Start by marking “The Sunday Morning Wife (Peace in the Storm Publishing Presents)” as Want to Read:
The Sunday Morning Wife (Peace in the Storm Publishing Presents)

The Sunday Morning Wife (Peace in the Storm Publishing Presents)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  162 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The old saying is true. You never know what's going on in someone else's home. From the outside looking in, Yolanda Clarke appears to have it all. She's a beautiful woman, and her husband, Timothy, is the pastor of BrightStar Tabernacle. They seem to have the perfect life. But, looks are certainly deceiving. Yolanda has become a puppet on a string, totally controlled by Ti ...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Peace in the Storm Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Sunday Morning Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sunday Morning Wife

Shavonna Futrell
Nov 28, 2014 Shavonna Futrell rated it it was amazing
Very emotional book that I really enjoyed and recommend.
Shanae
I have to give "The Sunday Morning Wife" a measly 3 stars because I feel that Rice's writing was average. There was nothing shocking or remotely interesting about the story. I felt that there would be more to it based on the synopsis, but the text itself really bored me and I found myself skipping over sections of the book in an effort to finish the damn thing.

The novel was marketed as contemporary Christian fiction, and I guess Rice succeeded at that goal. She wrote a "Christian" novel about a
Iamshawnda Hamilton
Mar 08, 2014 Iamshawnda Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Let me Start off by saying this is the first Christian Fiction Novel that I have read with that being said the content of this book was greatly developed the twist and turns in this story was unbelievable,and it was written so well that I felt like I was apart of the story as it was being told. It was not predictable by the least bit but yet it was informative, eye opening, jaw dropping and thought provoking. The Sunday Morning Wife speaks to the hearts of abuse woman everywhere as well as it sp ...more
Valarie
Oct 17, 2015 Valarie rated it liked it
I liked this book and it was a good read especially since October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and this book deals with domestic violence. It just goes to show you how Prayer and faith can work in any situation. And it shows how we never know the secrets some people may be living with. Everything that looks good and perfect on the outside may not necessarily be that way on the inside as the charade of a marriage between Rev. Timothy and Yolanda prove. While Rev. Timothty tried to beat su ...more
Sistar Tea
Mar 06, 2010 Sistar Tea rated it it was amazing
The other side of the pulpit

Author Pamela D Rice has brought us readers a touching and very convincing story. This is someone’s real life story even if the job occupation is different. Mrs. Rice nails this one right on the head. You will be screaming at main character Yolanda Clarke and love to hate her husband Pastor Timothy Clarke. The physical and mental abuse that is written about this book I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy …it’s that harsh. Mrs. Rice will leave you with a better understandi
Victorious Cafe
Jan 30, 2011 Victorious Cafe rated it liked it
As a founder of a nonprofit that advocates on the behalf of women and children survivors of domestic violence – I was eager to read The Sunday Morning Wife. Rice does not disappoint.

Yolanda Clarke wakes up each day to mental, physical and emotional abuse from her husband, Pastor Timothy Clarke. He is adored by his congregation as most pastors are. However, he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and the only person who knows is his wife, his mistress and Andre, the man who becomes his wife’s lover.

Timo
OOSA
Mar 20, 2011 OOSA rated it liked it
Seasons,

From the outside looking in, it appears Pastor Timothy Clarke and First Lady Yolanda have it all. Nothing could be further from the truth. Pastor is physically, mentally and emotionally abusive as well as an adulterer. Yolanda has tried to be the humbly obedient wife he demands, but it's hard when she fears for her life.

Andre Hunter has made himself known to First Lady Yolanda. While she knows that her thoughts are wrong, she can't help but wonder how it would feel to be truly loved. As
Joey Pinkney
Apr 28, 2010 Joey Pinkney rated it it was amazing
Trixie Fontaine
I feel compelled to borrow a book monthly to make the most of my Amazon Prime membership and I didn't want to take a lot of time selecting one, and I've never read anything in this particularly specific and violent romance sub-genre, so I downloaded the sample for it and was immediately sucked in. Yes, I was just plain entertained by it: money, FOOD, sex, violence, and preaching.

I wish she would have objectified/described Andre's hot body and stuff more towards the end and that the typos and pr
Shelby P
Apr 12, 2012 Shelby P rated it did not like it
I had a very strong reaction to this book. So much so that my first review did not meet the review guidelines. So I'll try again.

