The Research Methods Knowledge Base

The Research Methods Knowledge Base

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Thoroughly updated, the third edition of The Research Methods Knowledge Base provides coverage of quantitative methods and enhanced coverage of qualitative methods. It can be used in a variety of disciplines and is ideal for an introductory comprehensive undergraduate or graduate level course. Through its conversational, informal style it makes material that is often chall...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Cengage Learning (first published December 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Research Methods Knowledge Base, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Research Methods Knowledge Base

Cindy
Dec 13, 2009 Cindy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: graduate students
Shelves: phd-research
I am using this book in graduate school as I write my PhD dissertation. Trochim and Donnelly do a good job of making the process of research and writing academic research papers clearer. The book is written in a slightly conversational style, as if the authors were actually teachers for the class. This is the third and most recent edition, and Atomic Dog publishing also supports a website for the book.

Definitions are set in the margins, making it easier to locate and refer back to them. Each ch...more
Sarah Beth
I read this text book in the free online format for a course in my master's program entitled "Methods of Professional Inquiry." This text covers all the topics typically found in an undergraduate or graduate research methods class. Topics it covers include formulating research questions, sampling, measurement, research design, data analysis, and writing research papers.

This text was written in an informal style that made it relatively easy to follow. It also contained examples that helped illus...more
Michael Kage
First off the book is boring. Secondly, the book is a great reference. I used it during both my undergrad and grad years. Probably will use it again for the next program I force myself to complete. Trochim and Donnelly write as if they are talking to you which is kind of cool considering this is a textbook.
Umar Abdi
I am still using this book in my graduate school as I write my thesis and i think that this book is the mos suitable source i need in my work procees. Trochim and Donnelly do a good job of making the process of research and writing academic research papers clearer.
Zak
A good introduction to qualitative and quantitative research methods. Fairly easy to understand, some humor (which is important in this subject matter), and a good layout. This book will help in my future Master's degree program for sure.
Denise
Not the best book but good for reference when looking into both quantitive and qualitive research methods more in depthly. I think there are better ones out there though.
Jess Mason
Jess Mason is currently reading it
Sep 06, 2014
Ramya Reddy
Ramya Reddy marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Sarah Gaula
Sarah Gaula marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Sara Magingi
Sara Magingi marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Melissa Gonzalez
Melissa Gonzalez marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Bosomprah Millicent
Bosomprah Millicent is currently reading it
May 06, 2014
Lisa Lovell
Lisa Lovell marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Okrah Emmanuel
Okrah Emmanuel marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Onovbiona
Onovbiona marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Mauricio Kleinke
Mauricio Kleinke marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Priska
Priska marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Andrew Roach
Andrew Roach marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Riaz Ahmed
Riaz Ahmed marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
GoodReadsAccount
GoodReadsAccount marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Research Methods: The Concise Knowledge Base Instructor's Edition: The Research Methods Knowledge Base Research Methods: The Essential Knowledge Base Research Methods: The Concise Knowledge Base Workbook Concept Mapping for Planning and Evaluation