Start by marking “Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)

Roped In (Bondage Ranch #1)

Laera McDougal is lost in the woods when hunky Bruce Merrick finds her, but soon she's lost in her passion as he pulls her into the world of sensual submission. He shows her desires she never knew existed in herself--desires she's eager to have satisfied. She wants more than one hot day and night of sensual exploration, but Bruce never intended to take it further, even for ...more
Published December 28th 2009 by Loose Id (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Roped In, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roped In

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
89th out of 609 books — 766 voters
Unsaid by Avery AsterFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesGrey by E.L. James
Best BDSM Novels
10th out of 31 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

~~~Heather S.~~~
Apr 18, 2011 ~~~Heather S.~~~ rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BDSM newbies
Recommended to ~~~Heather S.~~~ by: Ang
Shelves: bdsm
Why oh why can't I stumble upon a Bondage Ranch while I'm out hiking?! Laera is a lucky b*tch! And Bruce is just delicious. I loved his tenderness while cautiously guiding Laera into the lifestyle and Laera's openness and trust in him. I could've used a longer story and more development into their relationship, but I still found it very satisfying *wink, wink!

This book is similar to "Master of the Mountain" by Cherise Sinclair, which I recently read and loved. I devoured this in one day and can'
Nicky Charles
Sep 18, 2010 Nicky Charles rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It was a quick read but entertaining. The relationship between the two main characters was okay - given the length of the story, it couldn't get too indepth but you could tell there was a connection growing between them.

The part I really found appealing was the way the author dwelt on the fact that the Dom was caring for the sub, observing her carefully, looking for her pleasure over his. Some of the BDSM books I've read are a bit too violent for my taste or the Dom is just o
Delia Binder
Sep 03, 2015 Delia Binder rated it really liked it
::4.25 Stars - short, sweet and very enjoyable!::

This is the book I'd hoped Kristin Proby's TIED WITH ME would be - a light but knowledgeable story about a good-natured but believable Dom, Bruce Merrick, and the woman introduced to submission who comes to love him. Said woman, Laera McDougal, also hits the sweet spot as a Newbie Subbe - interested and curious, a bit scared, but strongly attracted to the man who's topping her.

And Who Can Blame Her...?

Bruce manages to be considerate and caring wi
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
3.5

An enjoyable light bdsm about a newbie to the scene and a dom who tries to keep his heart separate from his desires. Rather like an introduction to bdsm, this short story gives us the basics of the club scene and the ins and outs of a D/s relationship with glimpses into different lifestyles. The heroine shows a realistic attitude towards bdsm for a newbie and I loved that our Dom is patient and reasonable when showing her the lifestyle. To often, in bdsm, we watch as the heroine spends a majo
Kim Jung
Sep 07, 2012 Kim Jung rated it really liked it
A quick but still very satisfying read! The BDSM elements were not hardcore and coupled with the balance of fiery passion and tender emotions, the story both whetted and satisfied my appetite for romantic and erotic explorations. An alpha male character that guides the heroine through the discovery and satisfaction of desires she never would have dared admitted to herself, much less indulged, never fails to fire me up! Reading this book was a very pleasurable quickie experience!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ms. Yssel creates a great story with believable scenes. This is a first book of hers for me. I enjoyed it and wonder if perhaps Ms. Yssel patrons such a place. If so, it would be nice to receive an invitation.
Jenn
Oct 18, 2012 Jenn rated it it was amazing
i gave this one 5 starts because i REALLY love rope play most of the book explores shibari binding (can i say jealous?) not too heavy on the dom/sub relationship sides of things but a nice short story about a new sub enjoying shibari with a few spakings :) 5/5 for me Sindra
Adriana
Roped In by Sindra van Yssel

Book 1 of the Bondage Ranch series started off strong for me however 10 chapters made the ending to quick. I think it would have been a very good book and a more satisfying story if it was a full length novel versus just a good short story. I will be looking into more of this series.

Basically the majority of the story was about the weekend Laera and Bruce meet. I enjoyed the ‘Master Zen’ Bruce relationship with Laera and the patience he had introducing her to the BDSM
Sassafrass
Nov 11, 2011 Sassafrass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, z-2011
I've had this on my TBR for a while. I've read Sindra van Yssel a few times in the past and have really enjoyed her books. This book was also very enjoyable. I like the newbie subs getting introduced to the lifestyle by the more experienced Dom. My only issue was that I thought the love connection was little bit too quick for me to really fall into the story. But, I really liked it otherwise. This is the first book in the Bondage Ranch series, and I'm looking forward to reading more in the seri ...more
Kel
Oct 30, 2012 Kel rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, not-that-good
It's a good book for people who, like me, enjoy a nice BDSM erotica. The reason why I'm giving three starts is just because I didn't have the chance to know the characters' feelings and state of mind. Although I am aware the story is relatively short, I know it is possible to develop it better, regardless of the length (Cherise Sinclair, for example, does a great job at it).
The story left me with a feeling that something was missing due to development issues... She also had to speed up things at
Kerry
Mar 13, 2011 Kerry rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, e-book-own
I liked Laera and Bruce and thought that they made a good couple. However, their relationship wasn't very well developed. I would have liked to see them spend more time together, especially at the ranch. Laera was new to BDSM and I wish she and Bruce had "played" a little more with her boundaries and what aspects she discovered that she liked and didn't like. I will read the next book in the series and I hope the author delves more into the BDSM lifestyle with the characters.
Tony
I really liked this book, for a couple of reasons.