My biggest issue with the plot was the fact that Yolanda is an abused wife who counsels other abused women to leave their bad situation but she won't leave hers. Yolanda is college educated, has the means and support to leave her husband, does not have any kids and yet she feels the need to stay in her abusive relationship just to keep up with appearances??? If someone
Shalone Anderson
Apr 08, 2013 Shalone Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
I loved it! The Sunday Morning Wife had me going. I mean my emotions were all over the place. Poor Yolonda she took a lot from that stinkin husband of hers. I love it when there is a really good guy that outshines the sorry men in the story and _____ out shined stinkin' excuse for a husband pastor selfish (that's not his name, but that's the nicest name I can think of). Pamela D Rice did it with this one honey. It makes you wonder what really does on behind some of those "church wives" doors. I ...more
Bree
Jan 25, 2015 Bree rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome read. It was great from start to finish. Timothy was such a hypocrite preaching the word and not living by it. You should practice what you preach. You just trust and believe God will take care of the rest.
Kim Potts-Walker
Domestic violence is never ok

This book is a great read!!!! I will recommend to all it held my attention from beginning to end. Happy and angry
Anglia
Dec 27, 2014 Anglia rated it it was amazing
This is a MUST read! It captures you from page 1!! I started reading and couldn't stop! I read it a day and a half!
Stacey Price
May 01, 2014 Stacey Price rated it it was amazing
I think this was a very well written book, and it kept my attention from the start to finish.
Latoya Scott
Aug 04, 2013 Latoya Scott rated it it was amazing
I can't begin to explain! This book was an amazing read from start to finish. The author evoked raw emotions through sharing the pain that Yolanda endured as she was subjected to abuse. What amazed me was that even though Yolanda committed sins that made her just as guilty, there was still room for her to grow, see the errors of her ways, and bask in the goodness and mercy of our great heavenly Father. This book keeps you on edge and at the end you are completely satisfied with how God works thi ...more
Aimee Grantling
I love this book
Shawntay F
Feb 26, 2011 Shawntay F rated it really liked it
I literally read this book in the course of one day. I just could not put it down. I was drawn into the story. There were a few suprises that I did not expect and I loved that. I wasn't fond of the fact that the main character Yolanda dished out advice to someone else that she should have taken herself. I guess it really is "do as I say not as I do".
MZURAQT
Mar 09, 2014 MZURAQT marked it as to-read
Great Read!!! This is my first christian novel and I loved it .Would said you couldn't enjoy a book that didn't have cursing lol.It a had great drama and a great message. I also loved the fact that it shows that even when you down you can get back up again even when we cant see our way.Can't wait to read more from this author.
Lady Krystal
Dec 27, 2013 Lady Krystal rated it it was ok
This was one of the most drama-filled books I have ever read...I really liked it. I was surprised by a lot of things that happened throughout the story. I still don't understand why women stay in relationships such as the one that Yolanda was in with Timothy. I don't get it. I was glad with the way the story ended.
Shamieka
Aug 29, 2011 Shamieka rated it liked it
I read this book in oneday. I found it to be really entertaining and kept me wanting more. One part of the book was a little "unreal", but for the most part it was believable. This was my first book by this author, and I am curious to see what else she has written.
Desiree Watson
Jan 20, 2013 Desiree Watson rated it really liked it
This book is about a preacher who gets up in the pulpit every Sunday, but behind closed doors at home he physically abuses his wife. It is a wake up call to let people see that everything is not always what it seems. Read: 2010. (Kindle)
Linda
Jul 14, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. This well-written book kept you wanting more and more. It was realistic. I cannot wait to read more from this amazing author. For avid readers: you must read it!
For so-so readers: you must read it!
Tamekai Mills
Apr 17, 2013 Tamekai Mills rated it liked it
A good fast paced read. However, the gullibility of the characters were not believable. Good premise, but I feel the author should have interjected some credible responses to the main plot lines in the book.
Pamela
Jul 08, 2011 Pamela rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading the book. The main character showed grit and the ability to overcome a desperate situation. I don't agree with her having an affair, but I did enjoy the story.
Anishafan
Feb 21, 2010 Anishafan rated it it was amazing
One of the best I have ever read. If you like that contains a combination of drama and spiritual lessons this is the book for you. You will not want to put it down!
Michelle Bass
Jun 29, 2013 Michelle Bass rated it it was amazing
Pamela did it again! Yolanda being a battered wife and First Lady. And and counselor! Alls I know like Yolanda nothing is to hard for God
Lena
Dec 03, 2010 Lena is currently reading it
I'm sorry, but this is not a good book. It is predictable, poorly written and had many, many typos throughout.
Tammy
Nov 16, 2010 Tammy added it
this was a very good book, makes you think of what really goes on in the pastors home.
Shone
Sep 03, 2011 Shone rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: kindle-ed
One has to learn to forgive them self first; the accept the forgiveness of God.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Inspired Moments ...: Book of the Month of June 2012 3 5 Jun 28, 2012 01:25AM
Reading Group Questions 1 12 Apr 28, 2011 08:25PM
  • Last Temptation
  • AN Inconvenient Friend
  • Sins of the Mother
  • Scandals
  • The Last Woman Standing
  • Coming Home (Winds Of Change #1)
  • The Bishop's Daughter
  • Divine Intervention (Hallelujah Love #7)
  • Song of Solomon
  • Friend and Lover
  • The Darker the Berry the Deeper the Roots
  • Where Did We Go Wrong?
  • Every Woman Has a Price
  • Deception
  • Dirty DNA
  • Welfare Grind
  • Devil's Gonna Get Him (Tamara Hayle, #2)
  • My True Essence