Start by marking “Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash” as Want to Read:
Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash

Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash (Domestic Equalizers #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,556 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
The strongest, sexiest, and sassiest debut contemporary romance we've seen since Rachel Gibson! The quality of Dixie's writing combined with the pure romance of the story guarantees that Avon Romance has just acquired a new star.

Debbie Sue Overstreet is still the best-looking gal in Saltlick, TX-and her ex-husband Buddy is still the best-looking sheriff. Thanks to a thrivi
Published December 12th 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Since You're Leaving Anyway, Take Out the Trash

CaroB
Apr 17, 2011 CaroB rated it it was ok
Debbie Sue and her ex-husband Buddy, the town's sheriff, still love each other, even 3 years after the divorce. When one of the local bigwigs is found murdered, Debbie Sue decides to investigate for herself so she can claim the reward money and get herself out of debt... and snag Buddy back along the way.

This is my first book by Ms Cash, and to be honest, I don't know if I'd go back for more.
At first I thought it was because, due to a hectic week, I could only pick up the book in small doses...
RYCJ
Sep 23, 2015 RYCJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute southern humorous whodunit charmer. Perfect beach read!
Tasha
Debbie Sue and Edwina are two best friend that run a beauty shop out in Saltlick, Texas. Sheriff Buddy Overstreet is Debbie Sue's ex-husband whom she's still very much in love with. So when Debbie Sue's best customer, or should I say richest, is found murdered, she and Edwina set out to find the culprit. This putting Buddy right back in the middle of her life.

I really truly enjoyed all of the characters in this book. Every one of them seemed to have their own unique personalities that made it se
Sally
Mar 07, 2012 Sally rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's not very often that I abandon a book I've started reading, but this one falls into that category. I expected this to be full of humorous quips typical of Texas accents and lifestyles, but other than the title and maybe one or two other little things, I found it was not to be. Yes, there is a murder in the town which appears at first to be a suicide, but in the first 45 minutes or so that I listened to out of the 10+ hours of narration, the action and thoughts of the characters center around ...more
Ubalstecha
This has got to have one of the best titles in fiction history, but it is not really related to the story, unless the murder victim in this romance/mystery is the trash, but I don't think the authors are that clever.

This is the story of Debbie Sue, a hairstylist in Salt Lick, Texas (great town name!) whose life has taken a turn for the worst. Her marriage has failed, she in debt upto her eyeballs and her best customer has turned up dead as a result of an apparent suicide.

Debbie Sue knows that g
Lea
Jul 04, 2016 Lea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My mom would have liked this book.
Catherine
Mar 14, 2015 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book and found it laugh out loud funny! All Debbie Sue Overstreet got out of her marriage to the sheriff of Salt Lick, TX, was a gas station that didn't pump! So she turned the property into the Styling Station, the best beauty parlor in town and if she didn't get rich, at leastshe learned all the local gossip. But she wasn't prepared for the news that the nastiest woman in town have been bumped off! Suddenly everyones a suspect and Debbie Sue decides to go after the reward.. ...more
Donna Fisher
May 11, 2016 Donna Fisher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a perfect blend of intriguing murder mystery and hilarious yarn, full of West Texas personalities and colloquialisms.
Pearl Ann turns up dead, and a couple of hairdressers make it their mission to find their friend’s killer. Debbie Sue and her BFF Edwina set out to make use of all the great gossip they hear at Debbie Sue’s hair salon. Throw in Debbie Sue’s hunky ex-husband, Buddy Overstreet, who just happens to be the Sheriff, and her wildly rich yet unlucky suitor, Quint, and you have s
Marty
May 31, 2016 Marty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debbie Sue Overstreet owns the beautyshop in Salt Lick, Texas. The shop is the center for news and gossip for the small town. Debbie Sue’s ex-husband Buddy is the sheriff. Debbie Sue is in financial trouble because of the huge cost of converting the gas station she got in the divorce settlement into a beautyshop. The cost of cleaning up soil from the leaking gas tanks was HUGE! .. Buddy helped all he could, selling his ranch, cattle, and life savings. They now have a love/hate relationship. When ...more
Jun 23, 2008 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is sweet and an honest love story about a couple who get it wrong then get it right. Plus it's quite funny. The friendship between the heroine and her best friend is a hoot.
Carole
Oct 18, 2015 Carole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books-read
Friends and co-workers of the Styling Station, Debbie Sue Overstreet and Edwina Perkins, are used to being the center of information (gossip) in Salt Lick, Texas, and now is no exception with the murder of the richest woman in town. At first the police think it is a suicide, but it proves that it was indeed murder which Debbie Sue had already predicted. Debbie Sue is deep in debt and when the husband of the murdered woman offers a $50,000 reward for the capture of the murderer, she decides to so ...more
Petula Darling
Cons: dropped plot lines, offensive portrayal of homosexuals, the mystery itself

