Fat Chick, a novel

Fat Chick, a novel

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Fat chick or skinny bitch…
These have always been the only options for advertising Account Executive, Trish Collins, who desperately needs to find some middle ground -- with her weight as well as in her life.

When we meet her, Trish has lost a well-deserved promotion to a “model” colleague, Chelsea. Then just when she thought only thin girls could make her feel bad about her...more
Published December 10th 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 1st 2009)

Frances Kuffel
Katie Mcsweeney
A nice easy read made me smile but was 100% predictable.
Tami Flygare
I was fat and unhappy... Yada, yada, yada... Lost weight... Became a bitch... Yada, yada, yada.... Got my act together... Etc. it is a fast read and good writing, but a little unrealistic, or at least missing some detail on the timeline. I would read another book by the author though.
RYCJ
Fat Chick reads like an advertisement, which is our main heroines career. She struggles with "the" weight issue, and I'm going to say a bit of inner self-esteem issues too. The story is quite predictable, primarily because the introductions are so rich. I won't elaborate on more, to keep away from spoilers, however will say readers looking for a light read on a lazy breezy day will enjoy the novel.
Carla Coulston
Dreadful. Unfunny, charmless and tedious. I only kept reading because of the novelty of the fact it mentions Weight Watchers points throughout, and I'm a long-term WW member. Doesn't save this book from bargain-bin status, however.
Wanda
Nothing life altering, but entertaining. I'm starting to notice a pattern with big chick lit, and it's becoming predictable. I like to read anyway though b/c it reminds me that I need to hit the gym!
The Book Studio
Watch Bethanne Patrick interview Lorraine Duffy Merkl about her book FAT CHICK on The Book Studio.
Mindy
Horrible, I believed the reviews and this book didn't give me anything I was looking for. I thought it would inspire, all it did was prove the point about shallow people.
Marjorie
Quick enjoyable chick lit. You won't find any new ideas or an ever changing plot, but still entertaining.
Leslie
Kept me entertained during a plane ride, but utterly predictable.
Dominika Adamaszek
Dominika Adamaszek marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Ayesha A White
Ayesha A White marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Lesliemj
Lesliemj marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Phyllis Porche
Phyllis Porche marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014