Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 (Chi's Sweet Home / チーズスイートホーム)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  1,008 ratings  ·  73 reviews
In the second volume of Chi's Sweet Home, Chi's newworld slowly begins to grow. As Yohei Yamada grows up it is rapidly becoming apparent to his parents that Chi grows up twice as fast!Now moving into the feline version of the terrible twos, Chi's increasingly curious and independent behavoir begins to wear on each member of the Yamada household. Mom's flowers are being shr...more
Published August 24th 2010 by Vertical (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 4 by Kanata KonamiChi's Sweet Home, Volume 5 by Kanata Konami
Elementary Graphic Novel Wishlist
2nd out of 8 books — 5 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollInto the Wild by Erin Hunter
Great "Cat" Books
213th out of 887 books — 404 voters

More lists with this book...

Michael Schmid
Zum Inhalt | 本文 |

Mehr und mehr gewöhne ich mich an meine neue Familie. Papa ist immer so lieb zu mir und Mama kauft mir leckere Sachen und Yohei spielt mit mir. Aber da ist plötzlich noch so ein komisches, großes, dickes Etwas in unserem Garten und dann will mich Papa auch noch einmal zu diesem Folterer bringen …

Aber Chi will das nicht!

Meine Meinung | 私議 |

Der zweite Band schließt wirklich nahtlos an den ersten Band an und man verliebt sich sofort wieder in die süßen, bezaubernden Bilder, welche...more
Nicola Mansfield
June 2011:

An adorable series! And another adorable entry. I didn't find volume 2 quite as hilarious as the first but it was still funny and just as cute. Cute little chapters in which the family is getting used to raising a pet and other's where Chi is exploring and learning about life. He no longer misses his mother and siblings but he does have a couple of flashbacks of things that remind him of that comforting time. While there is no real overarching plot to this volume there is the hanging...more
Kate
Chi's Sweet Home Vol 1- 5 by Kanata Konami.
Children's Comic

Chi is a mischievous newborn kitten who, while on a leisurely stroll with her family, finds herself lost. Separated from the warmth and protection of her mother, feels distraught. Overcome with loneliness she breaks into tears in a large urban park meadow., when she is suddenly rescued by a young boy named Yohei and his mother. The kitty is then quickly and quietly whisked away into the warm and inviting Yamada family apartment...where p...more
Sara
There's a big scary black cat, Chi doesn't want to go to the vet again, and more. Kanata Konami must literally spend her entire life sitting and staring at cats when she's not drawing/writing, because this is probably the most accurate portrayal of kitten-ness I've ever seen. More more more!
Amy
Ok, first off, *I* would not consider Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 to be a five star book. It's cute, but I liked Volume 1 better. I didn't think that this one was as touching, funny, or sweet as the first volume. On the other hand, it was good to see Chi's world expand here, and there was a slight reduction in Chi's "baby talk," which I did appreciate!

My eight year old niece thought that this volume was funnier than the first, however, and at several points she was laughing out loud. The five sta...more
SIMON Karine
J’ai décidé de regrouper ces trois mangas en un seul billet, pour ne pas faire de redite.

Dans ces tomes, nous retrouvons notre adorable petite Chi, toujours aussi marrante, et attachante.

J’ai pris autant de plaisir à lire ces aventures, sans éprouver de lassitude. Ma fille en a fait de même, elle est complètement accro et me demande à grand renfort de sourires, d’acheter la suite.

Nous avons donc succomber, pour notre plus grand plaisir, à la malicieuse Chi.

Ici, nous rencontrons de nouveaux perso...more
Sara
Even cuter and funnier than the first volume. There's more of that vet humor action, and Chi has a big, scary cat invade his house but he sort of ends up being Chi's mentor in The Way of the Cat.
Jen
This edition continues the story of Chi and the Yamada family. While Chi is trying to learn to be a cat, the Yamadas continue to hide Chi from the super as they are not allowed to have pets. When word of cat being seen in the apartments the Yamadas have a panic as they think people are talking about Chi. Fortunately they are talking about a stray black cat and likes to steal food, including Chi's!! While the black cat is annoying it also teaches Chi a few things about being a real cat and not a...more
Karissa
This is a wonderfully cute and funny manga style graphic novel, that is fun for all ages. It is read in the traditional American manner (front to back, left to right).

