Start by marking “Kelsey's Present” as Want to Read:
Kelsey's Present

Kelsey's Present

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  184 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Des had led a life of sacrifice, forsaking love to raise his orphaned niece, and he never regretted it for one moment. Then one Christmas, his sixteen year old niece Kelsey decides she wants a real Christmas tree. When Kelsey encounters her teenage crush, the handsome Victor Moore, who plays a vampire in her favorite television series, she gets very excited. But Kelsey isn ...more
Published December 2009 by Extasy Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Kelsey's Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kelsey's Present

DaisyGirl
2.5 Stars

Des Silvers is a small town medic. He had led a life of sacrifice, forsaking love to raise his orphaned niece for the past ten years, and he has never regretted it for one moment. This Christmas, his sixteen year old niece Kelsey decides she wants a real Christmas tree. While shopping for the tree, Des and Kelsey encounter her teenage crush, the handsome Victor Moore who plays a vampire in a popular television series. Victor is a small town guy at heart and is willing to forego Hollywoo
Serena Yates
Dec 15, 2009 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
What a lovely, perfect Christmas story. A complete fairytale that has all the romance and love you could possible wish for.

Des has sacrificed his personal and social life so he can raise his niece Kelsey after her parents died when she was six. Victor is a successful actor looking for the right man to love. And then there is Kelsey who decides the two belong together...

Elisa Rolle
When you buy a season short story, for sure you are expecting to read a all around good feelings type of story and Kelsey’s Present delivers it.

Des is a small town gay doctor who devoted himself to his niece Kelsey 10 years before, when the then 6 years girl lost her parents in a car accident. Now Kelsey wants to give something back to her dear uncle, and what is better than cute young fiction actor Victor, in town to shoot some scene in the local high school?

As I said before the mood of the s
Plainbrownwrapper
Dec 18, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
This is a fairly ridiculous, but nonetheless sweet, story about a 30 year old man, Des, who has given up his own life plans in order to raise his orphaned niece. For the last 10 years, everything has been about Kelsey. But one Christmas Eve, while out buying a Christmas tree in their small town, Kelsey sees Victor Moore -- heartthrob of millions of teens, who plays a vampire on a hit TV show and who is widely rumored to be gay.

Des and Victor meet, insta-lust all around, and Victor invites himse
Alina
Jan 21, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Christmas story! :)
Sweet and heartwarming book.

It amazes me how diverse DJ Manly's books are, I mean look at Welcome to Beaconsfield and this book - it's hard to believe they're written by the same author, not because of the level of writing - it's great in both cases - but because of the subjects.
Lily
Jan 04, 2010 Lily rated it really liked it
A wonderful little Holiday story just perfect for anyone looking for a sweet romantic read.

My complete review is posted at Rainbow Reviews
Tailtiu
Nov 17, 2015 Tailtiu rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
2,5* upgrade because...well it's christmas...
Arzu
Mar 30, 2011 Arzu rated it liked it
What a sweet short Christmas story!!
Melanie
May 09, 2014 Melanie rated it it was ok
Des was lovely, Kelsey was sweet and amusing. But Victor kinda freaked me out, he seemed rather stalker-ish and pushy.
Karen K
The perfect little holiday story - full of hope and love and fluffy goodness. I love the banter between Des and his niece - Kelsey's just a total little firecracker and I'm pretty sure she must have given her uncle a run for his money the whole time she was growing up. Des is a wonderful character; responsible, supportive, modest, loving and according to Victor, hotter than hell. Victor's a fabulous hottie, too, and the fact that he was so instantly infatuated with Des and kept telling him how b ...more
Zy
Mar 14, 2016 Zy rated it really liked it
A short and sweet story. I enjoyed it and wished it was so much longer.
Ilani K.wise
Jan 08, 2015 Ilani K.wise rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed greatly
Wendy Ann
Feb 26, 2012 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
This story is perfect to give you that warm and fuzzy feeling. I love holiday themed stories regardless of the time of year, and this one just made me smile. Des seemed like such a good guy – he really did deserve to find his own HEA after all he did for his niece. Victor seemed like a genuine, down-to-earth kind of a guy despite his celebrity status. I wish the book were a little longer and shared even more of their story, but I’m happy for the glimpse I got. Short, but very, very sweet!
Raevyn
Dec 03, 2012 Raevyn rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, 2012
This was a pretty good story but it was too short and the insta-love didn't work for me because there was no time to get to know the characters. Des meets Victor because his niece recognizes him as an actor on one of her favorite shows. Des and Victor go from zero to love in about 2 days. I would love to see more of these two characters in a longer book.
Pia Veleno
May 10, 2012 Pia Veleno rated it really liked it
I'm not usually into insta-love, but between the holiday magic theme and that it's a short story, I can accept it here. This was a sweet story about a guy who gave up a lot to take care of his niece when her parents died. Kelsey gave him a great Christmas present.
Ja-paige
Dec 06, 2014 Ja-paige rated it it was amazing
Too cute!
Cindi
Nov 03, 2011 Cindi rated it really liked it
Sweet short story. Everything happened fast and ended well. This would have been a great full-length book.
Seregil
Dec 04, 2013 Seregil rated it liked it
2.5 stars - very unrealistic, but nice for a short fluffy Christmas romance
Connie
Dec 21, 2011 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, free-reads
Nice short story to get you in the xmas spirit :)
ke-sha
Jun 19, 2011 ke-sha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it was a short fun,Fluffy read.
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - Sweet holiday story.
Davina
May 06, 2011 Davina rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
sweet short story
Bogusia
Dec 12, 2013 Bogusia rated it really liked it
Moomba
Moomba marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Everett
Everett rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2016
Candy Moore
Candy Moore rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Silbenfresser
Silbenfresser rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Sweetalpha135
Sweetalpha135 rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2015
Sara Vasco
Sara Vasco marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Making His List
  • Luke (Sylvan, #2)
  • Nanny Dearest
  • Secret Santa Surprise
  • Beautiful Harmony (Conquest, #5.5)
  • Christmas Angel
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • Something for Santa
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #1)
  • Matches
  • A Vampire Christmas (Vampire in Waikiki, #2)
  • 2010 Advent Calendar: Naughty or Nice
  • Dawn in the Orchard
  • Reindeer Games (Reindeer Games, #1)
  • Hopes and Fears
  • The Christmas Tree Bargain (Ranch Series, #3)
  • A Lesson In Truth
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...