Start by marking “Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 5

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 5 (Kimi ni Todoke #5)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  2,594 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Sawako finally realizes that her feelings for Kazehaya are more than just admiration. But this novice in love has a lot to learn about romance. Not that Chizu can help her out any--she's got enough worries of her own to deal with! Can either of these shy girls take the next step toward a real relationship?
Published August 3rd 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 22nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kimi ni Todoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kimi ni Todoke

Farhin
Maya
Review for volumes 5 - 6

Sawako's rival got taken care of and Sawako realized her feelings for Kazehaya - so how can you avoid having her confess and instead drag out the story some more? Right, switch focus on one of Sawako's best friends tragic love story. And to be save, make her just as oblivious as Sawako.

To be fair, at least Chizuru knows about her feelings, they're just for the wrong person. She's however completely oblivious to Ryu's feelings. And while volumes 5 and 6 deal with Chizuru's
Nicole
I'm sure I've said it before...I can't get enough of this series! So sweet; young love at its best. This volume is great because it shifts focus a bit to the relationship between Chizuru and Ryu. As we learned recently in the story, Ryu has feelings for Chizuru that go beyond "childhood friend." In this volume, we finally set what's holding him back - the crush that Chizuru has on Ryu's older brother, Tohru!

Am I alone in hoping that Chizuru and Ryu find their own love connection in the same way
Holly Letson
This series is always fun to read. I don't really like Kurumi much, but I do like how she came across more realistically in this volume than the others. It's cool how her and Sawako both keep feeling like they could have been friends, had they met under different circumstances. Yeah, love triangles probably don't make for the best friendships.

Also, I kinda wanted to see Sawako and Kazahaya kiss. They came so close to it.
Joy
Such a consistently enjoyable comfort read. While the two leads are very appealing, it's the supporting characters who help create the humorous and dramatic moments that make make this story stand out from the shojo crowd. The insight we get into Yoshida and Ryu in this volume is especially lovely.
Douglas Cootey
This was a good volume. it just wasn't as great as the others for me, perhaps because it involved side characters as the main focal points. I did, however, feel that the introduction of Ryu's brother was artfully done.
Elspeth
I love when Sawako and meets Pin in the movie rental store.
Adult movies.
*snickers*
Chikita Kodikal
*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Sawako Kurnoma had been constantly questioning her “relationship” with Shota Kazehaya and now she is convinced that her feelings for Kazehaya are more than just friendship-bound.
Yoshida, Sawako’s best friend, confesses to Sawako that she has a crush on Ryu’s brother, Toru. On the other hand, Ryu confides in Sawako regarding his feelings for Yoshida.

It is quite evident that over the last few series Sawako’s friendship with Yano and Yoshida has developed. By this point, they
Sariah
Sawako tries to pinpoint exactly when she started having feelings for Kazehaya. They all end up going to a sports day celebration party. Sawako falls asleep, Kazehaya finds her, and then he stays with her. It seems obvious to everyone that they like each other. In the meantime, Sawako is keeping Ryu's secret that he is in love with Chizu. But when she finds out that Chizu has a crush on Ryu's older brother, she doesn't know what to do. Ryu tries to keep Chizu from seeing him, but as they're all ...more
VampAmber
Okay, maybe Kurumi-chan isn't completely bad. She was just being mean, but she isn't a complete jerk. Still, she can't have Kazehara. He's all Sawako's. *pouts* I'm starting to think that Yoshida might be my favorite character (sorry Sawako). She's really funny sometimes, and reminds me a bit of myself. I hope the relationship stuff that's going on with her gets figured out soon. I want her to be happy (but with Ryu). Such a cute series. I'm sad that there's only 22 volumes out so far. But at le ...more
Dani
Oct 26, 2014 Dani rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of Sawako
Art is excellent, several really stellar frames.

I can read about Kazehaya and Sawako gradually falling in love forever! They are so cute and lovely and no one gets in the way of their love. I really like that. So many times, especially in modern storytelling we show people getting with someone they don't love simply because that person is persistent. Such isn't the case when the feelings are really there and the couple isn't selfish as the day is long!

The first two chapters are the best with the
*Miss Fame*
How did I miss writing a review for this book... I finished it almost a week ago and it's still here in my "currently-reading" list. Haha...just a reflection on how ridiculously busy my week has been.

Now that it's been a week I can't really remember what happened except for (view spoiler)
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Awwww this manga is so good because everything that happens is real. Kurumi is not as bitchy as I thought she was; I mean, of course she is mean but only because she is jealous of Sawako and Kazehaya together. Her feelings are understandable so that does not make her bad; only immature and jealous.

Poor Ryu who is in love with Chizu, who is in love with his older brother! He looks full of himself, but let see in the next volume...

