Start by marking “Your Cheatin' Heart (Sylver And Steele, #1)” as Want to Read:
Your Cheatin' Heart (Sylver And Steele, #1)

Your Cheatin' Heart (Sylver and Steele #1)

For Sylver Starr, it’s not easy being a cross-dressing werewolf, a secret agent for Earth Guardians, Inc., and also being married to one of the richest men in the world, a billionaire who just happens to be a cat-shifter.

Yep, canine and feline, a match made in heaven. Not!

The problem is, wolves mate for life, and we all know about tomcats when it comes to fidelity, right?
Published December 2009 by Amber Allure (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Your Cheatin' Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Cheatin' Heart

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
there wasn't much if any romance, just a lot of bickering and bitching... one is a dirty cheater that wont promise not to "stray" but the other promises to always forgive him. didn't really like either of the characters, no plot really so 2.5 stars
Amanda
Dec 14, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
A laugh-out-loud beginning to a new series. This was my first story by Mimi Riser, but it won't be my last. If anything, this story felt more like a teaser of what's to come than a complete story, but I still enjoyed it immensely. I loved Sylver and look forward to reading more about him.
Tam
May 06, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
This book drops you right into the middle of the action. Sylver, a cross dressing were-wolf, is racing back to his small town when he is stopped by the police and gets himself in a bit of trouble with his smart mouth. However he’s not just a pretty young thing, he’s an agent for a secret organization fighting alien invasions. Before he can take on the aliens, he is forced to confront his former boss and ex, of sorts, Hunter Steele, a were-cat. Yes, a cat and a wolf.

Because you are dropped into t
Lucy
Mar 12, 2011 Lucy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Sylver. Big white wolf, cross dresser with major sass, I'd have given him a 5. Hunter Steele, on the other hand, didn't convince me he was anything but a big fat cheater, who thought anyone could be bought for the right price. Hes been cheat free since Sylver left him, uhh two months, and even then admits he thought about going out. I'll read more to see where Sylver goes.
Michi Rosa
Aug 20, 2012 Michi Rosa rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
A 5 stars, until this part:

"A tomcat is a tomcat, after all. And a wolf is a wolf. Even if he strays, I can’t help but forgive him."

I honestly hope that in the next books it won't be necessary any kind of forgiveness from anyone for cheating reasons...
Julie Hayes
Jan 07, 2011 Julie Hayes rated it it was amazing
Sylvester Starr—Sylver, for short—is not your typical shifter. In his human form, he is a petite, pretty cross-dressing man. But once he changes, he becomes a force to be reckoned with as a powerful werewolf.

Sylvester is married to none other than Hunter Steele, gorgeous and rich CEO of EG—Earth Guardians. Hunter is sexy as all get out, a real man’s man. But when he shifts, he turns into a deceptively small pussycat. Such an incongruous pair.

In his feline form, Sylver can handle Hunter. But huma
blub
I didn't really care for the writing style (first person narrative). I keep questioning why Sylver is informing readers of things he already knows and why Hunter would also input info he they both already know. Sure its a great way for readers to learn about how the world they reside on works and what type of stuff are happening but it makes it a bit of a odd read. I also felt like I was reading a huge excerpt instead of a complete story, readers are just kind of thrown into the story...the blur ...more
Chris
Jan 11, 2010 Chris rated it it was ok
Hmm. I think this book might be kicking off a new m/m paranormal/scifi series. (Cross dressing shapeshifters! Sentient crocodiles from another planet! Secret organization trying to keep the world safe from sentient crocodiles! Exotic space resort headquarters for secret organization! Shifter vs crocodile shootout, OK Corral style in west Texas!) Unfortunately, this book just didn’t feel quite long enough for the amount of backstory information crammed into it. Also, the “Sylver & Steele” thi ...more
Lexi Ander
Dec 14, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters
Very enjoyable, cute and funny. Sylver is a character and a half. I look forward to reading more about these two.
Indigo
Jul 12, 2010 Indigo rated it liked it
This was an ok read, the third star is exclusively for the cat and dog approach.
Ashley Varney
Ashley Varney rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2010
Rellik
Rellik rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2011
Fadia Pierre
Fadia Pierre rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Arzu
Arzu rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2011
Princessgiggity
Princessgiggity rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2013
Betryal
Betryal rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2009
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2015
 Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
May 21, 2017
Maxine
Maxine rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2012
Lajuna
Lajuna rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2010
Wren
Wren rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2010
Cole Riann
Cole Riann rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2011
Sagajo
Sagajo rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2011
Kris
Kris rated it it was ok
Apr 21, 2011
Wendy schmidt
Wendy schmidt rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Ter
May 02, 2010 Ter rated it liked it
2.5 ok to kinda good
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2011
ReviewerLarissa
ReviewerLarissa rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Mimi Riser is a multi-published, award-winning author of fiction and nonfiction. Her books celebrate the upbeat and the offbeat, and “happy endings” are her specialty. She began life in the urban northeast, but now resides in the rural southwest with one husband, two dogs, and more cats than anyone wants to know about. (Source: Smashwords)
More about Mimi Riser...

Sylver and Steele (5 books)
  • My Big Fat SX-File Wedding (Sylver and Steele #0.5)
  • Thunderball (Sylver And Steele, #2)
  • The Werewolf In Red (Sylver And Steele, #3)
  • Time Rip (Sylver and Steele #4)