Start by marking “Uh-oh Cleo: I Barfed on Mrs. Kenly” as Want to Read:
Uh-oh Cleo: I Barfed on Mrs. Kenly

Uh-oh Cleo: I Barfed on Mrs. Kenly

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An icky uh-oh moment makes for an entertaining story. Cleo has been bonked on the head by an avalanche of toys and had to wear underwear for a hat in a snowstorm, but nothing compares to the trauma of barfing on Mrs. Kenly?s fur coat. On the way to a birthday party, a combination of carsickness and too many pancakes turns Cleo green in the face, and before anything can be ...more
Published January 7th 2010 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Uh-oh Cleo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uh-oh Cleo

Brigida
Oh no, what has Cleo done? She barfed on Mrs. Kenly without wanting to. In her mindset, other people deserved to be barfed on but not Mrs. Kenly. It all started with a bad tummy ache, continued with an excessive amount of pancakes eaten, and ended with being squished in a car with several people. Poor, Cleo! Will Mrs. Kenly get over it and continue on like nothing happened? Will Cleo be able to forgive herself and get past the embarrassment? Read to find out!

Intended Grade Level: 1st grade - 3rd
Marissa Garcia
In the vein of other heroines of children's realistic fiction such as Ramona Quimby, spunky Cleo makes mistakes and braves the growing pains of being a child in this installment of the Uh-oh, Cleo series.

Harper depicts an authentic representation of what it is like to be a child, from sibling hierarchy to not being able to express one's needs to adults to the enormity of a situation like vomiting on someone.

Suggest to fans of Clementine, Ramona Quimby, Junie B. Jones, or fans of realistic fictio
Kathleen Behrendt
I didn't particularly like this book. I found it odd that part of the story revolved around Cleo and her sister Lilly playing dress-up with fur coats while their owners are at a party hosted by the girls' parents and pretending they are smoking. The author even describes the fur coats as "a bunch of dead animals". Cleo gets car sick while she is being driven to a birthday party. She vomits on Mrs. Kenly's mink. When she gets to the party, all is forgiven. Cleo even shows off her diving technique ...more
Marissa Garcia

Angelica
Cleo always gets car sick and this time was no exception when she's headed to a slumber party. So to Cleo's shock and dismay she throws up on Mrs. Kenly who by the way is wearing a fur coat. She is so embarrassed. But these things are apart of life and Cleo learns that this is what we have to deal with.

This book is a good early chapter book for ages 7 and 8, who need to read at a lower level.

Great for 1st and 2nd graders.
Carriek
Ingrid
I think that girls will enjoy this early chapter book. The title alone should get them interested in the book.
Ellyn
I love this delightful series and I'm looking forward to this next installment.
Stephanie
Really cute children book series!
Kelsey Bates
Good lead-in to the Clementine books.
Caroline
This book was too easey for me
Lindsay
for fans of Junie B Jones
Amanda Parker askew
Amanda Parker askew marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Maddie Claire
Maddie Claire marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Shaylee Herman
Shaylee Herman marked it as to-read
Yismar Germosen diaz
Yismar Germosen diaz marked it as to-read
Harris
Harris added it
May Luu
May Luu marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Njbvhgv Hj,
Njbvhgv Hj, marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Jodie
Jodie added it
Apr 06, 2014
Bob Campbell
Bob Campbell marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Maryn
Maryn marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Uh-oh, Cleo A Place Called Kindergarten Uh-oh, Cleo: Underpants on My Head The Crabby Cook Cookbook: Recipes and Rants Lizzy's Do's and Don'ts