authors. I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others in this "series". Alyson Noel's story saved it for me. Kelley Armstrong's was also good.

Sunshine by Richelle Mead ***
A story about a bunch of vampire teenagers. They are born vampires called Moroi. They aren't out of control monsters - those are Strigoi. Moroi can become Strigoi by draining a human of blood.
Eric is a player. His father wants him to find a girl and settle down to carry on the family line.
Rhe
Andrea Hussey
Aug 07, 2013 Andrea Hussey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Kathy Davie
Nov 16, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it it was ok
Fourth in the Hell anthology series with a theme of paranormal romance for young adults.

Series:
"Sunshine" (Vampire Academy, 0.5)
"Hunting Kat" (Darkest Powers, 3.5)

I would be remiss in not mentioning that "a portion of the proceeds from the sale of this collection will be donated to College Summit" to aid in college enrollment for all students, and especially those from low-income backgrounds. Proceed at your own risk.

My Take
Yeah, it was reading from hell as well! I'd suspect that part of the ma
Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~
Kisses from hell is a collection of five short stories by five popular young adult authors. I have previously read works by four of the five authors. Kristen Cast, Richelle Mead, Alyson Noel and Francesca Lia Block. I am not a huge fan of these authors’ accept for Richelle Mead, she was the sole reason I picked this novel up.

Sunshine by Richelle Mead.
I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I love reading back round stories of characters, and I quite liked this one. I have read many bad reviews
Jamie
May 29, 2011 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
The short book is comprised of five short stories from five different authors.

Overall, I gave this book three stars. I enjoyed it for what it was: just a short book to read within an hour and delight in the stories within. I mostly picked it up to read Armstrong's story because I'm on a kick to finish all her young adult stuff, and her story was four star worthy.

Cast's story was annoying; I don't like poetry, and I certainly don't want to read a half poem/half short story that doesn't make sense
Purple April
Mar 21, 2015 Purple April rated it really liked it
Shelves: must-read
The book is a collection of five short stories:-

Sunshine : The plot was good and the story was well written. Was a really nice read.

Bring Me To Life : It was another good story. The suspense was maintained till the very end. The whole setting and everything about the book was pretty nice and interesting. I totally loved the story.

Above : Even though this was the third story, I read it at the end. Or rather tried to read it. But something about it seemed just so wrong that I gave up in the
Jordan
Jul 28, 2011 Jordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
UN SOLEIL INTERDIT :

Ha, quel plaisir de retrouver le style de Richelle Mead pour cette première histoire ! En plus, on ne fait pas que retrouver sa manière d'écrire. Nous sommes aussi plongés dans l'univers de Vampire Academy ! Et oui, ici on suit Eric Dragomir, un Moroï haut placé. Dragomir, ce nom ne vous dit-il rien ? Pour les lecteurs de Vampire Academy, vous aurez compris que ce personnage n'est autre que le père de Lissa. Grâce à l'histoire "Un Soleil Interdit", on remonte le temps jusqu'
Kerstyn M.
Sep 19, 2010 Kerstyn M. rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the authours who contributed
I was really looking forward to reading this book for two reasons:
1. I absolutely LOVED a previous paranormal anthology belonging to the same series(?) as this one, Vacations from Hell.
2. Contains short stories from tow of my favorite authors of the moment, Kelley Armstrong and Richelle Mead.

I read this book from cover-to-cover in basically one sitting, and was severely disappointed, because it wasn't at all what I thought it would be. Although I was only familiar with three of the authors (A
Sarabh
Oct 15, 2016 Sarabh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
liquider ma PAL jeunesse avant d attaquer la vraie pal
Jagged
Dec 04, 2012 Jagged rated it did not like it
Sunshine--Richelle Mead
One Star.

I didn't like Rhea. She was so incredibly insecure and bitchy. There was no way anyone could talk to her without walking on egg shells. Don't call her on it though, that just makes her talk down to you like you're a piece of shit.
And what the hell..? Why was this about vampires? A human suffering from blood loss could take them out. Why did Rhea have a fire ability when she didn't ever use it? Not even to defend herself?
A tug-of-war between two people is not what
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
1. Sunshine by Richelle Mead
4 STARS

I was so interested in reading anything Mead puts out that's set in the VA world. Although this short story lacks the kickass heroine that is Rose, I found that I really liked Rhea. She's an outcast and it's clear from the very beginning, but she is very sure of herself and that is very endearing. Speaking of which, Eric is irresistable. It's no wonder girls love him.

