Start by marking “Christmas Letters” as Want to Read:
Christmas Letters

Christmas Letters (Blossom Street #3.5)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  4,873 Ratings  ·  369 Reviews
Katherine O'Connor often spends her days at a cozy cafe on Blossom Street in Seattle--where she writes Christmas letters for other people. She's good at making their everyday lives sound more interesting. More humorous. More dramatic.But for Dr. Wynn Jeffries, who also frequents the cafe, Christmas means lies and deception. In fact, the renowned child psychologist recommen ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Letters

Mandy Crider
Nov 06, 2015 Mandy Crider rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice Christmas story about two completely different people coming together. Debbie sure knows how to write a romance. Recommend, definitely around Christmas!
Christmas Letters is #3.5 of Debbie Macomber's romance/women's fiction series titled: Blossom Street. I have never read any of the books in this series before; Christmas Letters was the first. I wanted to read a Christmas story and the audio was available at my library so it was kind of a convenience reading choice. Overall, it was OK. I didn't dislike it but it's not something I would necessarily recommend to others either. Some parts of the story put me in the Christmas mood which is why I b
Felicia
Dec 26, 2010 Felicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
This is kind of a spoiler review but not really, I mean we all know how all romance books end don't we, happily ever after.

This is a hard review for me because I really enjoyed reading this book but at the same time there were a lot of things that really bothered me about it too. I think the best way to review this book is to give a list of the things that bothered me and then sum it all up with why I liked it.

Things that bugged me

1- Katherine's nickname being K.O. it's just dumb I trained mysel
Amber
Sep 12, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks-library
For my first debbie macomber book, this was a pretty good read about a Christmas romance in Seattle and christmas letters.
Esra
Feb 01, 2017 Esra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blossom Sokağı'nda geçen keyifli bir Noel hikayesi :)
K.O. ve kedi aşığı komşusu, ilerleyen kitaplarda örgü kursunda karşımıza çıkacak herhalde..
Jackie Lane
Oct 24, 2011 Jackie Lane rated it really liked it
What a cute book about Christmas this was. I loved the spin with the writing of the Christmas letters. Although this book takes place partially on Blossom Street, it really has nothing to do with the Blossom Street series. Until the very end of the book, very little is written about Blossom Street.

As always there were likeable characters such as Max, Wynn & LaVonne. The "Z" household was also a lot of fun with everything from dogs to adults having a name with a "Z". The unique twist of the
Susan (susayq ~)
My mom has been on a Debbie Macomber kick since I introduced her to the tv show Cedar Cove, which is based on Debbie's writing. Mom went through all the Cedar Cove books and is now working on the Blossom Street ones. This is one of the Blossom Street ones. I heard her laughing as she read it, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. This was exactly what I needed to read today. It was light and fluffy and funny and what you expect from a Christmas romance.
Um.... Is there supposed to be someone in this book I actually like? Because it just did NOT happen for me.

The main Character "K.O." allowed her sister to treat her like crap. Seriously. If someone treated ME like her sister treated her - I would go OFF. I think the rudneness and selfish behavior of the people in this book was supposed to be the comedy portion of the book - but I was NOT feeling it. It just came across as a bunch of immature jerks banging into each other.

I had a really hard ti
Kristen
Jul 02, 2012 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Another excellent book by Debbie Macomber! This book is a part of her blossom street series. Did not know that while I was reading the series so I went back and read it. A very easy read. Could not put the book down once I started it.
Melissa
I really enjoyed this story!
Katherine ( nickname K.O ) does not agree with the theories in Wynn Jefferies book -- but despite that...they are drawn to each other.
They live near each other - and they have a neighbor who predicts romances in a very cute way!

I like the idea of Christmas Letters, and the way that Christmas Letters are interwoven in this story.
Great Christmas book!
Elizabeth
Dec 10, 2011 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute
Voolaa P
Dec 25, 2016 Voolaa P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A sweet Christmas romance, but that was all it was!
Candice
Dec 17, 2016 Candice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read a few of Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street books and I have forgotten how much I enjoy them. Debbie's writing style is easy going and lighthearted. This was a fun read.

