Start by marking “Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #2)

Legend of the Jade Dragon (A Chintz 'n China Mystery #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  618 ratings  ·  28 reviews
When a client gives seer Emerald O'Brien a statue of a jade dragon as payment, bad luck follows. To thwart its evil spell, she'll have to follow a trail of heartache to China's Ming Dynasty.

Published May 4th 2004 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Legend of the Jade Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend of the Jade Dragon

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieSecondhand Spirits by Juliet BlackwellThe Trouble With Magic by Madelyn AltWhat's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria LaurieHexes and Hemlines by Juliet Blackwell
Paranormal Cozy Mysteries
146th out of 206 books — 247 voters
Presence by Perie WolfordThe Maze Runner by James DashnerPresence by Perie WolfordThe Host by Stephenie MeyerThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Book Club 2013
56th out of 63 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Barbara ★
I thought this was much better than Ghost of a Chance which I found tedious. I really like Emerald and her two kids, Miranda and Kipling. I must admit that I wanted to beat Andrew over the head with a big stick. Why couldn't Emerald see what a shite he was? I think Joe will be perfect for her and the kids. I enjoyed the mystery of the jade dragon and the investigation into the thefts in town. Heck I even liked Jimbo. Definitely a much better installment than the first book. I will definitely be ...more
Aurian Booklover
When a sad man enters The Chintz ‘n China Tea Room, Emerald O’Brien doesn’t really want to read his cards. There is some strange aura around the man. And when she does, there is nothing there for her to read. It is like he doesn’t have an aura. The man is not surprised by it, he has gotten similar readings before. When he stands up to leave, his coat pocket catches on a corner of the table, ripping it. Emerald helps him gather his belongings, and the man leaves. But then she spots something else ...more
Stephanie
This book has been on my TBR pile for a while. I did not know when reading this book that is was the second one in the series. To be honest this did not bother me at all, there was not enough of bringing up the past book in this one to make a difference.

I have read other Galenorn books and have loved them this one not so much. Yes, it was a fast quick read set in Washington. By the way book set in places where I live is always a plus. I did have to say I thought it was a little flat, not up to
Debbie
The second book in the Emerald O'Brien saga follows the difficulties that arise in her relationship with Andrew and her friendship with Joe, a younger, hot Chief of EMTs. And of course we see Emerald dealing with the challenges of single motherhood.[return][return]This story follows a lovely jade dragon Emerald acquires via tragic circumstances. As a result things in her life seem to go haywire. Her shop is robbed, her home is vandalized and then robbed as well as other assorted bizarre incident ...more
Mirjam
Emerald O'Brien gets quite concerned when her Tarot cards spell chaos and bad luck for her latest client. Running after her just departed client to return a jade dragon he has left behind, she is a witness to the hit-and-run accident that kills her client. Shortly after becoming the proud owner of the jade dragon Emerald and her family are haunted by bad luck. It turns out that the little dragon is cursed! Now it is up to Emerald to discover how the jade dragon was cursed and more importantly ho ...more
Christine
Yeah, I don't know. This was really unrealistic, and that's saying something considering that I KNOW it's about a woman who happens to be a witch with psychic powers and I wanted to read it anyway. It's the little things that get me. As in, I know it's supposed to be a small town, but she lets her kids gallivant around it a little too much for my liking. And who wears sundresses and tank tops at then end of winter in Washington State? AND what single mom with her own store trying to make ends me ...more
Cherie
The bad luck begins for Emerald O'Brien after a client leaves a statue of a jade dragon at her shop, and is then struck by a hit-and-run driver right outside her store. To thwart the statue's curse, Em and her friends will have to follow a trail of heartache which leads all the way back to China's Ming Dynasty.

I enjoyed this second story in the Chintz 'n China Mysteries as much as the first. The author herself is a Witch and Wiccan High Priestess, and uses her knowledge of Wicca and Paganism wel
Miriam
Divorced mum of two with ghost problems.
After a quite good start this book do not keep up for me. Too many boring moments with just list of events happening.
Erin Marie
I really enjoyed this book. I didn't realize it was part of a series but it was all on its own.
Archer
Second book in the series and I loved it.

Starting on the third now.
Wendy
I totally enjoyed this second book in the Chintz and China series. I really like the main character and her family. All the characters are well developed and I enjoyed this particular storyline better than the first book. There was a lot in thisbook that carried over from the first book and I can not wait to read the next one in the series. I have a feeling that the books are just going to keep getting better.
Patrice
This book was enjoyable to read. I really like the character of Emerald. She is a refreshingly unconventional heroine. I also like that the supernatural elements in her books build the story and support the mystery with out ever becoming a deus ex machina cop out. It's a good series and I look forward to reading more.
Catsalive
Apart from the fact that everyone was so slow on the uptake I enjoyed the book. Come on! Ex-con, recently come to town, the cops would have been all over Oliver like a rash, don't you think?! Anyway, it was quite fun & the ending was a laugh - good ole boy Jimbo to the rescue & Emerald playing ninja. Snort!
Debi
I really enjoyed this book. I wish there was more then 5 books in this series I really would like to continue to read more the just the 5 in this series. I am really getting into the characters and there lives etc. Going to hate to see this series end.
Sandy
This moved faster than the first book in the series. The ordinary mystery was fairly easily solved. In this series i find that the author spends more time and detail on the supernatural mysterys.
Sandra
Decent book, liked the fact that the author is really descriptive with her passages. It made it real easy to picture this story as it took place. Good blend of fiction and mystery.
Jacque
This is an enjoyable mystery. I can't beleive that I missed this genre of paranormal mystery. I'll have to go back and see what else there is to offer.
Susan Shea
I like the characters and the subject matter in this paranormal mystery series. This is the second book in the series.
Rexanna
Has the mystery and magic and some surprises! This a book I read late into the night and had a hard time putting it down.
Lavendersbluegreen
Emereld is brave, funny and her family is endearing. Their continuing story is great! I cannot wait to read the next one!
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
This was even better than the first. Poor Em lost a lot in this book. Thank goodness for Insurance and Joe.
Wendy
I went to the library to pick up Witchling, it was out so I checked this one out. "Like" !
Kimmie
This was a bit disappointing compared to book one of the series. Still a good read.
John
was a better read than the last book.
Monica
Another great book to this series! I really liked this one they just keep getting better!
Nichole
Light & fun.
Pam
Very entertaining.
Krystyna Aloi
Krystyna Aloi is currently reading it
Dec 16, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • The Witch's Grave (Ophelia & Abby, #6)
  • Dead and Kicking (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #3)
  • Night of the Loving Dead (Pepper Martin #4)
  • Scent to Her Grave (A Bath and Body Mystery, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wiccan (A Bewitching Mystery, #4)
  • Larceny And Lace (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #2)
  • A Cast-Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery, #2)
  • Ghouls Gone Wild (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #4)
  • Avenging Angels (Beaufort & Company Mystery, #3)
Yasmine Galenorn is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author of the Otherworld (Sisters of the Moon), the Indigo Court and the upcoming Fly By Night urban fantasy series. In the past, she also wrote two mystery series for Berkley Prime Crime (one under the pen name of India Ink) and eight nonfiction metaphysical books.

Yasmine is a caffeine junkie (iced, quad shot, al
More about Yasmine Galenorn...
Witchling (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon #1) Changeling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #2) Darkling (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #3) Dragon Wytch (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #4) Night Huntress (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon, #5)