Start by marking “Time Enough to Die” as Want to Read:
Time Enough to Die

Time Enough to Die

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Matilda Gray is an expert on antiquities, especially the Roman and Celtic artifacts found in Great Britain. But Matilda has learned that such relics of time past are not valued only by museums but also by unscrupulous collectors. Looking too closely into the illegal trade in these treasures can be dangerous, even deadly. Gareth March is a Scotland Yard detective who must w ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2002 by Wildside Press (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Time Enough to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Enough to Die

Susan
Well, this book hit the spot! It was just what I was looking for while searching for an interesting and fun read - murder, academia, archaeology, gypsies, Roman ruins, woo-woo, bogs and ancient buried treasures. Liked the characters, the setting and storyline. Felt like I was right there at the dig and interacting with all the people involved. Funny, but I couldn't get through another book by this author but I really enjoyed this one so will continue to read other stories by her.
Sheila Beaumont
I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery by Lillian Stewart Carl, an author who should be much better known than she is. I loved the mix of mystery, suspense, paranormal phenomena, myth and legend, and a bit of romance. I liked the way the characters were portrayed and the way the story was told, in the third person, from the points of view of the three main characters: Matilda Gray, an antiquities expert and parapsychologist; Gareth March, a skeptical detective from Scotland Yard who's investigating a ...more
LJ
TIME ENOUGH TO DIE (Cont. Gothic Suspense) - VG
Lillian Stewart Carl - 11th book
Wildside Press, 2002 - Hardcover
Dr. Matilda Gray, an parapsychologist specializing in art, archaeology and architecture, is teamed with Scotland Yard Detective Inspector Gareth March to investigate the murder of a young woman suspected of stealing artifacts for an archaeological dig.
*** Take a town in England, interesting history, the spirits of a Roman couple and a Celtic woman, a hint of romance, the threat of death
Martha
I forgot to put this one in, and although I read it just a couple of weeks ago, I've already mostly forgotten it...I think it was okay, since I went on to read another by the same author. I think the main characters were likable and believable; the plot not always.
Lesley
The long time taken over this was due to various factors, one of them being my old ebook reader resetting itself and losing all my bookmarks when I was about halfway through. The book itself was okay.
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Cindy (Cid)
Cindy (Cid) marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Michelle Hynes
Michelle Hynes marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
CatBookMom
CatBookMom marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Masha
Masha marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Alex
Alex added it
Nov 11, 2011
Kiki
Kiki added it
Jan 28, 2012
Author bio:

Lillian Stewart Carl's work often features paranormal/fantasy themes and always features plots based on mythology, history, and archaeology. Most of her novels take place squarely in the twenty-first century, where the past lingers on into the present, especially in the British Isles, Lillian's home away from home.

She is the author of nineteen novels so far, including the Jean Fairbairn
More about Lillian Stewart Carl...
The Vorkosigan Companion The Secret Portrait (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #1) The Murder Hole (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #2) The Burning Glass (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #3) The Charm Stone (A Jean Fairbairn/Alasdair Cameron Mystery #4)