Start by marking “Lady in Waiting” as Want to Read:
Lady in Waiting

Lady in Waiting (Featherton Sisters #2)

Good heavens-I've gotten myself into a scrape! Mere weeks ago, I was simply Jenny Penny, a lady's maid, a lord's illegitimate daughter, and a lover of fine frocks. But my credit at the shops of Bath has been cut off, and I am forced to sell my homemade facial cream at night, without my employers' knowledge. Who knew it would become the sensation of the ton? That society la ...more
Published December 14th 2008 by Forever Yours (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lady in Waiting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady in Waiting

Michelle
May 09, 2011 Michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a silly, poorly-written book. The main character was vain and shallow, and never redeemed herself. In fact, none of the characters developed or evolved in the book, and all of them bugged me as much in the end as in the beginning.

Alicia
Mar 28, 2012 Alicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed with the book. After reading the synopsis on the back I was expecting this book to be so captivating and intriguing but it was very lacking. Agreeing with what I read in other reviews, Jenny was VERY shallow and self-centered. It was all about her and how good she looked in whatever outfit or accessory she was wearing. It aggrivated me to no end and I got sick of reading about it/her. It very much took away from the book. Lord Argyll on the other hand, I very much enjoyed. I l ...more
Fangirl Musings
May 17, 2010 Fangirl Musings rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Eh, no one since it was rather boring
Recommended to Fangirl Musings by: Impulse buy
Pages Survived: 24

Ironic, really. I had bought this book several, several years ago and attempted to read the novel. This is ironic because then, like now, I never did finish the novel. In fact, I didn't like it for the same reasons I do not like it now.

One, I found the heroine Jenny to be annoying and shallow. I found the hero to be completely void of any relate-ability. Were it not for my irritation with the characters, mainly the heroine, I would be of the opinion this book had a very potent
Adele Dubois
Jan 01, 2009 Adele Dubois rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first Regency era romance I ever read and I loved it! I picked it up from a bookstore shelf and then bought it because I was fascinated by the story premise and book jacket summary. Though I had never read a Regency historical, I decided to try the book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have bought another of Caskie's books since.
Barbi
I give this three stars because of Jenny. She is a fascinating character. Definitely not your typical Regency trashy romance novel heroine.
Jen
Apr 12, 2010 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The writing in this book is somewhat awkward. Makes me think that this is one of the author's first. I have read some of her newer stuff and it is much better.
Jen Katzman
Jen Katzman rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2012
Turewai Dickens
Turewai Dickens rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2012
Christie
Christie rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Liz Stevens
Liz Stevens rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2013
Patty
Jun 08, 2015 Patty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just when you think you know how things will progress, the heroine surprises you.
Jeany
Jeany rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2011
Iona
Iona rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2009
Denise Torrens
Denise Torrens rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2013
Allison Feingold
Allison Feingold rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2009
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Dollee
Dollee rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Cris
Cris rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2014
Irina
Irina rated it it was ok
Aug 12, 2011
Claudia
Claudia rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
KyBunnies
KyBunnies rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2011
Nancy Sutphin
Nancy Sutphin rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Naphitali
Naphitali rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Cybersindi
Cybersindi rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2011
Esther
Esther rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2012
Molly Burkey
Molly Burkey rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Glitter and the Gold (Love, #10) (Endearing Young Charms, #4)
  • Just One of Those Flings (Merry Widows, #2)
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • The Making of a Duchess (The Sons of the Revolution, #1)
  • Lord of Devil Isle
  • Beauty and the Spy (Holt Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • An Illicit Engagement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #2)
  • Dark Birthright
  • Suddenly
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Mistress by Midnight (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #3)
  • A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square, #3)
  • The Hidden Heiress
  • The Indiscretion
  • The Reckless Bride (Black Cobra Quartet, #4)
  • To Surrender To A Rogue (Circle of Sin, #2)
  • My Reckless Surrender
  • The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton (The Burgundy Club, #3)
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home
More about Kathryn Caskie...

Featherton Sisters (4 books)
  • Rules of Engagement (Featherton Sisters, #1)
  • A Lady's Guide to Rakes (Featherton Sisters, #3)
  • Love Is in the Heir (Featherton Sisters, #4)