Start by marking “Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils” as Want to Read:

This book is truly one of a kind. Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is perfect for anyone looking to know more about the essential oils and how they can be used in everyday life. Whether you are a beginner or a long-time essential oil user, this book is designed for you.

Features of this contemporary guide include the following
Published 2011 by Abundant Health (first published 2009)

Sandie
Oct 23, 2011 Sandie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Sandie by: Deonne
I read this book from cover to cover the first night I got it. I use this with doTERRA oils (it is created with doTERRA in mind although you could use other oils if you know the comparison names) and have found it to handle all of my family's daily owies!! I love feeling empowered to handle most common and uncommon ailments from ear aches, burns, scratches, bug bites, bee stings, Crohns, diabetes, etc. Although this book does not purport to be a replacement for medical advice, I find it helpful ...more
Debbie
Mar 28, 2014 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I am really fascinated in what Heavenly Father has given us that comes from Nature. I feel motivated to be healthier.
Camille
Aug 04, 2012 Camille marked it as to-read
My eyes are always sensitive to the sunshine, because of my grave's disease. While flipping through this high quality, rather attractive book, I found a section on grave's disease. The first essential oil it recommended was lemon grass. I used it for two days and on the second day, left my glasses in a friend's car on accident. I was going to be doing a lot of driving and walking around a sunny zoo that day. I knew I was in trouble, but to my surprise, no pain! That really is a shock for me. It ...more
Christina
May 05, 2011 Christina rated it really liked it
Recommended to Christina by: Alicia
Excellent resource for using essential oils. The entire 2nd half of the book is just an index for looking up an ailment and seeing a variety of recommended 'treatments'. My one complaint is that it is very brand-oriented. Some of the recommendations include oil blends and products that are only available through one company rather than telling how to make your own blends.
Julie
Sep 28, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
This is my go-to reference guide for the daily use of CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) essential oils. It explains how to use essential oils for every health concern from anxiety and depression, to insomnia and muscle pain, to immune support, or just a plain old headache! Nothing "crystal ball" or weird about it, just pure science and research. LOVE THIS GUIDE!
Gina Lee
Jan 24, 2014 Gina Lee rated it it was amazing
This book covers a multitude of ways to use essential oils for your well being. It was a bit overwhelming at first so it took me several reads to not be. I use it as a reference guide now but I highly suggest reading it several times thru to really know when and how to use the guide and iltimately essential oils
Lori
Jan 25, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
I love the comprehensive overview this book gives. It includes the chemical breakdowns, zoning information, practical use, supplemental ideas, a usage guide by ailment, and exhaustive references. Definitely a must have book for anyone interested in a common sense approach to wellness and self sufficiency through the power of essential oils.
Mary
Apr 21, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
Not this edition
I read the 3rd edition, 2011

Very excellent guide to use with DoTerra essential oils.
Tia
May 04, 2010 Tia rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book, it is the greatest reference and guide for essential oil use. So glad to have this in my natural health collection!
Apr 12, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
My go-to reference for using essential oil for healing, health, mood, and beauty. Highly recommended!
Lea
Aug 30, 2012 Lea rated it really liked it
Shelves: aromatherapy
My copy is the Third Edition.
Found the information to be more complete than anything I'd been able to find. "The Science of Essential Oils" was very scientific for me. Loved the "Single Oil" section for finding what I can do with the oils I have. Of course the "Personal Usage Guide" will be a much used and refered to section.
Amanda
Aug 05, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I skipped a few parts that I didn't need to read about now but I have studied the rest. Nature has provided medicinal help throughout the ages. We should not ignore these natural remedies just because modern medicine is such a blessing..
Mark Holencik
Apr 28, 2013 Mark Holencik rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
This is a great reference guide to essential oils. I use this book all the time. Today was reading about Lupus. A friend of mine his wife has lupus and the doctors only give her setroids and they help very little. I am always running into someone that is looking for a natural remedy to an ailment they have. Modern Essentials is my go to book for essential oils.
Emily
Jun 23, 2013 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
A great guide to using essential oils for all sorts of ways. They had a complete description of each oil and oil blend, as well as a index of ailments, injuries, illnesses, etc and which oils to use with them. They also had tips for cooking with essential oils, as well as daily tasks such as laundry, cleaning, showering, etc. Worth every penny!
Aug 30, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Essential Oil Users
Shelves: books-i-own
An absolute must-own, for your Essential oil arsenal. This reads more like a Medical Book, where you can lookup an ailment, and it suggests oils. Or conversely, you can lookup an oil, and it supplies uses. Highly recommended!
Elizabeth
Jan 07, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Shiloah Baker
Shelves: reference
Though I did not read this book word for word, I read enough of it and studied enough of it to know it is a book I will always keep handy.

It is an excellent reference book on essential oils and how to use them for your health.

Thanks for recommending this to me, Shiloah!
Erika Tenney
Dec 08, 2012 Erika Tenney rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It is perfect for a beginner or advanced user of essential oils! I love the science references and I love the color coated protocols. I have all four versions, it keeps getting better and better!

www.doterraforyourlife.com
www.mydoterra.com/Erika
Sara
Mar 08, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am totally addicted to essential oils and this book is my essential oil bible. It is informative, thorough and complete with citations to studies as well as an index. A must for anyone who uses essential oils.
Tiffany
Mar 09, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Fantastic resource for the use of essential oils! Couldn't live without this one :)
Holli
Nov 08, 2011 Holli rated it it was amazing
We've been using Doterra Oils for awhile now and love them. I refer to this book often and highly recommend it. I can also get it at a great price if anyone would like a copy! Just let me know!:)
Holly
Sep 16, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent source book on oils.
Leah
Aug 27, 2013 Leah rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I refer to it constantly and refer to it as my oil bible.
Danie
Nov 20, 2011 Danie rated it it was amazing
This is such a great reference and guide for those who are interested in using essential oils in there every day life!
Morgan
Sep 26, 2012 Morgan rated it liked it
The information in this book is invaluable but it would be nice if it instructed on how to use the oils (how much, how often) rather than just suggesting which oils would be useful.
Kellie
Apr 02, 2013 Kellie rated it it was amazing
Use often as a reference. Must for doTERRA oil users.
Kate
Apr 19, 2015 Kate rated it it was amazing
So educational! I learned so much about using essential oils and applying doterra to my everyday life. I know that I will be using this as a reference for a long time to come!
Jess Macallan
Mar 22, 2016 Jess Macallan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nutrition-health
A well-researched, comprehensive guide for using essential oils.
Maryetta
Jun 09, 2012 Maryetta rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
Only time will tell.
Katy Anderson
Sep 28, 2011 Katy Anderson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Pretty much the Bible of essential oil information.
David
Jan 03, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-general
This book has/is helping me in many ways!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Looking For A Women Health Insurance? 1 1 May 16, 2015 02:39AM
  • Medicinal Plants of the Mountain West
  • American Indian Healing Arts: Herbs, Rituals, and Remedies for Every Season of Life
  • The Secret Teachings of Plants: The Intelligence of the Heart in the Direct Perception of Nature
  • Real Food Has Curves: How to Get Off Processed Food, Lose Weight, and Love What You Eat
  • Making the First Circle Work: The Foundation for Duplication in Network Marketing
  • Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living
  • Encyclopedia of Essential Oils: The complete guide to the use of aromatic oils in aromatherapy, herbalism, health and well-being
  • The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
  • Essential Oils Handbook: All the Oils You Will Ever Need for Health, Vitality and Well-being
  • The Wild Life of Our Bodies: Predators, Parasites, and Partners That Shape Who We Are Today
  • Medical Herbalism: The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine