Start by marking “Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14 (Ouran High School Host Club, #14)” as Want to Read:
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14 (Ouran High School Host Club, #14)

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14 (Ouran High School Host Club #14)

4.52  ·  Rating Details ·  6,297 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews

In this screwball comedy, Haruhi, a poor girl at a rich kids' school, is forced to repay an $80,000 debt by working for the school's swankiest, all-male club--as a boy! Then she discovers just how wealthy the six members are an how different the rich are from everybody else.

Hikaru has asked Haruhi to go out with him, but he doesn't want her answer right away. Yet at the

Published July 6th 2010 by VIZ Media (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
94th out of 653 books — 1,511 voters
Nana, Vol. 1 by Ai YazawaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 12 by Natsuki TakayaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaNana, Vol. 21 by Ai Yazawa
Most touching mangas
38th out of 109 books — 30 voters

More lists with this book...

Dec 19, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: type-manga
This was such a good volume. Hikaru is very considerate of the people around him. Though he wants to be with Haruhi, he doesn't want to pursue her in a way that would be unfair to her or Tamaki. He knows Tamaki has feelings for her, even if he hasn't come to terms with them yet. Now he's worried she may have feelings for him too. But he's not giving up so easily. I'm glad that he's doing something for himself, but I'm also glad that he's helping Tamaki grow up a little. Tamaki has been clinging ...more
Kelsey Hanson
May 04, 2016 Kelsey Hanson rated it liked it
Well that escalated quickly. I pretty much called the outcome for the whole Haruhi/Hikaru moment (along with probably most other readers). I will say I was not expecting the kidnapping and I love the other members' of the host club perfectly logical reaction to Tamaki when he described his theories as to why.
Sesana
May 15, 2013 Sesana rated it really liked it
Mori's silent short at the end is the best part of this volume, but it's a solid entry all around. I especially like how maturely the romantic conflicts are treated. There's a love triangle, sure, but it's done without vilifying any of the characters, or setting any of them at odds over it. Who would have thought that a silly series like this could handle a love triangle so well?
Miss Ryoko
Oct 12, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Well... the kidnapping storyline was a bit annoying. It always happens in these types of mangas. It's so over done and the fact that it was super random and really only served one (stupid, in my opinion) purpose, I was a bit over it.

The rest of the volume was okay though. Mori is a stud!
Eva Domínguez
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner
Sakurahan
Nov 06, 2016 Sakurahan rated it really liked it
Another great manga. The later volumes are definitely better.
Michelle. D.
Mar 13, 2011 Michelle. D. rated it it was amazing
Christina
Aug 09, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing
Hikaru has asked Haruhi to be his girlfriend, but he doesn't want her to answer him right away. At the same time, Hikaru is trying his best to get Tamaki to overcome his childhood trauma and realize his feelings for Haruhi before it's too late. But right as Tamaki begins to realize that what he feels for Haruhi is not fatherly love, a transfer student immediately clings to Tamaki, and even asks him to be her boyfriend after knowing him for only a week! Tamaki realizes that she is going through ...more
Jeffrey
Oct 04, 2016 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
With Hikaru's confession leaving us on a cliffhanger, Bisco Hatori has to come up with a solution that leaves the tension in place. By and large, that succeeds. Top it off with Tamaki's continued emotional development and a potential romantic rival for his affections and you've got a volume that does a great deal better than the previous one. Well worth reading.
Joti
Aug 14, 2016 Joti rated it it was amazing
Julie Hayes
Nov 07, 2012 Julie Hayes rated it it was amazing

Once Hikaru confesses his feelings to Haruhi during the class trip, he tells her to take her time and bolts from her presence. Tamaki shows up unexpectedly, concerned for his welfare, and Hikaru informs him of what he has done, adding may the best man win. Everyone is invited to the Hitachin family manor for an end of the year party. Will things come to a head there?

Haruhi comes to the party with Mei. She is still amazed at Hikaru’s confession, particularly that she never saw it coming. A disgu
Valeria Castillo
Sep 21, 2016 Valeria Castillo rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Actual rating is 4.5 Stars for vol. 14

Plot...All Plot

Hikaru has confessed his feelings for Haruhi during a class trip, but tells her to take her time answering. Tamaki shows up shortly after fearing for Hikaru's welfare when Hikaru unexpectedly tell him what he has done. Hikaru tries to get Tamaki to realize his own feelings by adding in "may the best man win".

The Hitachin family manor is volunteered for the end of the year party. Haruhi shows up with Mei who is amazed by Hikaru's confession
Nov 24, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Firstly I love this cover of this volume; Hikaru looks really cute with his black hair.
In the first episode Haruhi turns Hikaru down, which was sad even though I knew it was coming. In the second episode Tamaki is trying to work out his feelings now that Hikaru has made him realise that the Host Club are indeed not a family but they share close bonds all the same. At the end of the episode Haruhi is kidnapped. In the third episode the Host Club track Haruhi down and rescue her.
The fourth episode
Penny
Jan 14, 2013 Penny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read, manga
Let me start out by saying that i will be writing one review for this manga. At first i had watched the anime that was adapted from this manga and i fell in love with the characters. It is a funny, cheesy kinda gender-bender romantic plot.

Compared to the anime, the manga had far more details and other stories involved.
Ok enough with the anime.

As i mentioned before the plot is a comedy, cheesy romantic, gender-bender...
Haruhi is a scholarship student at an exclusive rich high school called Ouran
Lynn
Nov 16, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Today's post is on Ouran High School Host Club volume 14 by Bisco Hatori. It is 189 pages long and is published by Shojo Beat. As it is the fourteenth in the long running series you need to have read the first thirteen to understand the story. The cover has the twins on it. There is no language, no sex, and no violence in this volume. The story is told mostly from Haruhi's perspective. There Be Spoilers Ahead.

From the back of the book- Hikaru has asked Haruhi to go out ieht him, but he doesn't w
Emy
Mar 27, 2013 Emy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shoujo-manga, 2013
Having broken a priceless vase, Haruhi Fujioka is in debt to the host club, and this romantic comedy series follows her as she tries to pay it back.

*flails around*

This volume... wow. So much character/romance development. I can't contain all my feels! D: Or really say much without spoiling anything...

What I will say, though, is that Hatori did really well not to portray the potential love rival as a bitch. Actually, she's a very sweet girl. SO THERE IS NO REASON TO HATE HER. Despite the potentia
Cornerofmadness
Sep 10, 2010 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
Ashley
Jun 06, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
❅ (t.c) (hiatus: school)
FINALLY YOU IGNORANT DUMB HAPPY GO LUCKER GENEROUS SOUL TAMAKI. YOU REALIZED DIDN'T YOU? YEAH YOU DID. YOU GO TAMAKI. YEAH YOU GO. well as for Haruhi? Ehhh. She's getting there. I believe in the both of them :') Ah, this series is ending soon ;_; Oh well, while waiting for Kimi ni Todoke Mwha ha I shall read Bakuman, Bloody Monday, D. Gray Man, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, (yeah I decided to try more Shouen stuff, lol; trying to underatand the hype xD)

Ending off
Zen Cho
Nov 11, 2010 Zen Cho rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, written-by-poc
Darn, I bought this and Vol. 13 together and have just realised from looking at my reviews that I already own Vol. 13! Of course I knew I'd read it already but I thought it was 'cos I'd read it online. Oh well.

I have come to like the SPOILER Haruhi/Tamaki pairing more than I thought I would. I liked the giant tuna ring! I would wear that. :( And that the girl who falls for Tamaki and looks kind of like Haruhi but is nothing like her wasn't demonised. And Mori's wordless short was the cutest!

Also
Danielle
Mar 15, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
OK, I totally fell for this series while watching the anime on Netflix. I thought it was super cute and wanted to read the manga series. While I have read the ending already, I did want to buy at least a few of the later volumes so I could refer back to them and revel in the adorableness.

Plus, I find it very hard for me not to root for Tamaki and Haruhi. Even though I do like Hikaru as well, the concept of Tamaki and Haruhi is just to cute not to support. Besides, it's dorky love at it's best!
Lauren
Sep 11, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Haruhi is one of my favorite manga characters of all time. She is funny and strong even against a bushel of guys (strange kinds of guys by the way, but they are lovable too!) Even though all of the guys fit in their own individual stereotype that is exactly what makes the series as a whole so funny and enjoyable. The relationship between Haruhi and Tamaki is epic and I can tell you for a fact that I will be re-reading this series many times in the future!

I would really recommend watching the ani
Marilag
Jul 03, 2012 Marilag rated it really liked it
Again, more notes! This is really where the manga makes itself known with where the romance is going. As Hikaru said, the plot is developing!

I'm not sure how it happened, but Tamaki got more adorable as the manga went along, and so did Haruhi.

I knew Kyouya would always be fantastic with his insights, duh, and that little scene between him and Tamaki talking about the new girl was pretty telling in and of itself.

What else? Oh, yes. Giant. Tuna. Ring. That is really all that needs he said.
Kathryn
Mar 20, 2016 Kathryn rated it really liked it
It's a little strange reading a series 4 books from the end after like a months gap but anyway, the drama continues and I think we must be getting to the big climax. And after 14 volumes I can honestly say that I do really love this series but...

WHY IS IT SO BLOODY MESSY?!

The artwork and the story are really messy! It's like someone forgot to edit out all the random crap you get in a first draft.
Valentina
Sep 05, 2016 Valentina rated it really liked it
I wonder what their plan is.

Dexter
Apr 14, 2016 Dexter rated it it was amazing
So good. So much plot. Oh my stars.

Tamaki and Haruhi and the tuna ring. Best thing ever.

Megumi Kanoya? Great plot twist. Can't wait to see what happens.

Yeah, so this volume was kind of drawn out with lots of solitary meditating by Tamaki, but that in itself is rather interesting. Hikaru's come a long way too, not to mention Haruhi herself...

I also hated Mei in the beginning, but in this volume she kind of grew on me. Her and the twins make an interesting trio.
Rach
Oct 21, 2010 Rach rated it it was amazing
This right here is my current favorite manga series, my obsession, if I had to pick one. I love Haruhi and the boys, and the way they've grown and changed from the beginning of the series. This particular volume is excellent because it packs quite the emotional punch, both for Haruhi and for Tamaki. They are both so adorable obtuse, but that makes me love them even more. Once again, I can't wait for the next volume.
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 10 (Hana-Kimi, #10)
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 21
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 13
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...

Ouran High School Host Club (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2 (Ouran High School Host Club, #2)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 3 (Ouran High School Host Club, #3)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 4 (Ouran High School Host Club, #4)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 5 (Ouran High School Host Club, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 6 (Ouran High School Host Club, #6)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 7 (Ouran High School Host Club, #7)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 8 (Ouran High School Host Club, #8)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9 (Ouran High School Host Club, #9)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 (Ouran High School Host Club, #10)