I thought the overall story was great, though I must admit I did think Dennis to be somewhat o
Angela
Lacking real bite despite the vampires

KISSES FROM HELL brings together five popular young adult paranormal authors with short stories about love and vampires. Similar to the companion anthologies that came before it (LOVE IS HELL, PROM NIGHTS FROM HELL, and VACATIONS FROM HELL), this book is composed of five different tales, each centered loosely around the title's theme. Different from the other volumes, however, this book focuses on vampires only, instead of a wider host of paranormal creature
Ashley
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars.
I found this collection of shorts at Dollar Tree. I recognized three of the authors names but only one is the reason that I decided to waste my dollar.

“Sunshine” by Richelle Mead (66 pgs) - 4 Stars
Mead is the reason that I bought the book as I love her Vampire Academy series. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that her short story was set in the world of VA. This was a nice back story. You don’t have to read it to follow the overall VA story line but it was a nice vi
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
Sunshine by Richelle Mead - 2.3/5 stars
I haven't read any of these short stories except for the one by Richelle Mead, so my rating is only for this novella alone, not the whole book.

Sunshine is the last novella from Vampire Academy universe I haven't yet read, so I was very excited and curious. I have to say, while I loved both The Meeting and Homecoming, this one wasn't really so great. What I got was disappointing cliche romance story with rich privileged boy and shy, kind girl who's just so d
Liz
Jun 13, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book gets 4 stars for the 4 stories that were pretty good!

In "Sunshine" by Richelle Mead we get a look a very sweet, very cute little story. I enjoyed this one. Especially since I was having VA withdrawal. If you're a fan of the Vamp Academy series, then this short story is a must! ~ 4 STARS

Story #2 was by far my absolute favourite! "Bring Me to Life" by Alyson Noel was AMAZING! First of all...ALYSON ~ YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE A VAMPIRE SERIES!!!!! This was a great story that was cut waaaa
Katie
Nov 17, 2012 Katie rated it it was ok
Reviewing as I go . . . .

2 stars overall, I guess. Not a great anthology.

"Sunshine" by Richelle Mead
2.5

I liked the beginning of this pretty well, but I was pretty uncomfortable with the guy being paranoid and overprotective without knowing her at all and then being RIGHT about it. Plus, what, so they shouldn't be nice to feeders? That's a great message. And according to the Vampire Academy series, (view spoiler)
Nadia  Islam Nitol
There are 5 stories in total, all written by renowned authors.

Sunshine by Richelle Mead: I never thought I would say something like this about one of Mead's works, but boy was this thing bad. Even a connection with Vampire Academy wasn't enough to make this thing good. That insta-romance made me gag. 1 star for attempt.

Bring Me to Life by Alyson Noel: Kind of predictable. A loner girl gets picked up by an aristocrat art school. The story had good potential but ultimately turned out to be quite d
Abbie
Jul 07, 2012 Abbie rated it did not like it
Terrible.

The problem with most anthologies is that they're uneven - i.e. some of the stories are great and others less so. But nope, not here. They were all just really, really bad.

The stories ranged from utterly bizarre and hard to follow to just plain stupid. Most of them were an unholy mix of the two, and I could barely finish reading. Seriously, I no longer have any desire to read any of these authors' works. My God. I mean, I already hated Kristin Cast's books, but not I'm not sure I want
Say
Mar 21, 2011 Say rated it liked it
Shelves: march-2011-reads
this book of short stories was not bad at all...i actually liked most of the stories in it.

1. sunshine by richelle mead (4 stars). reading this story, one experienced i had was nostalgia. it's like i'm back and reading the vampire academy series again. since i totally adored the series, it was not hard for me to like this one. reading the dragomir surname again...wow memories! i really liked this one.

2. bring me to life by alyson noel (3 stars). i have also read the immortals series by alyson no
Cathy
Oct 23, 2010 Cathy marked it as to-read
An except from the preface:

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this collection will be donated to College Summit, a national nonprofit organization that partners with school districts to increase the college enrollment rate of all students, particularly those from low-income backgrounds.

About college access in America:

Every year, 200,000 students who have the ability to go to college do not enroll.
Low-income students who get As on standardized tests go to college at the same rate as the
N.L. Riviezzo
Sunshine by Richelle Mead - 4 stars - a great little short story about how Lissa Dragomir's parents met.

Bring Me To Life by Alyson Noel - 2 stars - too short, not enough story development for my liking.

Above by Kristin Cast - 1 star - Horrible. I'm convinced that the worst parts of the HoN series are indeed written by Kristin. Her writing style is very lacking.

