Start by marking “Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 5

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 5 (Kimi ni Todoke #5)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,951 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Sawako finally realizes that her feelings for Kazehaya are more than just admiration. But this novice in love has a lot to learn about romance. Not that Chizu can help her out any--she's got enough worries of her own to deal with! Can either of these shy girls take the next step toward a real relationship?
Published August 3rd 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published November 22nd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kimi ni Todoke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kimi ni Todoke

Farhin
Mar 11, 2015 Farhin rated it it was amazing
Maya
Dec 30, 2012 Maya rated it it was ok
Review for volumes 5 - 6

Sawako's rival got taken care of and Sawako realized her feelings for Kazehaya - so how can you avoid having her confess and instead drag out the story some more? Right, switch focus on one of Sawako's best friends tragic love story. And to be save, make her just as oblivious as Sawako.

To be fair, at least Chizuru knows about her feelings, they're just for the wrong person. She's however completely oblivious to Ryu's feelings. And while volumes 5 and 6 deal with Chizuru's
Nicole
Aug 16, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I'm sure I've said it before...I can't get enough of this series! So sweet; young love at its best. This volume is great because it shifts focus a bit to the relationship between Chizuru and Ryu. As we learned recently in the story, Ryu has feelings for Chizuru that go beyond "childhood friend." In this volume, we finally set what's holding him back - the crush that Chizuru has on Ryu's older brother, Tohru!

Am I alone in hoping that Chizuru and Ryu find their own love connection in the same way
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Still cute. Still don't like Ume. Will read more.
Holly Letson
This series is always fun to read. I don't really like Kurumi much, but I do like how she came across more realistically in this volume than the others. It's cool how her and Sawako both keep feeling like they could have been friends, had they met under different circumstances. Yeah, love triangles probably don't make for the best friendships.

Also, I kinda wanted to see Sawako and Kazahaya kiss. They came so close to it.
Joy
Oct 01, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it
Such a consistently enjoyable comfort read. While the two leads are very appealing, it's the supporting characters who help create the humorous and dramatic moments that make make this story stand out from the shojo crowd. The insight we get into Yoshida and Ryu in this volume is especially lovely.
Mar 19, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
Actual rating is 2.5 stars

Thoughts and Plot

After being rejected by Kazehaya, Kurumi has decided that Sawako is a worthy rival. Sawako looks up the meaning (a girl after my own heart who has a thing for dictionaries) in her dictionary "A worthy opponent."

Chizu and Ayane visit Sawako's home. And once again we get to see Sawako's parents!!! I love her parents. they're quite funny and they have a role reversal going on where the dad is all emotional and the mom is more of the family 'rock' so to s
Douglas Cootey
Mar 14, 2012 Douglas Cootey rated it liked it
This was a good volume. it just wasn't as great as the others for me, perhaps because it involved side characters as the main focal points. I did, however, feel that the introduction of Ryu's brother was artfully done.
Elspeth
Oct 20, 2014 Elspeth rated it it was amazing
I love when Sawako and meets Pin in the movie rental store.
Adult movies.
*snickers*
Chikita Kodikal
Jun 13, 2015 Chikita Kodikal rated it really liked it
*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Sawako Kurnoma had been constantly questioning her “relationship” with Shota Kazehaya and now she is convinced that her feelings for Kazehaya are more than just friendship-bound.
Yoshida, Sawako’s best friend, confesses to Sawako that she has a crush on Ryu’s brother, Toru. On the other hand, Ryu confides in Sawako regarding his feelings for Yoshida.

It is quite evident that over the last few series Sawako’s friendship with Yano and Yoshida has developed. By this point, they
Sariah
Jun 15, 2015 Sariah rated it it was amazing
Sawako tries to pinpoint exactly when she started having feelings for Kazehaya. They all end up going to a sports day celebration party. Sawako falls asleep, Kazehaya finds her, and then he stays with her. It seems obvious to everyone that they like each other. In the meantime, Sawako is keeping Ryu's secret that he is in love with Chizu. But when she finds out that Chizu has a crush on Ryu's older brother, she doesn't know what to do. Ryu tries to keep Chizu from seeing him, but as they're all ...more
VampAmber
Dec 01, 2014 VampAmber rated it it was amazing
Okay, maybe Kurumi-chan isn't completely bad. She was just being mean, but she isn't a complete jerk. Still, she can't have Kazehara. He's all Sawako's. *pouts* I'm starting to think that Yoshida might be my favorite character (sorry Sawako). She's really funny sometimes, and reminds me a bit of myself. I hope the relationship stuff that's going on with her gets figured out soon. I want her to be happy (but with Ryu). Such a cute series. I'm sad that there's only 22 volumes out so far. But at le ...more
Dani
Oct 26, 2014 Dani rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Sawako
Art is excellent, several really stellar frames.