Pros: the title
Kathleen Hagen
Since You’re Leaving Anyway, Take out the Trash, by Dixie Cash, b, narrated by Peggity Price, produced by Lone Star Books, a division of Recorded Books, and downloaded from audible.com.

This is the debut book in the series, and where we first meet Debbie Sue and Edwina, beauty shop owners, and operators of the Domestic Equalizers private eye business. Edwina Perkins and Debbie Sue Overstreet have opened a beauty shop together but they’re barely making enough to pay the bills. Buddy and Debbie Sue
Karissa
This was a surprisingly good read. I've read something else by Dixie Cash, but remember not caring for it very much. Once I really started reading this I really got into it and couldn't stop. I enjoyed all of the country aspects, all the country music references. It reminds me of all the books I wished I could have written. Yes it got a little ridiculous at times, but what the hey. It was a nice light read.
The book starts off with the murder of the wealthiest woman in town, Pearl Ann. Debbie Su
MJ
Mar 20, 2008 MJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to MJ by: ultimate reading guide
Debbie Sue Overstreet has problems. Her truck payment is late, her ex-husband Bubby, who she still loves, is the local sheriff and one of her best clients at the beauty salon was just murdered. But when the victims husband puts up a $50,000 reward for finding the killer Debbie Sue decided she is going to find the killer and collect the reward. Along with her friend Edwina (Ed) she starts snooping. She recorded all the crime shows that week and decideds how hard can it be. But Buddy keeps showing ...more
Sha'ron Hayes
The Characterization of the characters in the story "Since you're leaving anyway, Take out the Trash" , Debbie Sue waas considered a Failure. "She was twenty-eight years old and had been a failure at everything she tried. Marrying, Mothering, Rodeoing, and now, Beauty shopping."
James Russell is Beautiful. "James Russell Overstreet, Jr., the most beautiful man in Texas."
C.J. is always late. " Did y'all here, did y'all hear? We're ahead of you C.J. We already know about Pearl Ann."
Pearl Ann is ob
Jan 22, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, light romantic suspense set in small town Texas. Beauty shop owner, Debbie Sue Overstreet, is tired of always being broke, so when the wife of a local wealthy businessman is found dead in her car, Debbie Sue decides to solve the crime herself in order to collect the reward, despite the fact that her ex-husband, who happens to be the town sheriff, has warned her to stay out of the investigation, and let the professionals handle it. Of course this only makes Debbie Sue more determi ...more
Kim
Aug 04, 2009 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
I just finished this book and boy was it good. It encompassed everything that I look for in a book. It had mystery, romance, humor, and drama.

Debbie Sue Overstreet is the stereotypical west Texas girl, born and raised in a small town called Salt Lick. She once was married to what she still finds the sexiest man in texas, and happens to be the Sherriff of this small town. Debbie Sue owns a small hair salon and therefore is the center of the gossip line there.

When a muder happens to someone they
Beverly Hanson
Mar 20, 2016 Beverly Hanson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great and intriguing novel.

I enjoyed reading a mystery story which had humor and romance throughout the book. Once I started to read the book I couldn't do anything else until I finished reading it. I recommend that the author considers writing a sequel.
Vivianne
First timer with a Dixie Cash book, and I am hooked.

I decided to read since you're leaving anyway, take out the trash after a recommendation from Goodreads. What an unexpected treasure. Great story, wonderful characters. I am truly a huge fan.
Veena
Feb 06, 2010 Veena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: this-and-that
I book marked this one based on a friend's booklist - who would'nt want to read a book with a title like that? That being said, be warned that the title has nothing to do with the story. This is also supposed to be a book in the 'domestic equalizers' series - not quite sure what that means.

