Start by marking “Wes and Toren” as Want to Read:

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,736 ratings  ·  181 reviews
It's not so easy being young, gay, and in love for the first time at the average high school. Senior Toren Grey cares more about his family and his grades than what brand of clothes he wears. He agrees with the majority consensus that he's a nerd. So he's quite surprised when resident bad boy Wesley Carroll speaks to him in the hall, stirring feelings that Toren has to hid ...more
Nook, 1st Edition, 304 pages
Published January 26th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published January 12th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Wes and Toren, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wes and Toren

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
This book was a really enjoyable read for me. It is sweet sweet sweet coming of age story and just a perfect weekend book.

I loved that Wes always knew what he wanted, and was not afraid at all of his sexuality. He was a hot, confident character and I was totally won over by him. Toren irked me a bit with his reluctance to be open with their relationship but I adored them as a couple.

One of the best things about this book is the sex. Oh man!! They do it like horny little bunnies the whole time (
Daisiemae
This book was much better than I thought it was going to be. UNFORTUNATELY it is in first person. In my opinion, I think it would have been better in 3rd, but it was still good. I just would have liked to have known what was going through Wes's mind throughout the book.

Toren is a shy, very intelligent, semi-geeky guy. Because he is so shy, he doesn't have any friends and is often overlooked, unless someone needs help with their schoolwork. It is close to the end of his senior year in high schoo
Heller
This was a very sweet-natured story about two young guys starting a relationship in high school and the heady days of getting to know each other as they fall in love through graduation and beyond. This is a gentle story with likeable MC's and some strong secondary characters. The storyline is quiet and there are a few bumps along the road as their relationship grows but there is a very strong emotional connection between them. It's a very HFN and I would love to say HEA but they're very young st ...more
Deeze
This started out a sweet and simple story, reminding me of my first forrays into the MM scene. Unfortunately, for me, it never progressed beyond simplistic. If anything it deteriorated into a excuse to write sex scenes.

The story was too drawn out with no real attention given to the issues of Wes and his parents or even the struggle two guys fresh from high school would of encountered while trying to set up house. Instead everything neatly fell into place, with the minimum of effort.

A lot of pad
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★

An Unforgettable Couple!

and OMG, the Lab scene PRICELESS! I Loved it!

The writing style is easy flowing and I really liked that.

In reading this sweet book I found~

Torren with his heart on his sleeve attempting to gain the courage to resist the hurts of life, this was written well....big hug...he was so freaking lovable

Wes, would say Honey I'm home..."Gimmie Sex"
Now that was one of my favorite lines...It is the perfect written depiction of a teen embracing his new life, Wes, had
Wade
Wesley and Toren are great together. For the first half of the book I was sucked into a marvelous romance. I LOVE Wesley! Besides the fact that I love the name, AND the fact that Wesley's birthday is the day after Darian's (lol) AND he has dark brown eyes! I seriously liked the way he carried himself. Very confident, very sexy. Toren was adorable. I could feel his insecurity and I could see him change as time went on,

After mid-way, I just kept feeling like there was too much sex. (Did I just say
Nichole (Dirrty H)
I really really really really enjoyed this book, a lot. But I have a few complaints, and that's why I can only give it 4 stars.

1. Overuse of the word "frig" and its many variations.
2. Complete lack of plot. It was just cute scene after hot scene after funny scene, and the last scene didn't feel particularly more final than any other scene that preceded it. It just went on and on forever and then it ended for no reason.
3. Most m/m books are just too short to really do the characters justice, but
L-D
Toren and Wesley are in high school. Tor is a self-professed nerd and is surprised when gorgeous, popular Wesley starts saying hi to him at school. Tor can't understand why Wes is paying attention to him or why he wants to be partners on a history project. The project brings them together and eventually their relationship grows into much more. The story follows the two boys over a number of years and tracks the growth in their relationship, as well as their growth from boys to men as they are fo ...more
Anna Matsuyama
I really love the cover of this book; it is third book what I have read with the same picture on it.
As to the story I am disappointment and I even didn’t have big expectation from the start.
The writing is juvenile. There is almost none descriptions of people or places. For some reason Toren cries or gets teary eyed for every small thing, that was a bit strange.
Absence of plot. One reviewer compared this as some sort of diary but honestly I believe that openly gay 18(?) years old student’s lif
Jackie
This was a great story. I fell in love with torren,s family.

