Start by marking “House of Dimon” as Want to Read:
House of Dimon

House of Dimon

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A behind-the-scenes look at Wall Street's top bankerFollowing the eleventh-hour rescue of Bear Stearns by JP Morgan, Jamie Dimon's profile reached stratospheric levels. And while the deals and decisions he's made have usually turned out to be the right ones, his journey to the top of the financial world has been anything but easy.

Now, in "The House of Dimon, " former busin...more
Published March 23rd 2009 by Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about House of Dimon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Dimon

John
A decent biography of Jamie Dimon, the dynamo who rose to the top of the financial world as President of Citibank only to be cut off at the knees by his patron Sandy Weill and then triumphantly return atop JP Morgan. This is not only a great comeback story but, as with Walter Issacson's Steve Jobs biography, there is a delightful bit of revenge. Citibank and Weill stumbled. They should have never let Dimon get away.
The problem with this panegryic is that it pays a lot of homage, highlights every...more
Mardel Fehrenbach
This not particularly good but I gave it an okay rating because it was a quick reading and interesting reminder that all is not what it seems on the news and from the mouths of our legislators. Ms. Crisafulli writes with almost breathless adoration and there is little in this book that is not available from clippings in the WSJ, other papers, and company reports. Still it is timely, a quick read, and a reminder that not everyone was so caught up in the finance bubble that they were blind to the...more
Matthew
Eh. Its very light on details, and while it tells you where its going all the time, it never gets into as much detail as it could. For instance, the book never gets into what Consumer Credit (the company Sandy Weil and Dimon turned into Citigroup) actually did - did they have credit cards? Store cards? Finance auto loans? It was described that they were involved in credit for consumers, but what doesn't that cover? I have no idea.
Michael Harris
Friends of the HHI Library store. Fits my profile, biographies of interesting people. Kind of a puff piece from a Jammie Dimon fan. The business, politics and regulatory nonsense makes me very happy that I am retired and don't have to deal with those things much any more.
Ana
Being a fan of all things Dimon I am biased. The best lessons from this book were the little glimpses into Jamie Dimon's leadership style. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in a broad view of what makes sense in business and a different look at leadership.
Andrew
This book is phenominal not simply because it is about a businessman who brought a company from good to great, but it doubles as an amazing leadership "fable" that everyone should have on their shelves along next to Patrick Lencioni's books.
David
I read this hoping for some insight into Dimon's thinking. I didn't expect a complete fluff piece about his career. There is no real discussion of his approach to regulations, nevermind insight on his management style, strategies, and methodology.
Lori Igleski
I worked at Bank One when Jamie came to town. I left in mid-2007. I am proud to have been part of the integration team he compares to the 101st Airborne. The account is accurate, but very repetitive and too long for the depth of the analysis.
Duff
I've just completed a book on Dimon myself, and was terrified that this one was coming out six months before my own. After reading it, I could not have been more pleased. It's the worst kind of clip job imaginable. The author should be embarrassed.
Jonathan S.
an okay biography, there is a better one of him on the market.
Andrew Boord
Aug 30, 2009 Andrew Boord is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: banking
Not bad. Short on details.
Ann
Not a criticism in this book so you might think it is unbalanced but I don't. We need a hero for our age and Dimon has integrity and shutzpa to lead with bravery. It is an easy to understand light history of the happenings of Wall Street.
Armand
Armand added it
Sep 24, 2014
Crtw
Crtw marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Kelvin
Kelvin added it
May 25, 2014
Adam Wallace
Adam Wallace marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Maxwell Burns
Maxwell Burns is currently reading it
Feb 09, 2014
Ellada Arakelova
Ellada Arakelova marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Amandla Ooko-ombaka
Amandla Ooko-ombaka marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rwanda, Inc.: How a Devastated Nation Became an Economic Model for the Developing World The House of Dimon: How JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon Rose to the Top of the Financial World Inspired Every Day: Essays & Stories to Brighten Your Day, Give You Hope, & Strengthen Your Faith Comebacks: Powerful Lessons from Leaders Who Endured Setbacks and Recaptured Success on Their Terms Otra vez de pie: Lecciones de líderes que sufrieron fracasos y reconquistaron el éxito en sus propios términos