Start by marking “Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories, Member Book” as Want to Read:
Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories, Member Book

Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories, Member Book

Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories - Member Book by Beth Moore leads you through a study of the Scriptures to discover the transforming power of freedom in Jesus Christ. Themes for this study come from Isaiah, a book about the captivity of God's children, the faithfulness of God, and the road to freedom.

This in-depth women's Bible study draws parallels between the cap
Published October 1st 2009 by Lifeway Christian Resources (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Free

Lynn
Jan 09, 2012 Lynn rated it it was amazing
This was a life-changing Bible study for me. After living with depression for three years, God used this study to help me let go of and have peace with significant areas of my past and I am now happily living free of depression. The study also helped me to see things through God's eyes and, for the first time in my Christian life, I was able to feel the overwhelming abundance of God's perfect love and forgiveness. I've never felt closer to God than when I did this study. Beth Moore has a truly u ...more
Emily
May 27, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
Really good, I think I'll be referring to this in the future when hard challenges arise. Frankly, I thought the videos that go along for this didn't seem to tie that well with the book. Sometimes it seemed like the video teaching was barely related to the corresponding chapter. I think women who are interested in this book should not let a lack of video access deter them- it would still be great on its own.
Ginger Robinson
Nov 28, 2013 Ginger Robinson rated it it was amazing
This Bible study helped me to understand GOD's love for me more than I ever have! I felt so much love for God doing this study that it helped me love others more :) I'm more in love w my God than I have ever been!
Jill Holler
Sep 22, 2016 Jill Holler rated it it was amazing
Definitely a life-changing Bible study. I learned how to break free from the strongholds in my life that kept me from submitting completely to Christ. Loved every minute of it.
Audrey
Sep 03, 2016 Audrey rated it really liked it
Excellent study on breaking free ..... from all that keeps us from enjoying true freedom and abundant living in Christ Jesus. As Galatians 5:1 says, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

What I appreciate most about Beth Moore's studies is that in every lesson she sends us deep into the Word of God, and it is there that we truly meet God for ourselves. It is there that God exposes to us our hearts and w
Tasha enderby
Nov 18, 2012 Tasha enderby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, bible-studies
This was my second go at this study and magic about God's word is that it's the living word and it shapes and shows your heart what it needs when it needs it. Even the video segments didn't seem redundant even though I had seen them all before. I got to watch them with new eye's, fresh chains and a deeper desire to be set free. Only a person who has been forgiven much can love much. We put ourself in all sorts of bondage in this world but we fon't have to stay there this study is a step by step ...more
Kelly
Feb 09, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
I Think this bible study is a must for anyone who wants to be closer with God but just feels bound up!! I struggled with selfishness, bitterness, anger, depression, a loss of a mother and much more. This held me captive for so many years. This book helps you to learn how to take everything from past experiences to ones happening now and take control and with God's help free yourself and live the life God meant for you!! This book has changed my life and I hope and pray I can continue on this pat ...more
Barbara
May 18, 2010 Barbara rated it really liked it
I read this as a part of a ten week Biblestudy with ladies from my church. We did the workbook and watched the videos that go with each week's lesson. Beth Moore is extremely motivational and insightful, and all of her Biblestudies that I have completed have been marvelous. This particular Biblestudy helps you examine your life and discover the things that keep you from giving God first place in your life or that are continual stumbling blocks in your relationship with God.
Candace Gillman-pennell
Powerful! I recommend this bible study too! If you really want to break free from things that hold you back or hinder your walk, do this! Even things from when you were a child.
Whom the son sets free is free indeed!
Phyllis Yoder
Jan 21, 2015 Phyllis Yoder rated it it was amazing
God used this study to teach me how much he really loves me and set me free in many areas of my life. This study is life changing.
Lisa Friesen
A lot of work but great read!
Dawn
Apr 19, 2015 Dawn added it
excellent study
Andrea Cox
by Andrea Renee Cox

Every woman on this earth should go through the Breaking Free Bible study. Honestly, I believe that if every woman on earth worked through this book with heartfelt sincerity and determination, this world would be a planet devoted to God Almighty.