Hunting Kat by Kelley Armstrong - 3 stars - Another short story about Kat, a genetically altered 16 year old vampire, who is part of the
Emmalee
May 22, 2013 Emmalee rated it did not like it
If you're a teen, or a pre-teen you'd probably like this book a lot better. The only decent stories are Sunshine (Richelle Mead), Hunting Kat by Kelly Armstrong, and Bring me to Life (Alyson Noel). Even Bring Me to Life smacks of the whole twilight everlasting undying love forever movement. (Yes, I know it's paranormal romance, but sometimes are done to death.)

Above by Kristen Cast was so badly written I didn't even bother to finish it. I think it was meant to be written in a more poetic style
Pamela
Aug 08, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Give Sunshine 5 stars, good job, Richelle Mead!

Give Bring Me to Life 2 stars. It was too slow and bizarre, not a good combination.

Give Above 3 stars. Kristin Cast's poetry is misplaced and not much was explained in the story.

Give Hunting Kat 4 stars, amazing work, Kelley Armstrong! I can sense that this is the beginning of a good series! :)

Give Lilith 1 star. I mean, what the hell was that???
Cassie Hawkings
This short story is from the anthology Kisses from Hell.

Sunrise is a prequel story to Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy. The story is set well before the birth of Lissa Dragomir and tells how her parents met and fell in love.

I thought it was incredibly sweet as we don't see Rhea and Eric in the books as they have died prior to the beginning of Vampire Academy, hence we don't know their back story until now. 5 stars.
Angela
Okay, without waxing all poetic, this group of short stories was okay. (p.s. Okay is not a bad thing, it's an okay thing, if ya know what I mean.) My favorite story was written by Francesca Lia Block (which in my humble opinion was the perfect example of a short story done right) and my least favorite was written by Kristin Cast. All the rest fell somewhere in between. And that's what I got to say about that. BOOM!
Taภya
Jul 31, 2015 Taภya rated it liked it
Sunshine—Richelle Mead
3 stars

This story is about how Lissa's parents met, which was quite
interesting.
The only problem was (view spoiler) that's the only bit i didn't like.

But i would recommend this book, it was a good read.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Aug 31, 2010 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it liked it
Shelves: dtb-book
While I really enjoyed Mead, Noel and Armstrong's stories, I have to say that once again Kristin Cast was a disappointment. Not only was her story hard to get into, but truly bizarre! Thankfully the other authors in the book made it worthwhile.
  • Vacations from Hell
  • Eternal: More Love Stories with Bite
  • Love Is Hell
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Teeth: Vampire Tales
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Eternal Lover (Hell on Earth, #2.5; Georgina Kincaid, #2.5)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Dreams and Desires
  • Magic in the Mirrorstone: Tales of Fantasy
  • The Bitten Word
  • Prom Nights from Hell
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)
  • Dying for It: Tales of Sex and Death
  • The Urban Fantasy Anthology
Kristin Cast is a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author who teamed with her mother to write the wildly successful House of Night series. She has editorial credits, a thriving t-shirt line, and a passion for all things paranormal. When away from her writing desk, Kristin loves relaxing with her significant other and their dogs, and discovering new hobbies. This year she'll work on swimming, ...more
More about Kristin Cast...

Short Stories from Hell (7 books)
  • Dates From Hell (The Hollows, #2.5; Otherworld Stories, #5.2)
  • Prom Nights from Hell
  • Holidays Are Hell (The Hollows, #5.5)
  • Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #2.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5)
  • Love Is Hell
  • Vacations from Hell

“Halfway down, Eric stopped and stared at her, an awestruck look in his eyes. “What is it?” she asked.
“Your hair. Even in moonlight . . . it looks like sunshine. I’d never have to go outside again if I was with you.”
She tugged him forward. “I think you hit your head in your heroic struggles.”
“You were the heroic one,” Eric said, stepping around a rock bend. “Reminds me of the stories from Russia my grandmother used to tell me. You know any of them? Vasilisa the Brave?”
“Nope. My family’s from Romania. Never heard of any Vasilisa.” Looking up, Rhea stare up at the sky thoughtfully. “But I kind of like that name.”
5 likes
“Name, please?” he says, or actually, snaps; it sounded way more like a snap, like he’s in a big hurry or something.
“Um, Danika.” I nod. “Danika Kavanaugh?” I say it like a question, as though I’m looking to him to confirm my own name. I roll my eyes and shake my head. Nice to know I’m as big a dork in the UK as I was in the U.S.”
3 likes