Start by marking “Island of Refuge (Coast of Maine, #2)” as Want to Read:
Island of Refuge (Coast of Maine, #2)

Island of Refuge (Coast of Maine, #2)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
On a morning in late summer Peter Glass arrives on the island, tired, sick and fleeing for his life. He meets Naomi, Zoe, and Jo. In a matter of only a few hours he develops a special friendship with Jo. When Jo is found murdered the following day, Peter is devastated. Into this mix Philip returns with promises to Naomi and Zoe that he will stay with them this time. Even t ...more
Published January 29th 1999 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about Island of Refuge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island of Refuge

Dale Harcombe
Jun 23, 2016 Dale Harcombe rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this atmospheric, brooding novel. It is set on a small island off the coast of Maine. I seem to have a fascination with books about Maine, not sure why. Peter Glass who has issues of guilt arrives on Lambs Island and ends up being taken in by those who live in the old church. Peter settles into the island lifestyle with this collection of characters all of whom have issues or secrets from their past. But when Jo, a young woman who arrives on the island with her baby, dies after Peter b ...more
Eric Wright
One of Linda Hall's best books, if not the best. Set in small lonely island off the coast of Maine, an eccentric cast of characters end up living in a dilapidated and unused church. Each character is drawn expertly and each character hides a secret. Why did Peter Glass flee Alberta? Who is this strange young woman named Jo? Why does Naomi put up with her rarely seen husband? What is going on in the mind of Jeremiah as he peruses the extensive theological library. And what about Colin...and other ...more
Marilyn
Oct 05, 2012 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Island of Refuge by Linda Hall, was all that I expected of it, and more. I liked the twists and turns in the plot, and I felt connected to the characters, particularly the "Church people."

I have had this book sitting on a shelf, for quite a while now. I recently picked it up, and wondered why I had not read it yet. whatever the reason, I am happy that it was still there waiting for me. It was an enjoyable read, and I did not figure out the "who done it," right away.

I thought Ms. Hall created th
Stephanie Whitson
Aug 04, 2015 Stephanie Whitson rated it really liked it
Could not put it down. Read in one day.
Sheila
Jun 12, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it
The story line in this book is amazing it makes you think its one person when its another. Its about a handful of lost people that come together as family in a broken down church and one of the islanders is killed. Everyone suspects everyone and once more and more happens they all think they have it solved to find out they were wrong. The story keeps you guessing.
Shea
Feb 02, 2011 Shea added it
Shelves: 3rd-quarter
This book was okay. I Wasnt that into it as much as other books.
THis guy, is homeless, and then ends up at this church with 4 other girls. One of the girls has a little baby. Her name is Jo. One day, Jo disappeared. She might have been killed. Kinapped. But nobody knows. They go searching for her. If you wana learn more, read the book.
Kim
This was a good book. Naomi and Zoe are distraught as police begin an extensive investigation of a friend's death.
Jul 30, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Again, another really good book by Linda Hall. I enjoy her style of writing and the plot of the book was really good.
Meredith Pocius
Meredith Pocius marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Wall-to-wall books - wendy
Wall-to-wall books - wendy rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Apr 25, 2016
Myron Bancroft, Jr
Myron Bancroft, Jr rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Glenda
Glenda added it
Mar 20, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Alison Gracely
Alison Gracely marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Natalie Orndorf
Natalie Orndorf is currently reading it
Dec 28, 2015
Felicia Albrecht
Felicia Albrecht rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Barbara Booth
Barbara Booth marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Rebecca Wright
Rebecca Wright is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2015
Val Wittek
Val Wittek rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor