Start by marking “Gus Openshaw's Whale-Killing Journal: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Gus Openshaw's Whale-Killing Journal: A Novel

Gus Openshaw's Whale-Killing Journal: A Novel

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Moby-Dick for the blog generation.

Cat food cannery worker Gus Openshaw has one goal in life: to kill a whale. Not just any whale, but a big, blubbery whale that ate his wife, child, and arm during a vicious and unprovoked attack.

With a rickety boat and a heavily restrictive whale-hunting license, Gus sets out to exact his revenge. Along the way, Gus keeps an online journ
Published April 3rd 2006 by MacAdam Cage (first published March 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Gus Openshaw's Whale-Killing Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gus Openshaw's Whale-Killing Journal

Meen
Dec 14, 2008 Meen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everybody except overly sensitive PETA people.
Recommended to Meen by: It was on the $1 clearance shelf at Page & Palette.
I was going to start The Brothers Karamazov, but the copy I have has what must be 3 point font or something, and my eyes just can't handle that. I'll have to save that potential white whale (Is that even a proper allusion? I've never actually read Moby Dick.) for my next glasses prescription and just go with this one instead.

Final Update: This is the funniest story I've ever read. GR needs to make a rating for "I loved it so much I would marry it!" Seriously, most every page had at least a sente
Edward
Book in the form of Blog enties following Gus and his odd ball crew as they sail the seas trying to kill the whale that killed Gus' familly. Run ins with gun runners, drug lords, Greenpeace, and various Navies. Excelent summer read.
Aemelie
Jun 08, 2007 Aemelie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids with sick humor
bahahaha.
its super fun.

mody dick played out today.
Jana
If you like sarcasm, you will love this book
Alicia
for those who truly like silly tales
Bean
Dec 28, 2009 Bean rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: MOM
Recommended to Bean by: james
This book is hilarious!!
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Madison Mcdonald
Madison Mcdonald marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
msleighm
msleighm marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Doreen Hyndman
Doreen Hyndman marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Keith Thomson
Oct 12, 2013 Keith Thomson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2013
Jack
Jack marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2012
Gwenette
Gwenette marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
Doug Segrest
Doug Segrest marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Keith Thomson has been a semi-pro baseball player in France an editorial cartoonist for Newsday and a screenwriter. Now a resident of Alabama, he writes about intelligence and other matters for The Huffington Post. His novels include Once a Spy, a New York Times Best Seller, Twice a Spy and Pirates of Pensacola.
More about Keith Thomson...
Once a Spy Twice a Spy 7 Grams of Lead Pirates of Pensacola What Was Your Great Grandmother's Name?