I found it full of thought looking through someone's eyes from the beginning of romance.I do not want to spoil anything but OMG the dance loved it!

Well done!
Glass
Oh my God!!! This book is like gay sex guide. If you ever wonder how they do it, read this book. You'll get all the answers here. And be ready to take a COLD shower - frequently!
Isabel
Wes and Toren story is beautiful and sweet!!! I loved this book!
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This is definitely a sweet read and while nothing really exciting happens, the interactions between the two MCs and what they go through just to be together was interesting to me and kept me hooked on the book.

Toren and Wesley have to be about the exact opposites. Wesley's the 'bad boy' while Toren is the 'nerd'. Wesley does drugs and drinks while Toren doesn't. Toren's family is accepting and loving while Wesley's family, aside from the brother, are mean and bigoted. Toren has no self-confidenc
Jeff Erno
Wes & Toren is a touching, young-adult gay romance. Set in the present day and told in the first-person narrative by Toren, a shy and studious gay teen,the story chronicles the budding romance and eventual long-term relationship of an endearing teen couple.

Using the classic badboy-meets-angel format, the author portrays Wesley as a rough-around-the-edges street kid who falls hard for his bookwormish classmate Toren. Wes pursues him with a vengeance and of course Toren is ultimately swept of
Madison Parker
I would rate this book 5 stars based on the biology lab scene alone!! Even without that brilliant scene, it's a 5-star novel with the best ending of any M/M romance book I've read (and I've read A LOT of them). I won't give it away, but it's AMAZING.

Wes and Toren are two gay teens who meet in high school and start dating. Toren is very shy, but luckily Wes has the guts to approach him and make the first move. Although they're two very different people (Wes is an outspoken bad boy who comes from
Ery
Wes and Toren is a sweet tale about a high-school nerd and confident bad boy (with a sensitive side) who meet and fall for each other. As is often the case in real life, try struggle with family, work, school, and their own insecurities. The relationship between the two main characters was somewhat adorable and it was a joy to see them grow into their relationship.

Still, it was a fairly tension less book, and I kept waiting for something to happen to tear my world apart (the angst monkey was bea
S.
A meandering tale, as described in other reviews as a series of episodes in the two main characters lives. I didn't enjoy it being in the first person, and must admit I kept reading it because I was waiting for something MAJOR to happen. But it didn't. And I guess in a way,that's what made this book so normal - it's like having a gay friend do a diary for you (perhaps with TMI) where he tells you about his day, a little bit about his sex life, etc but there's nothing to make you flip the pages t ...more
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This is the ultimate comfort read for me. It's just a sweet story. It's long and it's relaxed like someone taking a leisurely walk through a park on a spring day.

There was a natural progression to Wes and Toren's relationship. There was no insta-love and they don't have sex two minutes after they meet.

Is it exciting? Not really. Is it titillating? No. The story did, however, feel like an honest look at how a highschool sweetheart relationship might go.

Toren's a bookish, shy and sort of geeky
Gigi
Dec 24, 2014 Gigi marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me  ·  review of another edition
MCs are too young for my interest at this time.
Major English (Laura)
If you read this book... Just be prepared to read one of the most sexually explicit things you have ever read in your life... That's how I feel about it anyways. My goodness, these boys (who are in love) go at it like bunnies.. (Do bunnies even go at it that much? Is that saying even accurate? Hmm...) This is just a note and an observation- I am not trying to sway you one way or another. Just a heads up that you will find lots of m/m eroticism here as exemplified in the memorable line: "Honey, I ...more
Lynnebaby
I really wanted to like this one. I got all the way to page 76, almost a quarter of the way through the book and just couldn't take it anymore. I understand that the characters where in high school, but the writing seemed to be a bit high school as well. The transitions between chapters was awkward. The characterizations were flat. The plot/story was very simple and the tone was too passive for me to become invested in the narrator or his issues.
Just not my cup of tea.
Dana
Who needs plot when there's tons of repetitive sex scenes?