Insta-love in YA books can be frustrating but in a short Christmas story like this, it works.

See my full review on my blog.
Jessica  Sinn (Books and Trouble)
I have a confession to make: I am a sucker for Christmas romance books and Lifetime movies that ooze with sentimentality. Come on ladies, you have to admit those movies of the week are so bad, they’re good! I don’t know if it’s the scent of balsam pine that fills the air, or the twinkling fairy lights that transform my normally drab living room into a winter wonderland, but Christmastime always brings out the sap in me.

That’s why I couldn’t resist picking up “Christmas Letters,” a paint-by-the-n
Teri
Oct 13, 2009 Teri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas Letters by Debbie Macomber

In Debbie's 2006 Christmas offering, we find Katherine O'Connor writing Christmas letters in a cozy cafe. She writes for people who don't have the time and makes them sound more charming and dramatic. While in the cafe, she meets the reknowned Psychologist Wynn Jeffries, who is the author of The Free Child that touts that "parents bury Santa under the sleigh." K.O., as Katherine is called, has a sister Zelda who thinks Dr. Jeffries is wonderful and raises her
Staceyj
Dec 12, 2016 Staceyj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute Christmas Story with romance, comedy, and stubbornness thrown in. Fast and fun. Definitely worth a read.
Evelyn
Nov 28, 2007 Evelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: stefanie
Shelves: funny, romance
Debbie Macomber’s Christmas stories have the reputation for putting readers in the spirit of the season. Christmas Letters, written in 2006, is one of my favorites. Katherine “KO” O'Connor writes creative and cheery Christmas letters for people who aren't up to the task themselves, making their lives seem more interesting, more humorous—even more dramatic. She often writes in a coffee shop where she happens upon Dr. Wynn Jeffries, the psychologist whose philosophy on child rearing called the “Fr ...more
Heather Chandler
I like this book! It just goes to show that you really can't judge a person until you get to know them! The main character K.O. writes christmas letters for people as a side job. while having an interview with a client about writing his family christmas letter she accidentally bumps into and then follows a man who writes a book on deciplining children. Her sis followes the book more literally than she should and K.O. resents the author for turing her nieces into terriors! She eventually confront ...more
Annalisa
Nov 08, 2010 Annalisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I particularly enjoyed this book because I have read The Shop On Blossom Street and a lot of characters from that book are tied into this one.

