Start by marking “Picture Me Dead” as Want to Read:
Picture Me Dead

Picture Me Dead

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  2,396 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
When the mutilated body of a woman is found on the side of the road, officer-in-training Ashley Montague and Detective Jake Dilessio must work together to find the truth--an investigation that leads them into a world of corrupt cops, greed, and murder. Reprint.
Published February 1st 2004 by Mira Books (first published March 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Picture Me Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picture Me Dead

Mo
Aug 10, 2015 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good but there was something missing. Jake and Ashley - didn't really feel their chemistry. It was more like "Wham, Bam, Thank You Mam." - and where is the fecking condom, people?

It was as if the author was trying too hard to try and put us off knowing the bad guy... her hints at some bad guys were not so subtle... so straight away I said to myself... Nope, that is too obvious, it is not him... or her.

I felt my head was being filled with lots of useless information ... God, I feel like su
Lindsey
Oct 31, 2009 Lindsey rated it liked it
Kimberly
Oct 13, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake is a cop/Ashley is in the academy. He is obsessed with a 5 y/o case, she is worried about an old friend who's hit by a car in just his underwear on a major highway. Are the cases some how related? It takes half the book to even feel a bit of chemistry between Jake/Ashley. I guess its more of a lust/hate relationship. They fight every moment they are together even though both walk away thinking how they can't get the other off their minds. As with most of Graham's books I didn't figure this ...more
Patricia
Oct 16, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Read this for the second time. Loved it again. When I haven't read a book for several years it's like reading the book for the first time. I'm noticing that in Heather's earlier books, there may be 100 pages more than her newer books. I like those extra pages because she goes into more detail about the relationships of various characters. This book had one of my favorite lines: "Your place or mine"? Really good love story and murder mystery. As usual, Heather directs the reader to the "bad guy" ...more
Kw
Mar 08, 2011 Kw rated it it was ok
A pretty good mystery sidelined all too often by the gratuitous raunchiness that I despise. I won't be reading her other books.
Carmen8094
Identikit di un incubo non mi è piaciuto.
La storia è piuttosto prevedibile, e per alcune pagine l'unica cosa che si aspetta è lo scoppio della passione tra i due protagonisti, il che accade abbastanza presto, bruciando una carta che avrebbe potuto essere vincente.
Sì, perchè a tratti Identikit di un incubo sembra più una commedia romantica travestita da giallo, che un thriller dalle sfumature rosa.
Non mi piacciono le continue ripetizioni -aveva una pistola. E sapeva usarla-, lo stile del racconto
Gina
Apr 08, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it
Not part of a series. Not a bad story. Could have used a little more, though.

There wasn't enough for Ashley. She was a strong character and I liked how it played out for her, but I still wish that she'd had to do more than the one sketch (when you read it, you'll see what I mean).

Jake was a great character as well. Both strong, their stories were well written. And the connection between them was hot, spicy and electric.

I thought the plot was well written, the action superb. There should have be
Chrissy
Feb 20, 2016 Chrissy rated it it was amazing
Another un-put-downable book by Graham. I am hooked on her writing! Although this is not paranormal like the last few I have read, I was very intrigued by the way this book played out. Ashley's skills as an artist come in handy when a body is discovered bearing the same mutilations as bodies did five years earlier when a religious cult was disbanded and the leader thrown in prison. Detective Jake is convinced his partner at the time was also killed by the same group and is determined to re-open ...more
Rolaka Ola Ri
Jul 24, 2016 Rolaka Ola Ri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather Graham po raz kolejny udowadnia, że umie pisać świetne kryminały z nutka romansu w tle. Główni bohaterowie już od samego początku przypadają do gustu, a zagadka jest intrygująca. Nie można oderwać się od czytania, gdyż lekki styl i dobrze poprowadzona akcja doprowadzają do tego, że wręcz płynie się wśród kolejnych stron.
A więc dlaczego 7 gwiazdek, kiedy tak zachwalam? Otóż książka ma wady, a głownie jest jedna. Źle nakreśleni przestępcy. Ok, rozwiązanie zagadki było dobre, ale nic poza t
Nancy
Dec 03, 2014 Nancy added it
Katy
Jun 07, 2011 Katy rated it it was amazing
I could NOT put this book down - it was one of Ms. Graham's best books. The mystery was well played, and suspense non-stop and the paranoia enough to make you doubt your own mother. Top it off with well-written, well-rounded characters (even the background ones) and this is a book sure to please people looking for a good mystery, good suspense, and even those who want a bit of romance to spice things up (although it isn't overly obtrusive). This is the type of book that turned me on to Heather G ...more
Ashley
May 11, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it
This was the first Heather Graham that I read. It was a paperback in the freebie pile at my local library. It sounded interesting and I was impressed by Graham's better than usual writing. It was by no means mind-blowing, however it was a fun read.
I wasn't so sure about the chemistry between Ashley/Jake, as at times it seems forced, there because it was expected that the two characters had to hook up. (Understandable since she does write "romantic-suspense".)
Graham hasn't strayed very far from
Meredith Kaupp
Aug 25, 2012 Meredith Kaupp rated it really liked it
I expected this one to follow Heather Graham's regular paranormal/mystery/romance formula, so I was surprised when there was no paranormal element to the story. The mystery was much stronger in this book than her others, as well. Really, the only part that followed her regular formula was the romance, which drew me out of the book a bit. Really, there was one huge loose end that was never tied up, and that was pretty irritating....otherwise, I'd have given it a 5.
Sara Gould
Jan 07, 2013 Sara Gould rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este libro es genial, sí, es perfecto en todos los sentidos (a pesar de que la traducción tiene algunos momentos de ¿qué cojones? impresionantes) peeero... en serio, ese final me ha hecho bajarle nota, no me gusta TANTO la felicidad D: sentí que la autora quería hacer que todos sus personajes fueran felices para siempre y no, eso en un libro que de principio a fin (casi) era super tenso no pega ni con cola.
Jenn
Nov 08, 2008 Jenn rated it liked it
Not a bad quick read. I expected the sex scenes to be much longer (and useless) as this genre often tends to overdo it. I was glad to see they weren't lingered over as I always find this detracts from the characters and the mystery/thriller storyline. I did find the age difference in the two characters a little disturbing as it touched a little too close to home for me.
Danell
Jul 26, 2011 Danell rated it liked it
The beginning of the book was difficult to get into and was almost ready to put it down and walk away, but glad I didn't. Turned out to be a good book. First time I have read this author and am going to read another by her.