Here's my testimony:
When I went into this study, I was tired to death of being single. I was tired to death of being rundown and weary. And I was tired to death of people always being on my back about something.

The journey was hard. I
EMILY TACKITT
Dec 13, 2016 EMILY TACKITT rated it it was amazing
This is such an amazing Bible study. It is one I believe I could do yearly just as a way to check in with myself. It is amazing the things that will bind us in our daily lives, this Bible study was a great way to identify those things as well as a way to break the chains!
Naomi
Oct 16, 2016 Naomi rated it really liked it
Scripturally sound. Challenging--she's not afraid to address the hard stuff. A few assignments seemed simplistic, but overall the applications and homework were relevant and helpful.
Meghan
Jul 08, 2016 Meghan rated it it was amazing
Update [4/16/16]
t's admittedly taken me longer than the traditional ten weeks to make it through this book with my bible study group, but I can honestly say that I've stepped out the other side a different person. God has really shaped my life through this book and other sources. And it's really interesting to go back to pages where certain things like actually trusting God, even a little it, seemed completely impossible and then look at where I am now. There just seemed like so much gap betwee
Julie
Aug 13, 2016 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: subj-spirit, 2013
This is my first workbook/self-led Bible study. It's also my first exposure to Beth Moore.

As a Bible study, I will rate it Medium. And I will admit that (because I was occasionally behind in my homework) I occasionally completed whole sections without looking up any Bible verses. That feels wrong, but it also didn't feel like it negatively impacted my experience. Which also feels wrong.

