Start by marking “The Case of the Exploding Plumbing and Other Mysteries (Encyclopedia Brown)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Exploding Plumbing and Other Mysteries (Encyclopedia Brown)

The Case of the Exploding Plumbing and Other Mysteries (Encyclopedia Brown #11)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  772 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Match Wits With The World's Greatest Boy Sleuth A huge footprint in the soft earth . . . counterfeit money in a bird's nest . . . a threatening letter . . . an exploding toilet . . . a missing silver dollar . . . and a stolen newspaper clipping that could be valuable! These are the only traces left at the scene of ten brain-twisting crimes that Encyclopedia Brown must solv ...more
Published 1974 by Scholastic

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Exploding Plumbing and Other Mysteries

Joy
These are all fun reads that make you think. RL3 or thereabouts; so it's like the detective above Nate the Great. I have started to give these books to my eldest nephew (who is now 7) and he is enjoying them.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I recommend Encyclopedia Brown. I was 8 when I first encountered this series. I loved it. It was recommended by a boy that I liked. What I liked about these books is that it taught me how to think before making wild guesses. Each book had several cases which were easy to read and follow for a child. I recommend this to any parent looking for helping their child to use logic and deductive reasoning. Great on how to look at relevant facts at a child's level.
Nancy St. Clair
My daughter and I love reading these together. It's great practice for her to hone her listening and reasoning skills in order to pick up on any clue that help solve the mystery. Besides, I love rereading and becoming reacquainted with Encyclopedia Brown and company.
Sharon
I've not been much of a mystery fan as an adult, but I loved this series, and read the ones in our library several times.
Maggie
I can never figure out any of the Encyclopedia Brown mysteries before I finish them!
Shayne
Not as cool this time around as I remembered from my youth. Sorry, Encyclopedia.
Jason Ruggles
This was my first Encyclopedia Brown book. I thought it was pretty fun.
Erin
hmmm, i really don't think kids get into so many problems
Monique
I got like two!!! So happy:):)
Mike
Fun book that I read with the kids.
Cws
JMAR4-Sob
Che
Che marked it as to-read
Aspen Cooper
Aspen Cooper marked it as to-read
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Bea
Bea added it
Jun 30, 2015
Alex
Alex added it
Jun 27, 2015
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Summer S
Summer S marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
  • The Great Brain Is Back (Great Brain #8)
  • Louis Braille: The Boy Who Invented Books for the Blind
  • Detective Stories
  • The Pizza Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #33)
  • The Wounded Buzzard on Christmas Eve (Hank the Cowdog, #13)
  • The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries, #17)
  • Nate the Great and the Stolen Base
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • The Birthday Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #20)
  • The Secret Secret Passage (Clue, #2)
  • The Ghost of Windy Hill
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...

Encyclopedia Brown (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Gets His Man (Encyclopedia Brown, #4)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Saves the Day
  • Encyclopedia Brown Tracks Them Down (Encyclopedia Brown, #8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Shows the Way (Encyclopedia Brown, #9)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Case (Encyclopedia Brown, #10)
Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1) Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2) Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Cake! (Encyclopedia Brown, #15 1/2) Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5) Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)