Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9

Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9 (Secrets Volume #9)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Description: Kathryn Anne Dubois - Wild For You
When rich, and very spoiled, college intern, Georgie, gets lost and is captured by the elusive Wildman of the Congo; she soon discovers that this terrifying specimen of male virility has never seen a woman. Oh, the research possibilities are endless! Until he tells her, without the words that he doesn't yet possess, that he ha...more
Published 2003 by Red Sage Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets

Dina
Dec 09, 2009 Dina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dina by: Agent Scully
This anthology contains 4 short stories, but my rating is for 2 stories only:

Wild For You by Kathryn Anne Dubois (no rating)
I didn't read this story because I knew there's cheating in it. Bill Clinton doesn't agree with my definition of cheating, but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Wanted by Kimberly Dean (4 stars)
This was a fun read with a sexy (but slightly incompetent) hero and a smart and resourceful heroine. The mystery/suspense was weak and its resolution was kind of disappointing...more
Kathrynn
Bought this for the Lisa Marie Rice story, but all four were longer short stories than typically found in this type of anthology. All were modern and erotic:

1. Wild for You by Kathryn Anne Dubois was set in Africa. A college professor and a few of his students were living in a village to study the plant and animal life when a very spoiled and pampered Georgie wonders off and gets lost in the jungle.

Georgia encounters poachers meant to harm her when she gets rescued by a very hunky “Tarzan.” "Ta...more
Verodarling Melani
"Wild for You" - 2 stars. This story didn't really offer any surprises for me in terms of plot (well, maybe a little unpleasant one). The spoiled rich girl and the wild man (who supposedly loves her but...)were not characters I felt sympathy for or even liked. It felt like something I would have wrote at 15, just a fantasy which transformed into a story becomes unrealistic, obviously .

"Wanted" - 5 stars, even if it's far from perfect. But the tension, both sexual and otherwise, and even the emo...more
Angela
Wild For You by Kathryn Anne Dubois
An okay story, with a few hot scenes. Our hero "Tarzan" is not faithful to our heroine, but as far as he knew his "Jane" had left him, so -- In any case, it was an enjoyable fantasy in the What If category.

Wanted by Kimberly Dean
Realistic? um, no. But full of fun and hot scenes? Yes. I pick this as my favorite of this book.

Secluded by Lisa Marie Rice
I got a bit annoyed at the writing in this one...could have benefitted from some tighter editing. The story was...more
Tori Macallister
Let me make perfectly clear that my star rating is purely for the Lisa Marie Rice novella (3rd in the book). The first story was horrific - poorly written about this Tarzan-type man and it actually included an unfaithful hero and an incest scene! I honestly got the impression it was written in the 1970s and just thrown in this book. The romantic suspense story was good and the final story bored me so much it was a DNF. Lisa Marie Rice's story was very her, and seemed like a prototype for Dangero...more
Gee
This is one of the better anthologies I've ever read.

Secluded by Lisa Marie Rice --- 5 stars

Flights of Fancy by Bonnie Hamre ---- 3 1/2 stars
I liked this story. But I couldn't give it 4 stars b/c she has sex with a guy immediately before she decides she loves another one. ?? She didn't really know what love is enough to love someone.

Wild For You by Kathryn Ann Dubois ---- 4 stars
Who among us hasn't dreamed of being Jane when we watched an old Tarzan movie?

Wanted by Kimberly Dean ---- 4 stars
Rhapsody
Jun 19, 2008 Rhapsody rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lisa Marie Rice fans, erotica readers
I read Lisa Marie Rice's story in this. Pretty standard stuff, for her; a tough, jaded man who has a lot of wealth and influence falls for a beautiful younger woman, but his situation won't allow for anything more than an affair of a few weeks. I was disappointed. Everything happened too fast, both the hero making his move and the heroine acceding. What I enjoy in romance novels is the development of the relationship, not the erotic scenes.
Jodi Dewynter
First off, I'm not a fan of short stories. I chose this book because I needed something light and fluffy to read. This book did not fall into that category for me. I found all of the leading men in all of the short stories to be extremely possessive and needlessly demanding. There were 2 stories that had what I consider to be rape (when the woman says no and the man
Powers on through). All in all not a good choice for me.
Mandy Beyers
Four hot stories: a FBI agent chases a suspect by day, and fantasizes about her by night. A college girl gets lost in the jungle and is rescued by a wild man - who's never seen a girl before! A fantasy cruise where first names and occupations are the only introductions... and a man with enemies who bargains with a father for a few weeks with the woman he wants. Each story is unique and each is HOT!
Stacie
Aug 29, 2010 Stacie added it
A collection of erotica romance stories with authors Lisa Marie Rice - Very wealth, crime dude gone legit and bad guys went revenge against him and anyone he loves, Bonnie Hamre - cruise setting with woman receiving her secret fantasy, Kimberly Dean - FBI Agent theme chasing an innocent set up as a criminal, Kathryn Anne Dubois - Tarzan theme.
Fabiola Chenet
Just read Lisa Marie Rice's novella. Good but the end is a little too fast and frustrating.
Janice
Apr 23, 2013 Janice marked it as to-read
sony
Jeri
Jeri added it
Jul 29, 2014
Val Paquette
Val Paquette marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
susan
susan marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Fantasylover
Fantasylover marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Margie Consorte
Margie Consorte marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014