Bloody London

Bloody London (Artie Cohen #3)

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Thomas Pascoe, a super-rich, elderly investment banker, is found gorily murdered on the day he was due to return to London, floating in the pool of the most exclusive apartment block in New York. As head of the co-op board, Pascoe had his say in who got to live in the block — and who didn’t. But could that really be a motive for his murder?
Published July 18th 2006 by Arrow (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Bloody London, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloody London

Martha
There's a reason so many of the pull quotes on the back covers of Nadelson's books mention Raymond Chandler -- she's got his amazing sense of the internal life of her characters, and writes desire and hopelessness and inevitably almost as well as he did. The best thing about her, though, is that she does all that without a single overt reference, or attempt at aping Chandler's style. She's just good.

[I'm burning through this series, and Bloody London is the high point so far -- finally, the plot...more
Janellyn51
This is the first book I've read in this series. I really enjoyed it. I think that Nadelson is very good at writing dialogue in the way that Dennis Lehane is. I liked the Artie character, and I enjoyed the story. I thought it was suspenseful. I thought the Frankie character was intriguing. I thought the London real estate info was interesting. The only thing I can't figure, is it would seem to me, that if something begins to take on an air of terrorism, it seems to me if would be a matter for MI...more
David Wyatt
Rarely do I start reading a book that I am unable to finish, however Reggie Nadelson's "Bloody London" was just a book. I like the general premise of the plot, I liked the direction that it was heading. However I could not become engulfed with the book because the dialogue was so scrambled to me. I was unable to get a clear picture of any of the characters or the surroundings.

I tend to avoid dialogue heavy, lack of narrative books. I'm sure that if you are the opposite you may enjoy this work....more
Barbara
Still reading. Just started last night. I think I have, courtesy of NYTimes review, stumbled upon a new (to me) fabulous mystery series. a) its set in New York City b) the hero, Archie Cohen is tough and fabulous and c) the writing style is Raymond Chandler-esque. I think I'm set for a bit on what to read next. THANK GOD!

Finished. Eh. Not that great. I sort of lost track of who was who, and oddly enough for a mystery thriller kept falling asleep while reading. I would say it was ALMOST good.
Bibliophile
I really like Nadelson. She's so good at that hard-boiled thing. I love the atmoshpere in the Russian neighbourhoods her characters frequent. I love the characters too, though I'm having second thoughts about Artie after this one. His girlfriend goes on a trip without asking for his permission so he sleeps with other women? Oh come on. I liked the parts that are set in NYC, but kind of drifted off for the London parts. There's too much going on. Disappointing.
Larry
nice enough, i couldn't find the first couple in my library, but this was a decent introduction to the Cohen series. I'll definitely look for more.
Ashley

Review posted on the backstage book lover Friday November 30 and here on Saturday December 1 2011.
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Varulven
Varulven marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Manlio Fasce fernandez
Manlio Fasce fernandez marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Heather Simone
Heather Simone marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Amy Ingle
Amy Ingle is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2013
Benplouviez
Benplouviez marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2013
Chris Ripley
Chris Ripley marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Christina Henderson
Christina Henderson marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Matt Lambert
Matt Lambert marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Deanne
Deanne marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Reggie Nadelson is a New Yorker who also makes her home in London. She is a journalist and documentary film-maker. She is the author of the critically acclaimed series featuring Artie Cohen, Moscow-born New Yorker and the first great post-Cold War cop.

Series:
* Artie Cohen
More about Reggie Nadelson...
Disturbed Earth Comrade Rockstar: The Life and Mystery of Dean Reed, the All-American Boy Who Brought Rock 'n' Roll to the Soviet Unio Londongrad Blood Count Red Hook: An Artie Cohen Mystery (Artie Cohen Mysteries)