As an Intro to Beth Moore, I rate it Very Good. She is dynamic and intelligent and honest and really, really c
Sam
Jul 15, 2014 Sam rated it it was amazing
I feel like I am being cliche, but this study was life changing. It saved my sanity more than one time. I have dealt with anxiety for pretty much my whole life, and this study has given me the most effective tools and wisdom to break this stronghold. I have actually done this multiple times, not because it didn't speak to me, but because I got complacent and stopped doing what I had learned. Make no mistake that God is the one who broke this stronghold and set me free. This study helped me to de ...more
Kim Winters
Dec 24, 2014 Kim Winters rated it it was amazing
I have done this study four or more times, and just went through this newer version - and I must say I was once again reminded why Beth Moore is so exceptional. Perfect study for someone who wants to get back on track with Jesus, or gain an overview of some of the basic requirements of developing intimacy with the Lord. I highly recommend this version as it was updated and felt very balanced in terms of time spent on each day. I went through this long distance with a friend and then we skyped ab ...more
Emmalisa
Nov 09, 2012 Emmalisa rated it it was amazing
A tremendous study that you can do in a women's group or individually. Recommend to use this study guide in conjunction with the DVD's, & is great to discuss amongst friends. Gives biblical insight to the issues women face today & can be helpful for Mum's & wives as it covers an array of topics. Beth is an amazing role model for all (Christian or non-Christian) women, as she can relate in a heart warming way & knows how to reach out by providing questions that are helpful in jour ...more
Rachel
Apr 01, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it
Great and in depth Bible study book. It really helped me dive deeper into verses and spiritual growth. I liked the emphasis on recognizing personal strongholds although I didn't like the many references to yokes. The video segments were really captivating. The chapters were quite long but overall really good to journey through and break free from the chains. This study book really helped me recognize the importance of daily Bible reading and exploration.
Amanda
Mar 27, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Learn to loose all those stresses and guilt of things that haunt you in the past and turn to look towards God. A powerful Bible Study that shows you that the Lord can make all the bad things disappear and learn to focus on him to help you through all the suffering that you have in your life. Struggling to stay to who you should be with the Lord's help will make things easier. Trust and love the Lord and he will help set you free!
Judi
Jul 30, 2011 Judi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
Finished our study tonight. Powerful ending via the last session's DVD. We all thoroughly enjoyed the study - it spoke to all of us in different ways. Each week was packed with lots of readings, soul searching / thought provoking questions that encouraged us to have lively discussions each week. Highly recommend - Beth can make you laugh and make you cry, but always provides so much research that you gain a much deeper understanding.
Sara Mccandless
Mar 19, 2014 Sara Mccandless rated it it was amazing
Very good lay out. It was inspiring and motivating! It helps you look into your past match up and recall points in your life, battles, fear, to the Bible example on a woman's perspective. Kinda set up thought for thought then a literal way of viewing scriptures, but she does shed some light on greek words for the overall meaning... which gives creditability to her thoughts on the matter. Which I like.
Ashley
Nov 12, 2014 Ashley rated it liked it
There's some great stuff in here. I recommend it to people who are struggling with strongholds in their lives (who isn't?) My only frustration was that I was pingponged around the Bible each session and sometimes had difficulty pulling it all back together into a cohesive whole. I think I prefer more focused studies. Cross-referencing is a great tool, but I didn't benefit from it much in this study. Could be a personal problem!
Terri
Jul 16, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing
This was a life changing bible study for me. It was more than just a book. It has to be one of the most powerful and healing studies out there. I did this on my own but it is offered in bible study groups too. If you read other reviews you will find more information. It's hard for me to put this one into words!
Janet
Aug 18, 2010 Janet rated it it was amazing
Summer 2010 Bible Study at EMB. Powerful. Key points: Asking God to give me an authentic, intimate love for Him - from which all our love for others will flow. Responding to Him with "I Love you, too."
The 5 benefits to a relationship with God: To Know and Believe God, Glorify God, Find satisfaction in God, Experience God’s Peace, Enjoy God’s presence
Hilary
Sep 30, 2012 Hilary rated it it was amazing
This Bible Study was amazing. Beth Moore is a little gift from God. Her passion & humor & joy are in every line of this book. There is also a DVD set that accompany's this workbook. Highly recommend that everyone who reads this book, watch the DVD's that go with it. It will only enhance her msg. & that of the Lord's. This was my very first Bible Study @ the church I attend. WOW!!!!
Tricia
Apr 28, 2012 Tricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible-study
I really enjoyed this Bible Study by Beth Moore - This was my first on-line Bible Study and it was GREAT. This study will teach you so much about God and to Believe in Him along with Glorifying Him. Then when you are not looking, you will start to find satisfaction in Him and to experience His peace. A very enjoyable Bible Study to fully enjoy God's presence.
Emily
May 08, 2008 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this somewhat with my home group, and because I heard so many people say that it had been life-changing. It wasn't that for me, but it did give me a lot to think about and work through. I liked the structure of having SO much to read and look up and respond to, but that also isn't for everyone.
  • Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted
  • Nehemiah Member Book: A Heart That Can Break
  • God Speaks Your Love Language: How to Feel and Reflect God's Love
  • The Secret Gospel of Ireland: The Untold Story of How Science and Democracy Descended from a Remarkable Form of Christianity That Developed in Ancient Ireland
  • Me, Myself, & Lies: A Thought-Closet Makeover -Bible Study Workbook
  • Night of the Living Dead Christian: One Man's Ferociously Funny Quest to Discover What It Means to Be Truly Transformed
  • Becoming a Woman of Prayer
  • A Woman's Walk with God: Growing in the Fruit of the Spirit
  • The Bible Answer Book
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • Be Committed (Ruth & Esther): Doing God's Will Whatever the Cost (The BE Series Commentary)
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • A Grace Revealed: How God Redeems the Story of Your Life
  • The Journey: Living by Faith in an Uncertain World
  • God's Missionary
  • Transforming Children Into Spiritual Champions: Why Children Should Be Your Church's #1 Priority

FROM THE AUTHOR'S WEB PAGE: Beth founded Living Proof Ministries in 1994 with the purpose of teaching women how to love and live on God’s Word. She has written numerous books and Bible studies, including Breaking Free, Believing God, and When Godly People Do Ungodly Things, that have been read by women of all ag
More about Beth Moore...