Anyway, the book by Dixie Cash (actually an author duo) is filled with more than its fair share of red blooded Texan women who know their minds and are not afraid to speak it. While I don't really know what I
Priscilla
Mar 18, 2016 Priscilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious!!!! This book is the perfect blend of comedy, romance, and whodunnit suspense. The fact that it takes place in Texas is the cherry on top. I couldn't put this book down - it kept me on the edge of my seat and laughing out loud and OMG-ing over and over. Fun read!
EeeJay
Mar 02, 2011 EeeJay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've had this book on the TBR pile for over 3 years and just got to reading it and now I know why - it's funny yet its story line reminded me of the Stephanie Plum(by Janet Evanovich) series which I liked far better. Admittedly after having read "Heaven, Texas" by Susan E. Phillips, I was more prepared for the Texan environment, I just didn't get into the story and even when there were clearly hilarious one-liners - I just wanted to skip ahead and finish the book (could have been the 3 years pla ...more
Gizzard
Apr 07, 2014 Gizzard rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Another humorous mystery where the heroine does things that are so dumb, you have to shake your head. Who goes into a veterinarian's office and opens a closed exam room door. They mystery is secondary to the silly relationships.
Bonnie
Dec 02, 2014 Bonnie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was certainly entertaining. It was definitely more romantic comedy than murder mystery. I got a bit annoyed with the two romantic leads' failure to communicate. Also things get a bit raunchy at times.
Kiersten Kuhn
Apr 11, 2015 Kiersten Kuhn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good beach or plane book

Very enjoyable book. Easy read and likeable characters. Light romance. Looking forward to more in series. Rooting for true love and 2nd chances with this one.
Ann
Mar 20, 2016 Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read me

This book was non-stop fun and one-liners. It almost made me want to move to Texas! Debbie Sue, Buddy, Edwina and Vic along with CJ. Are definite keepers.
Dyah Subagyo
I skimmed it. And skipped like a schoolgirl with a skipping rope. I am not proud of myself. But the book is heavier on the romance and only lightly touching the crime. I like the Southern atmosphere and all the romances, though. 2.5 stars.
Wrenà
Feb 27, 2014 Wrenà rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first time I have read anything by Dixie Cash - recommended by a friend - and let me just say .... I can't wait to read more!!! This book was so fun to read & I absolutely LOVED the main characters. The secondary characters only made the story better :) I bought the second book for my kindle before I even finished the first!! I can't wait to see what happens next - with this group of folks I'm guessing it could be anything!! haha! I would recommend this book (this series) to any ...more
Marti
Apr 12, 2016 Marti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lighthearted story set in Texas, with a woman still in love with her ex-husband, and vice versa. There is a murder, and a transvestite character--oh, and a horse.
  • Suck Your Stomach in and Put Some Color On!: What Southern Mamas Tell Their Daughters that the Rest of Y'all Should Know Too
  • Somebody Is Going to Die If Lilly Beth Doesn't Catch That Bouquet: The Official Southern Ladies' Guide to Hosting the Perfect Wedding
  • You Dropped a Blonde on Me (Ex Trophy Wives #1)
  • Bless Your Heart, Tramp: And Other Southern Endearments
  • She's Got the Look (Walker Brothers, #2)
  • Blondes Have More Felons (December Vaughn, #1)
  • First Kiss (Bridesmaid Chronicles, #2)
  • Informally Educated: A True Tale of Child Abuse, Survival and Murder
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • A Southern Belle Primer, Or Why Princess Margaret Will Never Be A Kappa Kappa Gamma
  • The Art of the Cookie: Baking Up Inspiration by the Dozen
  • Hating Valentine's Day
  • Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots
  • Smart Vs. Pretty
  • Queen Bee of Mimosa Branch (Queen Bee Series, #1)
  • Tall Tales and Wedding Veils (Playboys, #2)
  • Killer Fudge (A Callahan Garrity Short Story)
  • The Ex-Debutante
Dixie Cash is Pamela Cumbie and her sister Jeffery McClanahan. They grew up in West Texas during the great oil boom, an era filled with "real-life fictional" characters who cry to be written about. Pam has always had a zany sense of humor, and Jeffery has always had a dry wit. Surrounded by cowboys and steeped in country-western music, when they can stop laughing long enough, they work together cr ...more
More about Dixie Cash...

Domestic Equalizers (8 books)
  • My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great (Domestic Equalizers Book 2)
  • I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3)
  • Don't Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 4)
  • Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes (Domestic Equalizers Book 5)
  • Our Red Hot Romance Is Leaving Me Blue (Domestic Equalizers)
  • I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave
  • You Can Have My Heart, but Don't Touch My Dog (The Domestic Equalizers Book 8)