Start by marking “Brother Termite” as Want to Read:
Brother Termite

Brother Termite

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  9 reviews
First Cousin Brother Reen, chief of staff, is not happy about the rioters outside, or the graffiti by the West Wing stairs, or his secretary's brightly colored new blouse. Humans are chaotic. So many crises now, and so little time left. Germany plans to invade China, but President Womack is more interested in attending seances and ordering pizza. Cousins have been kidnappe ...more
Published April 1st 1995 by Ace (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Brother Termite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brother Termite

Umberto Rossi
It's simply one of those science-fiction novels that are too complex and passionate for certain sci-fi fans, and too science-fictional for more sophisticated readers (or better, those readers who believe they're too sophisticated for sci-fi, and don't know s--t about science-fiction). Unluckily. It's one of the best American novels I've ever read, and it says so much, maybe too much, about how much men (I mean males) owe women, about what role women really play in your life, and teaches truths m ...more
Dave Sticher
In its own quiet little way, this is one of the most disturbing books I've ever read.
MB
Not for me.

I tried but just couldn't get into it. I don't think the set-up/world was explained very well initially. (I am not a huge Sci Fi buff, so maybe that's why I "didn't get it".) But, after all, I just wasn't invested enough to finish the book. I read the first few chapters and the last few then quit.
Devero
Un romanzo decisamente intrigante, ma troppo negativo nell'atteggiamento di fondo. Alcune idee decisamente buone, una scrittura scorrevole, ma la negatività che lo permea lascia la bocca molto amara.
Thomas Knowles
This is a new release from Event Horizon EBooks, an e-book reprint of the original 1993 Harcourt Brace & Company printed edition. Note that the rating is posted by the publisher.
Jeremy
It was odd, though probably a good odd.
I really like the concept of loving what you're killing, it does make dilemmas much more poignant, I find.
Jim
Pitch perfect! The first book I ever read by Anthony and I was hooked. Wish she was more well known, an imaginative and gifted writer.
Dana
So very odd. So very good.
Pete
An amazing novel
Edhoncho
Edhoncho marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Rachel Hearn
Rachel Hearn marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Deedee
Deedee marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Christopher Lane Hinson
Christopher Lane Hinson marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Kerry
Kerry is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2014
Dorian Hawkmoon
Dorian Hawkmoon marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
luke osteen
luke osteen marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kit Fry
Kit Fry marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014