From Publisher's Weekly:
Katherine O'Connor, a Seattle medical transcriptionist, has a booming sideline business, writing other people's Christmas letters. A run-in with Dr. Wynn Jeffries, however,ruins her holiday cheer. Katherine's sister is a devotee of Jeffries's Free Child movement, advocating "no boundaries for kids," a technique that has turned Kath
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Tis the season, so I picked this up at the library knowing I would be able to finish it in an hour or two when I needed not to think.
I was actually expecting something a little more sacharine than this turned out to be. The protagonists start out disliking each other intensly before inexplicably falling in love within a week. There really isn't enough depth to the story to comment on the characters or plot but I enjoyed Dr Jeffries getting his comeuppance in regards to his 'Free Child' theory,
Katie W
Dec 19, 2010 Katie W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, clean holiday romance. Katherine writes Christmas letters for other people and is on the hunt for a publishing job. Wynn is the author of a child-raising book that Katherine's sister uses religiously....and Katherine totally disagrees with. Fate would have it that they meet up and end up dating. Lavonna was such a fun character. Literally, a character! I liked how much of a love-hate relationship Wynn and KO had and how they worked through it. Lots of ups and downs, but cute and clean.
Loraine
Nov 22, 2011 Loraine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Macomber once again hit pay dirt with another Blossom Street story. This comedy, filled with zany characters, was a delightfully quick and enjoyable Christmas read. The three main characters, Katherine (K.O.), Wynn and LaVonne, are wonderfully quirky. Christmas brings each of them a better balance in life between the magical spirit of Christmas and reality as well as between their inner child and adult responsibility.
Heidi
May 16, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I would think my neighbor was crazy, just like Katherine (K.O.) if I was told I was going to fall in love, especially with a man I almost hated, and that the kitty litter told her so. Having 4 kids of my own I also did not like Wynn's viewpoint of child rearing.
Debbie Macomber worked her magic and tied it all up with a pretty ribbon just in time for Christmas.
Beliz Yaren
Jan 03, 2015 Beliz Yaren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Macomber'dan okuduğum ilk kitaptı. Yılbaşı günü okumak için almıştım. İndirimdeydi. Çok fazla bir beklentim yoktu. Fakat K.O. ve Wynn arasında geçen aşk beni kitaba bağladı. Sadece ikisinin yaşadığı çelimsizliklerden rahatsız oldum. Ama yazar onu da sonunda bağladı. Yazarın diğer kitaplarını da okumak istiyorum. Okudum, bitti, mutluyum :)
Kristin
Oct 28, 2014 Kristin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
That sound you heard was me gagging and gafawing as I rolled my eyes while listening to this book. Oh and don't worry about the fact the main character clearly has an eating disorder that the author doesn't seem to care about but instead supports. I hated this book and will never read another Macomber. Sorry for choosing hot book club friends.
Kristen DeSimone
I really did enjoy it but only gave three stars since it is very predictable and simply written. But I am a sucker for all things Christmas and light romances with Christmas as the backdrop that end happy are a favorite of mine to read over the holidays, which is when I read this. Worth it if you like very light chick-lit...and Christmas!
Maureen Mullis
Feb 14, 2012 Maureen Mullis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
Sweet holiday romance! I enjoyed this story. Debbie Macomber has a nice way of telling a story, and this was cute. Two apparently mis-matched people fall in love over the holidays, and Macomber takes you on a tour through Seattle at Christmas. Fun. If you like romance and the holiday season, you'll enjoy this book!
Gaylee
Jun 22, 2012 Gaylee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
K O was so funny. She opens her mouth without thinking and inserts foot(at times). The one person she trashed turns out to be more. And she could turn some pretty dull info into some amazing Christmas letter. It was a fun book for sure.
Sara
Jun 02, 2008 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At Christmas time I love to pick up a few good Christmas books and I usually pick up a Debbie Macomber book. This was a good one. It's so fun to cozy up next to my fireplace and read a Christmas book.
Jessi
Sep 02, 2008 Jessi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessi by: Mom
This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for over a year now and I have finally decided to read it. Boy was I suprised to realize that it was immensely interesting! If you like funny romantic movies, then you will love this book! It made me laugh and kept me wanting to read more.
Debbie Macomber Novel Group - 2015 December Group Read Book 1 1 Dec 02, 2015 06:40AM
The Happy Housewi...: Christmas Letters 1 3 Nov 12, 2015 07:14AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #108 - Christmas Letters 1 1 Jul 02, 2015 11:44AM
The Happy Housewi...: Christmas Letters 1 6 Nov 27, 2014 06:24AM
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • The Snow Globe
  • Christmas with Tucker
  • The Christmas Wish
  • Christmas at Harrington's
  • The Paper Bag Christmas
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • Silver Bells
  • The Christmas Scrapbook (Harmony, #5.5)
  • The Christmas Clock
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • The Christmas Tree
  • The Christmas Pearl
  • The Shepherd, the Angel, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog
  • Silver Bells
  • An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #8)
  • Mistletoe and Molly
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Blossom Street (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 )
  • A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2)
  • Susannah's Garden (Blossom Street, #3)
  • Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)
  • Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)
  • Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)
  • Hannah's List (Blossom Street, #7)
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
  • Blossom Street Brides (Blossom Street #10)