Start by marking “What the No-Good Baby is Good For” as Want to Read:
What the No-Good Baby is Good For

What the No-Good Baby is Good For

For any child with a no-good baby in their house, Broach offers up a completely unique solution to the new sibling problem. Full color.
Published May 19th 2005 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about What the No-Good Baby is Good For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the No-Good Baby is Good For

Mar 29, 2015 Autumn rated it really liked it
This is a cute book about a young boy who is tired of his little sister and wants her to go away. Sounds like in my house with K and his sister A. The mother goes along with okay she can go, but she made him tell her about the good things of having his sister there. That is what I thought was a good thing to do. So for every negative thing the brother had to say there was also something positive.
The only thing that was bothersome for me was the constant repeating of the no-good baby, though aft
Kind of disappointing that the only things the baby does that are worthwhile to her brother are things that involve making him feel superior to her. Hmmmm. Not one I would pick to share with my child.
Monica Williams
Apr 11, 2014 Monica Williams rated it liked it
One of many in the list of sibling rivalry books. The no good baby might be good for something after all.
Emerson and Theodore
Sep 16, 2014 Emerson and Theodore rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
Cute book. Validates the feelings of the older brother who is sick and tired of the baby.
By the way did I mention that Emerson presented a toast at dinner a few nights ago? It went a little something like this:
"I love my Dorio and I will love him even more when he gets a little older".
And then again at chipotle: he held up his little box of milk and said "I love my mommy and daddy and my brother Theodore. And I will love him more when he gets older". Then we all said "cheers!"
Erika Conley
Apr 29, 2011 Erika Conley rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to bring up the conflict of siblings. When John says that his little sister must go, he packs her suitcase and then realizes that there are some things that he likes about her. The illustrations are sweet and describe the story perfectly.
Seriously. How many books do we really need about learning not to hate a new baby? Is that the only problem early readers face nowadays? I'm waiting for the book on how not to use the entire role of toilet paper to wipe yourself.
Jane Sandberg
Mar 15, 2012 Jane Sandberg rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-work
A fun take on the old sibling-jealousy-turning-to-affection theme. It's not until John starts packing to send his baby sister away that he realizes that she might be good for something after all.
May 13, 2009 Amber rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for older siblings of babies. A boy decides he doesn't want keep his baby sister, and Mom says ok. Very cute.
Sep 14, 2011 Gaylene rated it really liked it
This is a fun book for anyone, but would definitely help an older sibling deal with a new baby. Very cute.
Tim Hardin
May 01, 2011 Tim Hardin rated it liked it
Another good book on sibling rivalry or envy.
Bookshelf Study
Bookshelf Study marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Lucia Izzy Fontán
Lucia Izzy Fontán rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Meg marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Jannah added it
May 06, 2015
Liz rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Marie rated it did not like it
Mar 30, 2015
Alice added it
Apr 29, 2013
Sarahbeth rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Kathy Ellen Davis
Kathy Ellen Davis rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2013
Aj marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2011
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2012
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2011
Elise Broach is the New York Times bestselling author of children's books including Masterpiece, Shakespeare's Secret, Desert Crossing, Missing on Superstition Mountain (the first book in the Superstition Mountain Trilogy) as well as several picture books. Her books have been selected as ALA notable books, Junior Library Guild selections, a Publishers Weekly Best Children's Book, a New York Public ...more
More about Elise Broach...