Start by marking “Achieve Anything in Just One Year: Be Inspired Daily to Live Your Dreams and Accomplish Your Goals” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  42 reviews
A self improvement book about achieving success through daily motivation and self-examination. Achieve Anything In Just One Year will be the last self improvement book you will ever need. You will learn to make small daily choices that will transform your life.

Published January 1st 2010 by Amazing Life Press

To ask other readers questions about Achieve Anything in Just One Year, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Achieve Anything in Just One Year

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyEvery Silver Lining Has a Cloud by Scott StevensThe Secret by Rhonda ByrneHow to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Best Self Help Books
55th out of 514 books — 748 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadLinger by Maggie Stiefvater
Best Books of 2010
205th out of 1,226 books — 2,341 voters

More lists with this book...

Irene
I like this book! At first the cover had me a little doubtful but it grew on me after I started getting into the content of the book. "Achieve Anything in Just One Year" is a motivational compilation of daily readings and assignments to assist in achieving goals. Basically, both get you in the mindset for the day.

The reading for day 39 starts off with "You are now becoming a person of action. How does that feel? It can be quite a powerful experience." The assignment for the day is "to continue
Tami
It’s very easy to decide that you want to change your life. It’s so much tougher to actually make the changes. Yes, you can plan and goal set but we all know that after a while we get tired, bored, or frustrated. Before long, the plan falls apart.

Staying motivated and focused is the key. Achieve Anything in Just One Year provides a bit of motivation for an entire year. For each day there is an inspirational quote. The author then explains the quote and presents a little exercise for the day.

Es
Chrissy
This book is to be read a page a day for a year (365 days). However I am just doing the review of this based on the first 30 days into the book.

I like how it takes you 1 day at a time. That makes it so much easier to achieve your goal. Some Self Improvement books jam all of this information and things you need to do all at once. That's Not good when your trying to improve upon yourself because getting everything thrown at you at once can weigh you down so much and make you feel like you can't ac
Kathleen
Achieve Anything In Just One Year by Jason Harvey is a book that I believe will guide me and give me motivation throughout each day. I have kept it by my bedside – I wake up, read the daily passage, tackle the day, and complete the reflective assignment before I crawl back under the covers.

I immediately had the irresistible urge to skim throughout the entirety of the book as soon as it landed in my hands. But, as intended, I am reading one passage a day. Although I am only one week into the pro
Vicki
I am thoroughly enjoying my time spent with Mr. Harvey's new book! It is both inspirational and motivational and is designed to be read daily over the course of one year. Each daily installment includes a quote followed by an essay which is full of down-to-earth wisdom which gently nudges the reader toward living a better, happier, more fulfilled and authentic life. I highly recommend this wonderful book as it delivers what the author promises in the introduction - fuel for the fire of positive ...more
Christine
I think what I liked best about this book, was that it has faith in you. I realize that is the author's voice coming through, but it isn't so much him being a cheerleader, but almost as if it's a given. Does that make sense?

Let me try again. If you read this book, the thought that "you can't" is taken off the table at the beginning and it's just assumed that "you can" and then the days are laid out gently. One by one you follow, work through your task, always with the knowledge that you'll reach
Sabrina Richard
A self-help book with a difference. It provides practical inspiration in a daily format. Quick and easy to read and act upon.
Rosemary Daly
This a day-by-day, step-by-step book filled with excellent ideas and exercises to help you achieve your potential.
Nadia Scrieva
Living life to the fullest. What does this mean to you? This book explores our ability to discover and achieve our dreams. I found myself thinking of my loved ones as I read, and feeling a strong pull to share the advice with them. Do you know someone so scared of being hurt that they try to avoid all risk and remain firmly in their comfort zone? Do they completely miss out on all the beauty that life has to offer, when you know they could be and do so much more? Does this sound like you?
Even if
Jalynn Patterson
About the Book:

This book will help you find your personal inspiration, rediscover your motivation and propel you out of an unfulfilled existence.

Achieve Anything In Just One Year will show you that the key to a happier life is contained in
Thakore CoCo O'Neal
This book is to be read for an entire year, it has a daily reading and application for 365 days. I am reviewing the book from the first 99 days of reading.