For Karen, some quotes:

"Oh Wesley!"
"The cup that held my desire was overflowing."
"I collapsed on top of him, the place of our union tingling and warm."

And I must mention the best scene ever wherein Toren swabs his mouth for a lab project and ends up looking at Wes' sperm under a microscope! How embarrassing! Of course, the prof says not to worry and why not try the LGBT club? So sweet.

Trisha Harrington
This book is a favourite of mine, I love the book and the two main characters. Wes and Torren start a relationship that survives a few issues but they do their best to be grown up and talk to each other. I fell in love with both characters. Torrens mother and sister were great and so was Wes' brother and his fiancee. I hated his parents though and felt like punching them myself a few times. This will always be on my favourites list :)
Bookwatcher
Jun 20, 2012 Bookwatcher rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bookwatcher by: Mistral
Shelves: glbt-gay, romance
ASAP a review. Cute gay for you. No drama, no angst, no long flirting scene... Wes want Tor, Toren know Wes is his souls mate... They are a young couple but both men know what they want, and will do everything to be togueter.
Lovely romance, can't give less than 5 stars
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
3.5 but bumping to 4 because these boys were totes adorb!

Wes and Toren were totes adorb! This book starts with them in their senior year of high school and doesn't go farther than about a year or more in. YA because of the age but don't let that fool you. These boys had sex and LOTS of it!!

There wasn't much angst and/or big huge story line here. This book was something like 'a day in the life of Wes and Toren'. We watched them eat, watch tv, play pool..have sex. Some might find this boring but
Amy
This was such a good story, I love these guys!! Wish there was a sequel.
Fernanda Parente
One of my favourite book ...ever. Loved Wesley, so cute.
Bee
This was just eeeehhh for me.

It’s the senior year of high school when the book starts. Wes is a popular stoner, while Tor is a blushing geek. So when Wes makes a move Tor follows along with big eyes and flaming cheeks, but keeps suspecting it’s some kind of joke or experiment. Eventually Wes manages to convince Tor that what they have is real and they start a relationship. Domestic bliss and lovey dovey-ness, small conflicts, debates on what to make for dinner, and of course sex, follows. That’
Charles
Jun 16, 2010 Charles rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys sweet characters who deserve to get a happily-ever-after ending
I loved this book. I have read other reviewers' comments that the book is too long or that the plot meanders, and I can see where they are coming from, but respectfully disagree.

As I understand it, the traditional convention for a romance novel is that when the protagonists can both say "I love you" and have overcome their obstacles to being together, they should have celebration sex and the novel should end. The best way to think about Wes & Toren is that for one bargain price, you get that
Firenz
Rating 4.25

What can I say that hasn't been said in the other 100+ reviews. This was just a great coming of age story. Low angst and leaving you with that happy after feeling. Wesley is so great character, that sexy combination of bashful, loving, horny, sexy and funny.

I liked that this story took a different root than most. With this I mean where the popular bad boy is open about his sexuality and not the one trying to hide it.

There were a few characters introduced that didn't actually contribut
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Enlightened (Little Boy Lost, #1)
  • Unintended
  • Trust Me
  • Our December (The Making of a Man #1)
  • The Zero Knot
  • The Decisions We Make
  • Always Joey
  • Talker (Talker, #1)
  • Wrestling with Desire (Wrestling #1)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • End of the Innocence (Tales from Foster High, #4)
  • Wanting (Rocky Mountain High: Campus Hearts, #1)
  • The Price of Falling
  • Kamikaze Boys
  • Crossing Borders (Crossing Borders, #1)
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O’Shaughnessys #2)
J. M. Colail currently lives in a suburb of Detroit with her dog, Maizy. She graduated from the University of Michigan-Dearborn with a bachelor's in anthropology. She loves reading and writing and works at a bookstore, which is bad for her wallet. She is looking for the perfect girl to make all her dreams come true but having fun while she does it.
More about J.M. Colail...
Stripping Luck Dreamspinner Press Years 1 & 2 Greatest Hits

“Good for you, Big Brother! Nothing says Merry Christmas like "Hi, Dad! I'm gay!” 17 likes
“Hi honey, I’m home! Take your pants off!” Wesley announced. He kissed my cheek as he passed me and put his lunch container in the sink.” 11 likes