Lady in Waiting

Lady in Waiting (Featherton Sisters #2)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Good heavens-I've gotten myself into a scrape! Mere weeks ago, I was simply Jenny Penny, a lady's maid, a lord's illegitimate daughter, and a lover of fine frocks. But my credit at the shops of Bath has been cut off, and I am forced to sell my homemade facial cream at night, without my employers' knowledge. Who knew it would become the sensation of the ton? That society la...more
Published December 14th 2008 by Forever Yours (first published January 1st 2005)

Michelle
This was a silly, poorly-written book. The main character was vain and shallow, and never redeemed herself. In fact, none of the characters developed or evolved in the book, and all of them bugged me as much in the end as in the beginning.

Alicia
I was disappointed with the book. After reading the synopsis on the back I was expecting this book to be so captivating and intriguing but it was very lacking. Agreeing with what I read in other reviews, Jenny was VERY shallow and self-centered. It was all about her and how good she looked in whatever outfit or accessory she was wearing. It aggrivated me to no end and I got sick of reading about it/her. It very much took away from the book. Lord Argyll on the other hand, I very much enjoyed. I l...more
Jacqueline
May 17, 2010 Jacqueline rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Eh, no one since it was rather boring
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Impulse buy
Pages Survived: 24

Ironic, really. I had bought this book several, several years ago and attempted to read the novel. This is ironic because then, like now, I never did finish the novel. In fact, I didn't like it for the same reasons I do not like it now.

One, I found the heroine Jenny to be annoying and shallow. I found the hero to be completely void of any relate-ability. Were it not for my irritation with the characters, mainly the heroine, I would be of the opinion this book had a very potent...more
Adele Dubois
The first Regency era romance I ever read and I loved it! I picked it up from a bookstore shelf and then bought it because I was fascinated by the story premise and book jacket summary. Though I had never read a Regency historical, I decided to try the book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and have bought another of Caskie's books since.
Jen
The writing in this book is somewhat awkward. Makes me think that this is one of the author's first. I have read some of her newer stuff and it is much better.
Barbi
I give this three stars because of Jenny. She is a fascinating character. Definitely not your typical Regency trashy romance novel heroine.
cute story- a bit different then the average historical romance.
Amy!
Engaging quick read. Not bad for a romance novel.
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Andrés Torres
Andrés Torres marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Mary Rose
Mary Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Maryanne
Maryanne marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • Beauty and the Spy (Holt Sisters Trilogy #1)
  • Whisper of Scandal (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #1)
  • The Hidden Heiress
  • Everything I Ever Wanted (Compass Club, #2)
  • Seduction is Forever (Lady Spies, #3)
  • A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
  • The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)
  • Suddenly
  • Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4)
  • Lord of Devil Isle
  • A View to a Kiss (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love #1)
  • Lady Alexandra's Excellent Adventure (Summersby #1)
  • Whisper to Me of Love
  • Lessons From a Scarlet Lady (Northfield, #1)
  • The Bride Sale
  • The Indiscretion
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home...more
More about Kathryn Caskie...
To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1) How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1) The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3) The Most Wicked of Sins (Seven Deadly Sins, #2) How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2