This book packs a punch of powerful motivation, self-accountability and responsibility, which is coupled with sound wisdom. Regardless, of your belief systems, you are guaranteed to get inspired to activate your movements your goals, dreams and visions. Each day of this book starts off with a quote from a prolific individual which sorts of nar
Ginny McMath
This book really helped me. A friend of mine gave me this book to borrow a little over a year ago because she felt I needed a boost. I was just getting over a divorce after an 18 year marriage. The divorce took 3 years and even though I felt healed I was having trouble feeling positive and I didn't know what direction I needed to go in. The 1st chapter hooked me with the words, "letting go of baggage :)" I started doing the assignments daily and I found I started feeling lighter. I think because ...more
Jennifer (JC-S)
‘Your life is a product of your choices. Take them seriously.’

A catchy title is a mixed blessing. Some will be inspired by it; others will dismiss it as hype. Of course, reading the book alone won’t significantly increase your achievement, but putting in place some of the suggestions can certainly help.

I’ve skimmed through the book, just to get a sense of the layout, content and suggestions. This book is designed to be read one page per day over a year. Each page contains a quote, some questions
Amanda Skinner
I won a free copy of this off the "givaways" page. Thank you for the book Mr. Harvey. This looks like an interesting process. It is a page a day for a year. So here goes! I'll give you my final verdict in 2011.

Update:
I hate to say this, but I am giving up for now. I already had some things in the pipeline that I was trying to achieve and I am so stressed out trying to keep up with this book that I am letting other important things fall by the wayside. As this is VERY counterproductive I am givin
Kiefer Jackson
200 Days in, and still amazed at the difference in my life because of this book.

A friend recommended I check out Jason Harvey's site to find inspiration, and while I enjoyed the quotes and anecdotes on his blog, it was his book that really caught my attention. The ability to breakdown the year into bite sized chunks and change my habits one day at time was exactly what I was looking for. I purchased his ebook, and after reading the first 10 pages, I reconsidered and challenged myself to read - a
Jack Pando
I just received this book after winning it on First Reads and it was not what I expected. But after saying that I am actually excited about the format and layout of the book. The book is broken out into essays that you read each day and gives you a homework assignment each day in order for you to reach your goals. A quote in the book is "change is not a one-time explosion of oppurtunity" and explains that change takes time and 100% effort.

I am excited to keep reading this book for the rest of t
Gloria
It would be easy to write off this book since virtually everything included in it has already been said in multiple ways before. However, Jason Harvey is a young guy who would seem to have an appeal for his peers and is probably poised to be the next career/personal coach motivational guru of that generation. Divided into daily mini essays, each day has a powerful/thoughtful quote followed by a bit of explanation, and lastly includes an action step. What is a tad surprising about these daily tho ...more
Denise
Didn't want to wait until January 1, 2015 to make a change so I started mid-year. Easy to read with short chapters for each day and assignments that at first seemed pointless but as I got further into the book, I realized what the author was trying to accomplish and started to see the "big picture" Love the quotes he included and have written down some of them for future inspiration.

I'm actually on my second reading, the first time I read the book in it's entirety (after all I didn't want to get
Suzanne
I won this book. I was thrilled when I heard I had won the book. Then I saw some of the trailers on it and became quite disconcerted. But none the less it is written to be read one page a day. So I will give it a go. I will do some updates as i progress.

I am still working my way through this book and I really like it. It gives you concrete steps to take to keep you moving forward, and thinking about where you want to go. Very interesting...
Courd
I never finished this book. I think I didn't read the description well enough before I bought it and I thought it would be something more than just a few inspirational quotes and challenges per day. I guess I think that to achieve things that I need more than inspiration. I need organization and planning, realistic goal setting, etc.

It's not a bad book. It's just not going to change my life as the title implies.
Kevin Lintner
Recently, I took a big risk and quit my job. it was guaranteed income with benefits, but I was miserable. I hated the work I did and it was affecting me emotionally and physically. My happiness was gone and each day became a burden to drag myself through. I'm now exploring my options in starting up a small press. This book could not have come into my hands at better time. it is filled with insight and great advice for achieving my goal. The book is broken down into 365 daily exercises that are d ...more
Socialbookshelves.com
Disclaimer: While I aim to be unbiased, I received a copy of this for free to review.

