Buttermilk

Buttermilk (Serendipity)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  321 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Buttermilk the bunny thinks she sees scary monsters while trying to find her way home after dark, but the light of day puts things in a different perspective.
Other Format, 0 pages
Published October 1st 1999 by Sagebrush Education Resources (first published 1986)

Lindsey
It's been years since I've read this book but the beautiful illustrations still stick with me. The entire Serendipity series was centered around a variety of moral and life lessons. Buttermilk is about being afraid of the unknown and using knowledge to conquer fear.

My favorite part of the story involves Buttermilk the bunny finding out that a dreaded dragon is only a willow tree... but if you look closely in the illustrations, there's a tiny, adorable dragon in the picture. Definitely a good boo...more
Shelli
This is a wonderful book series for kids that want to work toward reading chapter books but are not quiet there yet. Every other page has a beautiful illustration next to a page that is not overwhelming with text.

In this story Buttermilk is on her way home to her bunny burrow when night comes sooner than anticipated. So many scary things hid in the shadows at night, and Buttermilk fears her fast feet are not fast enough to get her to safety.
Lauren
jacky
I remember this cover, so I'm pretty sure I read this one since I liked Squeakers so much.
♥angela♥
this was my favorite book as a child and the illustrations where beautiful.
Helen
Jan 07, 2009 Helen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all ages-
Read it, and you will find out.
Nakya
the bunny's are cute
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Brandy
Brandy added it
Jun 09, 2014
Joni Chism
Joni Chism marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Sara
Sara added it
May 15, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Michele Payne
Michele Payne marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
  • The Pinkish, Purplish, Bluish Egg
  • Little Miss Giggles
  • The Market Square Dog
  • ABC ZooBorns!
  • Mister Dog:  The Dog Who Belonged to Himself (Little Golden Book)
  • The Mystery of the Monster Movie (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #8)
Serendipity Leo the Lop (reissue) Flutterby Morgan and Me (Serendipity) Bangalee