Start by marking “Stepping on Roses, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Stepping on Roses, Volume 2

Stepping on Roses, Volume 2 (Stepping On Roses #2)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  2,022 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
A rags-to-riches romance from the creator of Tail of the Moon!

Reads R to L (Japanese Style). A rags-to-riches romance from the creator of Tail of the Moon!

Published July 6th 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 25th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Stepping on Roses, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stepping on Roses, Volume 2

Shannon
Nov 29, 2011 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Oh my god, I think this is one of my new favorite mangas. I love pretty much everything about it. The major being the artwork. I can't stand to read any manga that has drawings I don't like. The cover to this volume was gorgeous! I took one look at it and started to drooling. One of my personal favorites was the drawings of when Soichiro jumped Sumi in bed. Not gonna lie, it was kinda hot. Also, still thinking that Sumi's brother is sexy. He's so attractive that even the prostitutes give him a s ...more
Amir at NotSoLiterary
May 26, 2014 Amir at NotSoLiterary rated it did not like it
TSTL girl with 2 assholes. I'm continuing on though.
Holly Letson
I'm really enjoying this series. But, Nozomu is getting really creepy. And, Soichiro needs to start letting Sumi into his heart, since she is his wife.
Jennette
Feb 22, 2016 Jennette rated it it was amazing
Loved it must read
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Sumi becomes torn when Soichiro's childhood friend Nozomu expresses romantic interest in her. While she is drawn to Nozomu, she is also committed to Soichiro as his wife. As Sumi fights off her feelings for Nozomu, how far will Nozomu go to win Sumi's love?

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed this volume more than the first one. I think it's because I understand the characters better. They aren't as black and white as they seemed in volume 1.

There's a lot going on in Soichirou's past. I understand why
Dani
Jun 03, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
It really amazed me how jazzed I was to read this volume - so much so I had to follow it up right away with volume 3!

I was irritated by Sumi falling for Nozomu when I really like Soichiro but really her liking him is understandable so I went with it and boy am I glad I did! This manga is extremely shallow at first glance and seems very contrived. But as you get into this volume you see that more is going on than meets the eye. I do really like Sumi. I like her morals and that she seems to be wor
Miss Ryoko
May 08, 2014 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Huh... well of course Soichiro isn't going to really be a bad guy... of COURSE it is his horrible, heartbreaking past that made him this way.... the manga-ka wrote something about how this story was going to be stereotypical because she likes this kind of stereotypical story... and she wasn't kidding!

Despite that, I'm still enjoying it. Unfortunately the library copy was missing a handful of pages. Someone before hand had torn out nearly all the chapter splash pages and some other random pages,
Theresa ♫
Nov 11, 2013 Theresa ♫ rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Do you like being disappointed? Or internally destroyed because of disgust?
Yeah, no.

I mean........NO.
This book gets a big NO.
A BIG FAT NO!

WHY AREN'T THESE CHARACTERS LOVABLE? They're not! I don't particularly like any of them . . .
AND IT SUCKS.

Okay . . . . . okay . . . this might turn into a rant.

1. A MARRIAGE WITHOUT LOVE?!
Okay I understand it's an arranged marriage and everything but it stresses the point of "No love in this marriage" so much that it's literally annoying my hair out of my head. I'M ALMOST BALD.
(I'm not really but I bet this would make an even more se
Becky
Nov 11, 2011 Becky rated it liked it
Joti
Aug 23, 2012 Joti rated it it was amazing
Dexter
Apr 15, 2016 Dexter rated it really liked it
I'm way too invested in this story. I'm a sucker for antiheroes. And Soichiro is one if ever I've seen one. I mean, he's a total evil jerk. Like, not in the romantic way either. He's a bad guy. And yet I'm definitely rooting for him (as long as he changes his ways a tad).

I like Sumi, even though she's the stereotypical character, and I like the children. I like Komai a lot. I did like Nozomu, but now he's just an idiot.

Man, I just want to read more.
Rhapsody
Apr 22, 2011 Rhapsody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, manga-shoujo
Sammie
Mar 14, 2016 Sammie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama
Omg it just gets better and better with every Volume, i can so see Sumi falling for Soichiro ,even though hes being a total dick right now ,hes trying to make her hate him but you can so see that he is developing feeling for Sumi .
Roxanne
Maybe it was just me but I didn't see the plot twists coming. S wants his wife to be seduced by N to gain power/convenient blackmailing fodder. N secretly looks down his nose at S and has, IMO, a Mr Darcy type of outlook as far rich and poor, legitimate and being born 'on the wrong side of blanket', and entitlement without any of Mr Darcy's appeal. I don't like N. Hopefully Sumi will find her voice/grow a spine as the series goes on and speak up for yourself. Don't know if I want Sumi to be eith ...more
Mikaela
Feb 28, 2015 Mikaela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Gaaah! Oh my gawd! Nozomu-kun is really pushing it. I know he likes and her all but she's already married to Souchirou! Sumi tries hard to avoid him but damn.. Komai is so sneaky! Grrr.. this is so frustrating
Drew Constance
As the story continues plot thickens, sabotage is high in spirits, betrayle is as sharp as a thorn and love and lust dominate the competition. With an undertone of darkness, and a lot of light humor in between the second installment was more addictive then the first. I cannot help falling for the poor children and their comedic ways, and Sumi who instead of following her heart acts out of duty and finds herself in a bit of a predicament come the end of the volume. We even get a darker glimps int ...more
Beth
Feb 09, 2014 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
2 l/2 stars-I don't know if it's the translation or the writing, but a lot of the dialogue is ridiculously juvenile. I'll continue to read, but hope it will improve.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Yikes, the story just got a little awkward. And now it seems there's a love triangle. Can't get more awkward than that.
Raven Black
Aug 11, 2016 Raven Black rated it liked it
That ending. Nozomu I knew there was something not right about that guy.
Kayla Warner
Oct 13, 2014 Kayla Warner rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book. Cute and conflicting and I really enjoyed it!
Kristine Hansen
Feb 22, 2014 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Nozomu, she's MARRIED! Good heavens man, keep your hands to yourself!
Haewen
En este segundo volumen parece que se va animando la cosa, ya se pone más interesante. 2,8 ...more
Nikol();
Feb 15, 2016 Nikol(); rated it liked it
Shelves: nyc, 2016-read, manga
HAHAHA, what in the actual fuck?!? I love it!
Alise  (Readers in Wonderland)
Right now I dislike her with both guys.
Sarah Kate
Shelves: manga-olvasott
3,5 stars
Camille
Oct 28, 2012 Camille rated it really liked it
- I read the whole thing in like 2 hours. It was pretty easy to understand. I like the forbidden love occurrence~

- Second time reading: I thought that it was amazing. I could tell that Soichiro fell in love with Sumi~ Nozomu can't understand that she is trying to get away from him. He's basically being a Soichiro in another form. He's taking Sumi away from what she wants. Al least he's doing it out of love~ <3
  • 悪魔とラブソング 5
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 05
  • The Earl and The Fairy, Volume 02
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 04 (Dawn of the Arcana, #4)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 06 (Black Bird, #6)
  • Dengeki Daisy 09 (Dengeki Daisy, #9)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 3 (Wild Ones, #3)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 5] (Faster than a Kiss #5)
Japanese name: 上田倫子

She is a Japanese manga artist who does mainly shojo manga. Her works are primarily serialized in Margaret magazine, with series published in collected volumes by Shueisha, though she has also been featured in fellow Shueisha publication Ribon, as well as illustrating the novel adaptation of her own Stepping on Roses series in Cobalt.
More about Rinko Ueda...

Stepping On Roses (9 books)
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1