I feel like a secondary disclaimer is in order, for me to be fair to the author – this book is designed for you to read a page of it a day, and you’re assigned a set of activities to carry out each day to take you closer to achieving your goal. For the purposes of writing a review for this site, however, I didn’t follow it – I merely read it from cover to cover.

Fortunately, I still feel like I got a lot out of i
Amanda
I won this book, and I have to say - I believe everything happens for a reason. I love how this book is set up as a page-a-day type book. For me, I'm about to graduate college, and this book is great at reminding me to think about the bigger picture of what I want to accomplish. But, I have to say - I'll give my final review in 2011!
Emma
Oct 11, 2010 Emma added it
Shelves: selfhelp
Ok, so you have to read on page each day. It's like one of htose calendars with the funny cats on it! So you have to do one certain things a day and they're really easy! Like: get a journal and write down your dreams for a week (day 1) or do something to help make that dream a reality (day 3)! Just simple things. I heart it!
Mary
Mar 21, 2010 Mary rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is far and away the best inspirational book I have ever read. I found myself eager to move onto the next days quote & 'lesson'. The reading easy going & uplifting. The best I can say is that it all made good sense to me. I skipped ahead - a lot & I wanted to see how day 365 read.
Stormie Steele
Achieve Anything in Just One Year, is a daily guide that challenges the reader to explore & define their own path of success. 365 days that encourage journaling, the asking of questions - and most important - authentically answering those questions. Jason Harvey lays out a formula that's easy to incorporate into one's daily schedule. It's a healthy read! We really can achieve our dreams & goals - one step at a time makes an enormous difference.

Achieve Anything in Just One Year: Be Inspired Daily to Live Your Dreams and Accomplish Your GoalsAchieve Anything in Just One Year: Be Inspi
Cfc Fc
Nov 18, 2012 Cfc Fc is currently reading it
I just did a massive catch up and have started on the daily assignments again. This book really focuses my mind and has been one of the major tools I've used (and continue) to use to manage my depression.
Celeste
This is a great book for anybody looking to make some positive changes in their life. It is very unique in the fact that it is to be read one page each day for 365 days.
Sgallardo
This book is a very inspirational read that will take through a whole year. The author starts out by discussing some of the roadblocks we throw up for ourselves that keep us from achieving what we desire. He discusses it the form of talking about other people but I found myself and my own excuses in the text multiple times. There's truth in the pages of the book and sometimes we're so good at lying to ourselves about why we aren't doing something we say want to do.

Overall this was a very well-wr
Marjorie Elwood
Although the title includes the word 'goals', this book is really about self-improvement and building character and integrity.
  • Making Sense of People: Decoding the Mysteries of Personality
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • Lead to Succeed and You Won't Manage to Fail
  • Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • Fat, Broke & Lonely No More: Your Personal Solution to Overeating, Overspending, and Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
  • Lead with Luv: A Different Way to Create Real Success
  • Tell Your Time: How To Manage Your Schedule So You Can Live Free
  • Joyful Momma's Guide to Shopping & Cooking Frugally
  • Success is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices Change Your Life
  • Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals
  • How to Find A Job: When There Are No Jobs (Book 1) A Necessary Job Search and Career Planning Guide for Today's Job Market (Find A Job Series)
  • Soul DNA: Your Spiritual Genetic Code Defines Your Purpose
  • Boost Your Memory: Brilliant Ideas You Won't Forget (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • More Than Ordinary: Enjoying Life with God
  • Frumpy to Fabulous: Flaunting It. Your Ultimate Guide to Effortless Style
  • Winners Never Cheat: Even in Difficult Times
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
Jason Harvey is a Life Coach and founder of the Limitless Institute, a non-profit organization that funds research into human motivation and personal development.

Jason has spent the past decade and a half studying self-improvement and personal development techniques.

Jason holds a Bachelor's degree from Dalhousie University's Faculty of Management in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

He currently resides on the
More about Jason Harvey...
Going Bonkers? Issue 19

“Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”  — Winston Churchill” 0 likes
“Change is not a one-time explosion of opportunity. It is a slow burning fire that needs to be tended constantly.” 0 likes