Start by marking “Biomega, Vol. 3 (Biomega, #3)” as Want to Read:
Biomega, Vol. 3 (Biomega, #3)

Biomega, Vol. 3 (Biomega / バイオメガ #3)

Reads R to L (Japanese Style). Searching for the key to save a world beyond hope. Tsutomu Nihei's sci-fi horror epic!

The Data Research Foundation's plan to transform humanity and the earth itself accelerates as the DRF locates another executor of the apocalypse, General Narein. Toa Heavy
Published August 10th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Biomega, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biomega, Vol. 3

Aug 26, 2011 Shaun rated it liked it
Biomega is a comic that comes so close to doing interesting things with science fiction zombies. It walks right up to the line of interesting and then stops. But the art is stunning and that's why I keep reading it, hoping against hope that something will happen while I flip through it as if it wast a glorified art book.
Dec 14, 2010 Strangerealms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas-and-lns
This manga is the usual Nihei stuff, some Killy-like badass character is on a mission and kills monsters along the way. You can expect action, violence, blood, decapitations, etc. The drawings are beautiful as usual. The whole world seems to be set in the same as Blame but before Blame and Noise. Nihei introduces interesting characters, new monsters and a new storyline. But, and there is a big but, the manga would have been better if it would have been a book or two longer. The manga is good up ...more
Kirstin DeGeer
Jan 15, 2012 Kirstin DeGeer rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-once, own-yes, manga
The first volume in this series gave me incredibly high hopes. It presented a dark futuristic world through stunning panels and very little text. The second volume introduced many of the players in this world, including the warring corporations now in charge (at least in Japan). I was willing to give a little there, since I was interested to know some of the background. However, the third volume moves from character to character and through plot developments with such reckless abandon that I oft ...more
Jun 27, 2012 Gina rated it liked it
I loved Blame although I could barely follow the plot. It may have had something to do with how compelling I found the brute willpower of the protagonist. Biomega's main character is similarly single-minded, but less interesting perhaps because the POV is now divided between him, another synthetic human like him, and the bad guys. The action is still amazing to look at, but because the story is just as scattered as in Blame, and quite fast-paced, I often wondered why the action was happening. Ho ...more
Geoff Sebesta
Oct 26, 2015 Geoff Sebesta rated it liked it
I would give this four stars except I'm three books in and I have absolutely no idea what's happening. There's a bear that rides around on a motorcycle and guns and an impressive amount of motion lines. But man can this dude draw.
Ken Lukken
Jan 16, 2016 Ken Lukken rated it it was ok
There's so many acronyms and so little dialogue and so many characters that look and act alike that it's almost impossible to understand what's going on and who we're supposed to care about--but that doesn't mean that it's not pretty.
Joshua Castleman
Dec 08, 2012 Joshua Castleman rated it liked it
The first chapter was terribly confusing, but after that, things cleared up a bit. The plot thickens and becomes more interesting. Of course, to be honest, I don't read his work for the story, I just love the artwork.
Malcolm Ross
Jun 15, 2013 Malcolm Ross rated it really liked it
This series is a confusing, but hard to put down, mostly because of how pretty it is.
That being said, I would whole heartedly recommend this to people who can appreciate a descent story and character development if the art is good enough. Also, you have to like sci-fi horror...
Ian Reay
Jan 29, 2015 Ian Reay rated it it was amazing
Not for the young or faint of heart, but certainly for adults who crave alternative literature to consume. 100% A+ excellent manga if you like deep, dark, violent, and mysterious....and of course the plot/story is way cool. If you enjoy adult manga, this is about as good as it gets.
Oct 07, 2010 Elsa rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-gn
That was a bit of a hot mess. The story got a little bit out of control, too many things going on, but the big gun came out again....
May 12, 2013 Oghenemarho rated it liked it
lost track of the story about halfway through. kept reading because of the artwork and action though
Ryan Viergutz
Dec 19, 2013 Ryan Viergutz marked it as science-fiction
Seriously bizarre series but I am liking it. Dark and twisted and generally just crazy pulp. I like the assassin girl but I doubt that's a surprise to anyone.
Jan 24, 2012 Shauntil rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
this was is alot slower than the first two i hope it winds back up in book 4 ..the graphics are still nicely drawn though and poor Kozlov
Ivan rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
mm rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2010
Jason Schilberg
Jason Schilberg rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Charlotte Omega
Charlotte Omega rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Pandorumism rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Lee rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2013
Jean-François Landry
Jean-François Landry rated it really liked it
May 11, 2016
Gmork rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Owen rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Cecilia rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Sigrid rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Vadigor rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Mongmaw rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Maximiliano Riquelme Serrano
Maximiliano Riquelme Serrano rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Julien rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2011
John rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Chris rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
  • Battle Royale Ultimate Edition Volume 1
  • Starcraft: Ghost Academy, Volume 1
  • Gunsmith Cats Omnibus, Volume 2
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 2 (Drifting Classroom)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 2 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #2)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1 (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection, #1)
  • The Vision of Escaflowne, Vol. 2
  • Der Mond: The Art of Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 15: The Titanic Tournament (Dragon Ball, #15)
  • MPD Psycho, Volume 7
See also 弐瓶 勉.

Tsutomu Nihei (弐瓶 勉 Nihei Tsutomu, born 1971) is a Japanese manga artist. His cyberpunk-influenced artwork has gained a strong cult following. He has a relatively large community of fans in Germany where his manga Blame!, NOiSE and Biomega were published by Ehapa. Blame! was also published in France and Spain by Glénat, in the US by Tokyopop and in Italy by Panini Comics.

At first he
More about Tsutomu Nihei...

Biomega / バイオメガ (6 books)
  • BIOMEGA バイオメガ 1 (Biomega Vol. 1)
  • Biomega, Bd. 2
  • Biomega, Tome 4
  • Biomega, Bd. 5
  • Biomega, Vol. 6 (Biomega, #6)