In the last book Chi got lost from his cat family and was adopted into a household of a young family. Things are still a bit tense as the apartment the family lives in is not supposed to have cats. To add to the tension there is a large black bear-like cat that has been causing trouble around the apartment complex, so the landlady...more
Melanie
Just as cute as the first book in the series, Chi's Sweet Home Volume 2 left me wanting to adopt a kitten. Honestly. Can't wait to read Volume 3.
Kricket
more adorable cartoon cats talking in weird voices.
Charles
Ashdapple
I have to say, I am honestly surprised with this manga series.

Of course, a series about a cat going on a lot of cat-like adventures and experiencing the world isn't anything new, but Chi's Sweet Home definately makes it a lot of fun.

The art style is cute, the colors are vibrant, and it gives you an overall happy feeling. As a big manga reader myself, even though I usually go for a lot more serious mangas, its nice to lay back and let a little silliness run through, you know?

The characters are a...more
Dolly
Dec 16, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
This book is the epitome of Kawaii. The adorable kitten, the sweet nuclear family, the baby talk. Sheesh. I can see how these books became so popular, but I'm not sure if I can read ten of them. Our girls had mixed reactions as well. Our youngest liked the book, but our oldest had a lukewarm reaction. She mentioned that there's a lot of baby talk in this book and they know I hate it when they talk baby talk. Still, Chi is a kitten...

Overall, the illustrations are classically cute manga and the n...more
Sarah Sammis
Chi's Sweet Home 02 by Kanata Konami continues on with these short comedic episodes about Chi and her new family adjusting.

Chi has been taken in by a family who lives in an apartment with a strict no pets policy. With the appearance of a large black cat, the super is on the prowl. This cat knows his way around and has claimed the entire apartment building as his own. Taken in by Chi's curiosity, he decides to show her some of his tricks.

Along with the near misses with the super, there's the more...more
MissAnnThrope
27 April 2013

Any time there is food in my manga, it makes me happier than a pig in mud. Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 2 is filled with Chi's tasty adventures. The coffee and the pancakes are hilarious!

(view spoiler)

I am really loving this series. It just puts me in the best of moods. If I picked my favorite parts of this volume, I would end up listing the entire events of the book. I did laugh the hardest with the nap, miulk, and fever scenes. I just love Ch...more
Reetta Saine
Söpöily- ja elikkomangaa on alkanut ilmestyä taistelevien vampyyrien ja minihameisten teiniongelmaisten rinnalle Suomessakin. Pääsääntöisesti mukava asia, koska nyt pienillekin löytyy tarjontaa.

Kissafanina odotin Chitä innokkaasti, vaikka perinteisempää "kissasarjakuvaa" riittää Simonista Fingerporin ja Blacksadin kautta Karviseen saakka. Chi ei ole pettymys. Piirrosjälki on kissanpentumaisen pehmeää ja jutut juuri niin hömelöitä kuin aiheesta irti saa. Alkava ystävyys naapurustoa terrorisoivan...more
Nada
Its getting more & more deeper in the daily life of an adorable kitty. The funny expressions on it face makes me crack up every time also I really like the family :)
Freelfe
Vous ne connaissez pas Chi, cette adorable boule de poil qui fera craquer les grands comme les petits ? Le premier manga que, même ceux qui n'aiment pas particulièrement ça, liront !

Chi est un manga jeunesse qui se lit super vite, beaucoup trop. On peut aussi dire qu'il y a très peu de bulle à lire ! Chi est un donc un chaton qui découvre le monde avec sa famille adoptive. C'est mignon tout plein et la centaine de page se dévore en une vingtaine de minute pour un lecteur assidu.

Le point négatif...more
Mary
Cat lovers of all ages will adore this series. Chi is so much like my cats. She especially shares their hatred of going to the vet. I can't get enough of these.
marise
Adorable livre de la perspective du chaton.
J'ai surtout aimé la partie à propos de 'dulè'.
Christine K
more of the same. Chi and his family are so cutely drawn that I'll keep reading their antics.
Saoirse
Mignon comme tout! J'ai bien aimé le personnage du gros chat gris j'espère qu'on le reverra.
Eveymorgan
Este manga no puede ser más cuco y adorable. Para mí imprescindible.
Monica
Pensaba que Chi era insuperable..pero me encanta el gato negro a la par
Lisa
the cat is adorable makes me want one of my own
Brian
fun little cat manga that my kids are loving
Samantha
love these books!
Rebecca
These are entertaining but not my favorites. I'll read the next one because I already got it from the library, but probably won't hunt down any further volumes.
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Bunny Drop 6 (Bunny Drop, #6)
  • Owly, Vol. 2: Just a Little Blue
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Neko Ramen: Hey! Order Up!
  • A Bride's Story 03
Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 5 Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 6