The story was good. Just seemed like information repeating itself during the first hundred pages.
Bleh. This is the first Heather Graham novel that I have read, and sadly I was unimpressed and even annoyed by it in several places. Aside from being entirely too predictable, there is an entire WTF storyline started...and then forgotten 3/4 through. Very disappointing, all-in-all.
Joanne
Aug 25, 2015 Joanne rated it really liked it
Ashley is a rookie cop who finds a body on the side of the road. Her investigation leads to veteran Det Jack Dilessio who is still investigating a case that happened years ago where his partner was murdered. Together they are dragged into drug trafficking and murder but will they survive.
Maurean
Jun 23, 2011 Maurean rated it liked it
I usually enjoy Graham, and this one didn't disappoint. Set in Miami-Dade, a tightly plotted police procedural (no hint of supernatural in this one, different from most of her books that I've read) that kept me guessing at the bad guy until the very end.
Jenny Gottlieb
Feb 11, 2012 Jenny Gottlieb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: car-read
I really enjoy great crime fiction. I get taken into the story, wanting the characters to get together, wanting them to solve the crime, and this one didn't disappoint. Ashley Montague, the police academy cadet and Jake DiLessio the veteran homicide detective. An enjoyable read.
Connie
Mar 25, 2010 Connie rated it it was amazing
This was a great mystery. I was guessing til the end. The love scenes were hot, and very detailed. But definately worth the wait. I was a little confused with one of the story lines, it went nowhere. But it sidetracked me for a bit, maybe that was the point.
Tanya
Mar 01, 2008 Tanya rated it it was amazing
This book reas so smoothly that I finished the last 100 pages or so in one sitting...I absolutely could not put it down! =)
Mar 15, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
i love heather graham. her books always contain lots of sub plots and intrigue. ending was great and i was surprised by who was behind killings.
Peggysue
Sep 25, 2014 Peggysue rated it liked it
stand alone novel. good story line and sticks with heather graham's writing style. just wasnt a favorite of her work
Linda
Apr 13, 2009 Linda rated it really liked it
This was a good read. I was able to figure out who the main bad guy was but was suprised about the bad cop, thought it was someone else.
Beth Lechman
Nov 20, 2014 Beth Lechman rated it liked it
A slow start. Takes awhile to get into the book. If you stay with it the book gets more interesting and ends with a bang.
Megan
Jul 17, 2015 Megan rated it liked it
I love her books -- but they usually have an underlying theme of the paranormal. This one disappointed me, because that was lacking.
Asha Jaffar
Mar 12, 2014 Asha Jaffar rated it it was ok
It's not that bad but it could have been better. I was not glued to the book at all, it lacked creativity but maybe that's how it was supposed to be?
Maggie Shanley
Jun 19, 2014 Maggie Shanley rated it liked it
Good story of a cop in training, a mysterious attack on her friend and the detective trying to solve the death of his partner.
Angela Lintner
Mar 13, 2011 Angela Lintner rated it liked it
Not a bad mystery/thriller. My only complaint would be that once the action starts to happen it seems like she was rushing to finish the book. . .good read though.
  • Slow Burn
  • Mörder ohne Gnade
  • Deep Midnight (Alliance Vampires #3)
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • Bait
  • The Rapids (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #3)
  • The Color of Death
  • Fatal Burn (Northwest, #2)
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2; John Mancini #4)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...