I can read about Kazehaya and Sawako gradually falling in love forever! They are so cute and lovely and no one gets in the way of their love. I really like that. So many times, especially in modern storytelling we show people getting with someone they don't love simply because that person is persistent. Such isn't the case when the feelings are really there and the couple isn't selfish as the day is long!

The first two chapters are the best with the
Miss Ryoko
Aug 12, 2012 Miss Ryoko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, library-book
How did I miss writing a review for this book... I finished it almost a week ago and it's still here in my "currently-reading" list. Haha...just a reflection on how ridiculously busy my week has been.

Now that it's been a week I can't really remember what happened except for (view spoiler)
Ren
This series continues to be adorable, and I really love the majority of the characters and relationships. However, Pin's relationship with the students is a little uncomfortable and quite annoying, and I fid his charcacter uncomfortable and annoying. For me, his presence detracts rather than adds anything, so the fact that he was quite present in this volume bumped it down from the standard 4-stars that I've been giving the other volumes.
Yue
Awwww this manga is so good because everything that happens is real. Kurumi is not as bitchy as I thought she was; I mean, of course she is mean but only because she is jealous of Sawako and Kazehaya together. Her feelings are understandable so that does not make her bad; only immature and jealous.

Poor Ryu who is in love with Chizu, who is in love with his older brother! He looks full of himself, but let see in the next volume...

There were many cute moments in this volume, like when Ayane was co
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 25, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it it was amazing
As Sawako questions how she really feels about Kazehaya, whether her feelings for him are real or...Chizu is happy because of a certain someone visiting and Ryu is acting strange because of it. Who could it be? Good cliffhanger ending that makes you wonder what will happen next in the story.
Jocelyne
Oct 11, 2013 Jocelyne rated it it was amazing
October 2013: 5 Stars
AAAH FEELS! First of all, before we get to the source of my emotion, I'd just like to say that I'm so glad the Kurumi arc is done. She was seriously pissing me off.
Secondly, I love the chapter "Weekend". There are so many great moments in it!!! Especially that part between Sawako and Shota :3 squeee!
Next, Ryu and Chizu. For one thing, I agree with Sawako: they'd make a great couple. I adore Ryu and Chizu, so I, of course, love their chemistry. That's why the introduction of
Kristine Hansen
Jul 08, 2015 Kristine Hansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Ah...the characters around Sawako are growing and developing as well. Yano...the hints of the relationship she's in is disturbing. Chizu is conflicted as well. I love how so much is pulled into this story, how real the characters are becoming to me. I can't wait to move forward from here and see what happens next!
Hana Bilqisthi
persahabatan Yano, Yoshidan dan Sawako sweet banget
Mereka bertiga sebanarnya bukan tipe yang keliatan bakal cocok (kalau cuma liat dari penampilan luar)
tapi ternyata mereka cocok dan saling memahami satu sama lain
:D
Rachel MacNaught
Mar 16, 2013 Rachel MacNaught rated it it was ok
i feel like the story is being dragged out unrealistically at this point. i am enjoying aspects of the sideplot as i rather like the male characters. ryu's emotions are charming. and kurumi being unraveled is kind of amusing. sadako's friendship solidifying it cute.

..but i like i'm losing interest. makeupface (whose name i still haven't learned.. aha) had the potential for A VERY INTERESTING SUBPLOT and yet no one even caresss about the onllyyy interesting thinggg going onnnnn.
it's cued up #6 t
Manga_inamorata
Sep 17, 2014 Manga_inamorata rated it it was ok
WAY TO LONG!

SERIOUSLY It takes way to long for the romance to start between them. It's so annoying.
Diana
Jul 29, 2015 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sorry, dude. You just got friendzoned...or should I say brotherzoned
Juhina
Dec 14, 2015 Juhina rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
3.5/5 stars
Not enough plot progress in this one
Kat
Jul 05, 2015 Kat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un bon volume qui m'a rendue un peu triste.
Gigi
So Ume isn't too much of a bitch as I thought she was.
Pretty Angelia
Jun 15, 2014 Pretty Angelia rated it really liked it
Kimi Ni Todoke: My Feelings, will it reach to you?

Sebenernya diumur yang tua (?) ini udah nggak seneng baca manga shoujo (yang khusus cewek). Aku lebih prefer ke shounen (manga khusus cowok) yang jalan ceritanya lebih pelik dan punya plot unik.

Tapi Kimi Ni Todoke pengecualian.
Sebenernya plot manga ini cenderung klise. Dan ke-klise-an itu yang Karuho Shiina tonjolkan di sini.

Adegan romantisnya nggak lebay. Itu yang saya acungi jempol >.<
Sepertinya manga shoujo ini bakal saya koleksi tankou
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)