This is a story about bdsm sex, but not as much about the sex itself as the road that leads up to it. It's a sampling of a flavour other than vanilla.
It's also a story that shows that bdsm doesn't have anything to do about abusive men and weak women, but rather about mutual respect and trust.
I would say that this would be a good introduction for anyone interested in bdsm, but be aware that it might be a gateway towards heavier stuff.
Varii
I enjoyed this sweet bondage romance. Bruce, the male lead, is a bondage master and somewhat reluctant Dom. He claims to enjoy the power exchange, but he never really exploits it. Clearly he sees his sub as his equal, but does dominate her a little in sexual contexts. She is an intelligent, independent, out spoken (but not bratty) woman just learning of her love of bondage. I would rate this as a romantic, sweet, sugar kink book. Very light.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic eBook Exchange
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Aug 10, 2011 Laura (Kyahgirl) rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, erotica-bdsm
3/5; 3 stars; B

This is the second book I've read by this author. Her style reminds me of Cherise Sinclair. The focus is on safe, sane, consensual and the BDSM aspect seems pretty idealized.

I enjoyed this story. Laera, walking in the woods basically stumbles upon an ideal man, willing to introduce her to the BDSM lifestyle and they develop a romantic relationship in the process.
Toni (U.A.C.)
Jan 12, 2011 Toni (U.A.C.) rated it really liked it
Laera decides to go hiking while camping next to some noisy neighbors at a campground. She ends up lost, but also found and rescued by Bruce, a very yummy Dom who is staying at a BDSM ranch. She's attracted to him and takes up his offer to spend the rest of her vacation with him at the ranch exploring her sexual nature.

Very nice story and a steamy sex.
Karsyn
I like that it was BDSM done the right way, except for the 2 jerks who got quickly put in their place. So good going on the BDSM side, I just didn't feel any connection to the characters. They were pretty dull and boring, perhaps just cuz it was such a rushed story. Dunno, it was ok, not great, but the BDSM stuff was done correctly, so YAY for that!
Shira
Jul 15, 2012 Shira rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
I was rather let down by this one. Rope play isn't my particular fetish, but aside from that, the story was thin, there weren't any subplots worth mentioning, and there was a distinct lack when it came to the BDSM. The characters discuss the 'power exchange' in D/s, but it never actually happened between them. I just kept waiting for... something. it never materialized.
Megan
Jan 25, 2013 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, romance-plus
"Mae West had it right - try anythign once, do it again if you like it."

A wonderful romance-plus short. A little pricey, but most of this genre is priced similarly. I was especially impressed with the safe, sane and consenual mantra throughout, which is even more prominent in the rest of the series.
Christine
Sep 06, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
It's a shame that this was such a short story. I liked the characters, and I thought the author really did a nice job of presenting aspects of BDSM in a very thoughtful non-judgmental manner. It's too bad that the book wasn't longer, since it would have provided the author with an opportunity to develop the characters further.
Tana
Jan 06, 2013 Tana rated it it was amazing
it was a very good book. This ones more for the new comers of BDSM that want to read and maybe kno a little more about it without having to research it online. it's a wonderful story! I hope you guyz enjoyed it as much as I did.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Very nice short story that had a hero I would love to be my master. I liked this almost as much as I liked Club Shadowlands and Master Bruce is so sweet, loving and patient.
A very good read but I just wished it would have been longer and had more character development.
Ni_kii
Apr 17, 2014 Ni_kii rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
This isn't for me I'm afraid. The decision of the Heroine to put herself willingly into an unknown situation, with an unknown person, just didn't sit well with me. After that, I couldn't respect her enough to care about her HEA.
Toni ~married to a hunk~
I really liked this book. I thought the premise and the characters were really good and how they talked about other characters I wanted to know more about them all. I also like how the author admitted that she used to be into the BDSM scene and real experience in that. :-)
Lyndac
3.5 stars This was a nice intro into BDSM for a newbie. I would like to think all newbies could be introduced like this. Will continue with series.
ൠSinful
Good starter book in BDSM. Characters are not as well developed as most in this genre. Book 2 in the series, Pushing Limits, is far superior. She got her groove in book 2.
Jianne Carlo
Oct 19, 2010 Jianne Carlo rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Sindra does an amazing job of taking you into the characters and letting you experience from the inside out what they do. Sexy and intense.
Feb 02, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
This was a pretty good short read. I thought it was sweet but of course you lose the emotional depth of a longer book.
Karen Nichols
Feb 28, 2012 Karen Nichols rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read. I don't give spoilers - but it was sexy and creative. It's also to read about not so perfect females and the guys who believe otherwise.
Ranzes Ryne
Ranzes Ryne rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2014
  • Tamed
  • Sinful Treats (Club Velvet Ice, #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Bottoms Up (Come Again, #1)
  • Punished (Taboo Wishes, #1)
  • Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)
  • Blushing Violet
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • No One But Madison
  • My One
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Owning Wednesday
  • Sweet Vibrations (Tygers, #1)
  • At the Dungeon Master's Hand (Le Club d'Esclavage, #1)
  • Kidnapped for Christmas
  • In Debt to the Dom (Guilty Pleasures # 1)

Bondage Ranch (7 books)
  • Pushing Limits (Bondage Ranch, #2)
  • Moving On (Bondage Ranch, #3)
  • His Little Tart (Bondage Ranch, #4)
  • His Little Treasure (Bondage Ranch)
  • Taming the Mistress (Bondage Ranch, #6)
  • An Expert in Domination (Bondage Ranch, #7)

“Mae West had it right—try anything once, do it again if you like it.” 4 likes
“You smell wonderful,” he told her. “So aroused.” “That's the bug spray,” she said.” 2 likes