There were many cute moments in this volume, like when Ayane was co
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
As Sawako questions how she really feels about Kazehaya, whether her feelings for him are real or...Chizu is happy because of a certain someone visiting and Ryu is acting strange because of it. Who could it be? Good cliffhanger ending that makes you wonder what will happen next in the story.
Jocelyne
October 2013: 5 Stars
AAAH FEELS! First of all, before we get to the source of my emotion, I'd just like to say that I'm so glad the Kurumi arc is done. She was seriously pissing me off.
Secondly, I love the chapter "Weekend". There are so many great moments in it!!! Especially that part between Sawako and Shota :3 squeee!
Next, Ryu and Chizu. For one thing, I agree with Sawako: they'd make a great couple. I adore Ryu and Chizu, so I, of course, love their chemistry. That's why the introduction of
Kristine Pratt
Ah...the characters around Sawako are growing and developing as well. Yano...the hints of the relationship she's in is disturbing. Chizu is conflicted as well. I love how so much is pulled into this story, how real the characters are becoming to me. I can't wait to move forward from here and see what happens next!
Hana Bilqisthi
persahabatan Yano, Yoshidan dan Sawako sweet banget
Mereka bertiga sebanarnya bukan tipe yang keliatan bakal cocok (kalau cuma liat dari penampilan luar)
tapi ternyata mereka cocok dan saling memahami satu sama lain
:D
Rachel MacNaught
i feel like the story is being dragged out unrealistically at this point. i am enjoying aspects of the sideplot as i rather like the male characters. ryu's emotions are charming. and kurumi being unraveled is kind of amusing. sadako's friendship solidifying it cute.

..but i like i'm losing interest. makeupface (whose name i still haven't learned.. aha) had the potential for A VERY INTERESTING SUBPLOT and yet no one even caresss about the onllyyy interesting thinggg going onnnnn.
it's cued up #6 t
Manga_inamorata
WAY TO LONG!

SERIOUSLY It takes way to long for the romance to start between them. It's so annoying.
Diana
Sorry, dude. You just got friendzoned...or should I say brotherzoned
Kat
Un bon volume qui m'a rendue un peu triste.
Gigi
So Ume isn't too much of a bitch as I thought she was.
Pretty Angelia
Kimi Ni Todoke: My Feelings, will it reach to you?

Sebenernya diumur yang tua (?) ini udah nggak seneng baca manga shoujo (yang khusus cewek). Aku lebih prefer ke shounen (manga khusus cowok) yang jalan ceritanya lebih pelik dan punya plot unik.

Tapi Kimi Ni Todoke pengecualian.
Sebenernya plot manga ini cenderung klise. Dan ke-klise-an itu yang Karuho Shiina tonjolkan di sini.

Adegan romantisnya nggak lebay. Itu yang saya acungi jempol >.<
Sepertinya manga shoujo ini bakal saya koleksi tankou
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Kimi ni Todoke is such an innocent love story between Sawako and Kazehaya that will make you "aww" during every scene that they share together. Watching the lives of Sawako and her friends, you just can't help but fall in love with all the characters that band together with her. I definitely recommend this books to all shojo fans or anyone who wants to watch such innocence and adorableness bloom <3
Eddie Copperpot♥
Mira, odio los rumores :V
Jessica
Shouta and Sawako fall in love to each other! but they think they're in unrequited love. it's so distressing!! a lot of thing happened, and new character has appeared! Ryuu niichan, Tooru. what a handsome man!! doesn't look similar at all to Ryuu (but why Yoshida said they're alike?). I woner what would Ryuu told Yoshida before his brother arrived~
Jessica-Robyn
There are so many cute Sawako moments in this volume that I wouldn't even know where to begin, as well as some added development for Ryu. The only downside was that nothing incredibly significant happened in terms of the overall story till the very last chapter/pages.
Aldi
Por fin dejamos de molestar tanto con Kurumi y nos enfocamos en Ryu y Chizu *.* Que ni me lo esperaba, la verdad. Pobre Ryu, realmente espero que puedan terminar juntos, me encantan juntos.

Y ahora a dormir que ya son las 2am y mañana tengo clases :|
Morel Dei
Nothing that exciting happened in this volume, but it was still fun.
Chelsea
I really enjoyed this volume and thought that chapter 18: "Weekend" was a lot of fun.

Contains Chapters: 17 - 20
Chapter 17.) Rival
Chapter 18.) Weekend
Chapter 19.) Chizuru's Crush
Chapter 20.) Big Brother's Homecoming
  • Love★Com, Vol. 2
  • High School Debut, Vol. 08  (High School Debut, #8)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 10 (Strobe Edge, #10)